MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Haven’t checked mine yet today but everyone had at least an 8-10 hour head start on me! Anyone know the story of the tortoise and the hare? LOL

6 Likes

Hey @cdnBuddy

Just drop a couple more just in case.

It will be ok.

5 Likes

Had 2 or 3 that poked up when I peeked in this morning before running out to work will post pics when I get home tonight

4 Likes

Out of the water, and into the rooters.

10 Likes

Out of the paper towel and into the beer can :joy:

14 Likes

You’re gonna roll your eyes and shake your head but is it too late to enter! Lol.

3 Likes

I have the cup, seeds and soil and I’m ready to go! I usually germinate in paper towel but I’m down to just throw the bean into the soil!

7 Likes

Germinate away mate. :seedling:

6 Likes

Better get going. You’re running behind the pack!

7 Likes

Please go ahead bro.

Cool.

6 Likes

Thank you! Thank you!

5 Likes

Hope so, if not i’ll plant another one in a few days. Just hooked up my new light, so ill see how they are tomorrow when I wake up.

3 Likes

One isnt gonna pop it looked cracked but 3up

9 Likes

Decided to paper napkins germinate after all cause it’s what I’ve done and I’ve had 98% success. I’m already behind a bit plus I’m not worried about growing the biggest or fattest I’m in it for fun and if I get some decent smoke in the end that would be the whipped cream on top :+1:t3::smiley:

10 Likes

Placed in brown paper napkins moistened with water and inside my little metal tin that’s perfect for germin’ My beans :+1:t3:

9 Likes

So, i started 8. 4 in potting soil and 4 in potting soil with a bit of composted manure. Im afraid the manure might be too fresh yet, hence the other 4. If they burn, ill use the other 4. If they dont, ill use those.

Had a little helmet head. Got it off though

The other two that popped up.

Its 4 guavaHP x C99
and 4 Doc holiday x C99
2 in each group.

9 Likes

I just set up the time lapse camera for this challenge and while retreiving the last lapse videos I realised something went wrong back on April 11 and it hadn’t been recording since then ffs.

All should be good for the month of vegging these though, hopefully I capture some magic happening.

5 Likes

Had 4 of the 6 pop, 1 rem CBS x rcb and 3 divyder’s.

moved them to up on filing cabinet area.

10 Likes

My solo cup along with my other plants :v:

12 Likes

This looks like such a hoot. I think I’m going to be too busy to try, though. I may do it anyway but I may have to leave town for a week at the end of the month and would hate to depend on somebody else to finish it out for me.

I forgot to look to see how long they go… maybe it’ll still be growing while I’m gone.

Anyone remember about how long the contest takes? I looked through one old thread last night but was busy looking at the plants only.

4 Likes