MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

Yeah, sos all for the lack of updates, I went away for a week and the $8 mini pump I was using failed, so mine was looking terrible when I got back Sunday. Itā€™s semi on the mend now, but it couldnā€™t have happened at a worse time, right after flip, so I ended up with the roots and leaves getting pretty hammered. Anyway, so it goes! Here is where it is at currently. So far not so much as a pistil in sight but they canā€™t be far away.

Roots, the dark colour is kelp and fulvic, but the rootball should be bigger, it hasnā€™t grown much if at all since last pics, drying out will do that it seems :frowning:

Am well impressed by the standard of entries in this 16oz comp, some amazing stuff happening here everyone!

20 Likes

Flood and drain tupperware containers.
Beer cans instead of cups (because, why not).
And Iā€™m going to punch holes in my cup!
And bubbler with his spinning lights.
Tweedshits baked and forgot about the comp
Like a few others.
Mads mad.
Thereā€™s a lot being quiet though.
Hoping for some kick ass updates.
83 winged keel, Cā€™mon!
:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Flip timeā€¦ a watched pot never boils, you know how it goes bro :wink: I am just amazed and stoked mine survived at all, another day it would have been crispy fried and game over.

7 Likes

In project management we have a corollary to that statement ā€œAn unwatched pot boils over immediatelyā€ :wink:

Love your 16oz DWC!

9 Likes

Loving it.

Too bad I had to withdraw.

Gonna pitch in more seeds for the winnerā€¦

Sci :robot:

13 Likes

Sex was determined this morning.

And then there was one.

The rootball from one of the boys.

Keep smiling.

25 Likes

Update. The photo plants in the veg tent are overtaking, soon to be flipped. Gonna need to figure out alternative living arrangementsā€¦

Crowded:

19 Likes

Looks like youā€™ll need to Mongo that big branch soon :rofl:

3 Likes

Had one of these tip over, I ran home and picked her up at lunch. While I was there, I got you all a real picture.

Just to show the roots are contained in the cup as per the rules.

20 Likes

Hereā€™s one female.

17 Likes

This is the coolest competition ive ever seen. I am for sure participating next year.

13 Likes

Iā€™m strongly considering it as well. If I can manage it, I would very much like to.

In the meantime, Iā€™m enjoying the show.

12 Likes

Same here pardner, i already have a strain and light in mind.

5 Likes

I really donā€™t have the space. I have a goal of 6 I believe. I had 8. I pulled one uppotted, turned out male. Caught one of my Main plants, was a male also.

Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll have 4 that are competition worthy. I think some people didnā€™t have the plant numbers and fell out. Iā€™ll throw a couple next year. Iā€™ll just use a couple fems and see how it goes. One thing I learned is how resilient and malleable the cannabis plant is. I have a whole new outlook on things I would and wouldnā€™t try.

Weā€™re gonna have some good ones I believe. Mine are starting to flower stretch. Iā€™m just hoping the plants root systems doesnā€™t strangle it. We shall see. I donā€™t see me winning. I enjoyed the friendly competition and meet good people. This is a good way of unifying us.

Some of us tend to be passionate to the point of being pushy or whatever you wanna call it. This is a good way to being those defensive walls down. Itā€™s been a pleasure for real guys. Thanks to all of yā€™all.
J

10 Likes

Mine still show no signs but nodes are even not staggered which im hoping is just cause theyre small

4 Likes

This looks so fun! Canā€™t wait to check out all the results! looking amazing!

3 Likes

Such a fun threadā€¦One day, I will give this a goā€¦

Great job all who enteredā€¦

K.

3 Likes

Is your plant just ā€œhappyā€ to see you, Hemper?

K.

3 Likes

@Kobracom420 did you just assume my plantā€™s gender? :laughing: I guess heā€¦ sheā€¦ they? is LOL

4 Likes

Mine werenā€™t a long way behind. If I had been here to feed them they might be close to worthy. But, Iā€™ll have to leave during the flowering. My Maui Sunshine seem to want to grow the largest. My GG#4 x Sour Bubble look nice but in no hurry. ( I canā€™t wait to put them in larger pots or the ground)

3 Likes