MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

not a lot of change. Happy though

13 Likes

You guys are kicking my ass with these beautiful plants.
I keep forgetting about mine but they are hanging in there with me. I need to clean the tubs and automate this cabinet again.

Da Green is starting to flower already!
I repotted the red poison after the photo. It was sitting pretty low in the cup. I was counting on a little more stretch.

9 Likes

@Baltimore, this is a variety I am working on making into a full auto. These are a cross of an auto male, Lowryder2, and a photo female (Juanita la Lagrimosa).

4 Likes

A little hungry but going strong
Auto mamba negra
Under Chinese led strips

12 Likes

Good call, might as well ram the soil right to the top for maximum space, especially since the cups are fatter at the top.

3 Likes

@ReikoX I love your stuff. Bring on the pics plz :blush:
I’m gonna need some of your stickers for.my little collection. Good stuff dude. Keep in touch.
-J

1 Like

As soon as the trophy is secure ReikoX will be glad to fill your order for one of these at the low cost of $350 ea. Also comes with a free quart of new and improved LITFA as a bonus for the first 50 orders. Batteries not included.

8 Likes

Gorgeous dude I started an auto at the same time I should have entered it. I got a couple freebies a while ago. Mixed up the and purple Mazar. Both fem autos. Proud father a a purple lady lol. It’s probably in 18oz of medium.

That’s a beautiful plant @HappyHemper! Can’t wait to see flowers! Black mamba. Snake emoji plz!:fire:

@rooted. Always love yer plants. 2 cups in the middle of a forest. Are those all fem? You sexed an yet?

Has anyone sexed any? Just checking. I know there are some autos. Look in great y’all. Later
-J

3 Likes

You done labeled me a her. Yeah Most of them are feminized. That’s the goji pupil in there. She aint acting right gonna flower her solo soon.

3 Likes

Couple males showing. Will update when I get home.

2 Likes

I think I talk too fast not quietly enough for my text-to-speech. My girlfriend told me I could download a new text to speech but if it’s through the website I don’t think that has anything to do with it I’m looking for reasons other than me LOL. Pretty much what everybody’s been telling me slow down and shut the fuck up. Just checking in on you fellows.

2 Likes

My talk to text always fucks up. Seems easier to just type most times lol

3 Likes

Alas we cannot offer these due to an FAA ban. We are attempting to get a waiver as a weather station since humidity and temperature are recorded at all altitudes but it does not look promising at the moment

1 Like

28 days without any forced ventilation other than when i open the cabinet.

13 Likes

Starting to shrub up nicely, looking forward to the flip on Sunday!

20 Likes

Looking good @slain definitely some tight internode spacing on that girl!

4 Likes

Btw the curved light strip is pretty damn dope if I don’t say so my self I’m guessing that’s a DYI build then?

4 Likes

Yep, short and squat, more than I was expecting even, by sheer fluke this might be the perfect 160z cup strain, but will have to see if it stretches at all when I flip.

Thanks! Yep, I was going to put a Cree 75w CXB COB light in the tent, but I had a spare Samsung 1100 mm strip that was a lot more flexible that I was expecting, and I prefer the strips because they produce less waste heat and are easier to passively cool. I bent it around a strip of aluminium, hooked it up and away it went. It’s only 50watts, but I want to see if I can get close to 1g/watt with such a small setup, just for shits and giggles more than anything. When this comp is out the way I’ll do a quick rundown on the setup. Looks complicated, but only took me a day or so to build.

5 Likes

Damn @slain, looking rock solid. You got a nice root system going on let me show you what the eye hortilux been doing to these babies I pulled this one out it’s nothing but roots.

I’m watering three times a day. Starting to yellow on the bottom a little bit so I’m going to give it a little a little shot of Fox Farms vegetative growth and then after I’m going to give it a little bat guano. Later.
-J

Sorry I pulled three of them out just to give everybody an idea of the size of them for my laptop besides it. I put a gallon jug right in the middle behind them just to give you an idea scale.

These are 3 cups. All get em together for a group shot Tom. Later. Y’all can vote on whatever. How about nicest plant at flip? Lol I’m trying to get a ribbon for even effort…haha No tipping with the flip coming.

14 Likes

They look like stonkers dude! I take it you are not going to tip them?

I am hoping by the end of the comp it will be perfectly compressed 160z cup shape ball of roots, I might have to build another one of these mini dwc things only using a 12 l tub and put 6 cups on top for my pheno hunt tent, even with such a small container for the roots it works better than I expected.

5 Likes