MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Was pretty upset that mine died, but I’ve since been playing around with my plants in peat pots and transplanting when they get a bit bigger.

This one is around 13days old when i took the picture so if I keep it up next years competition I won’t kill everything within a week lol

Great job all! Some sweet looking plants.

14 Likes

I culled two more females leaving me with four females. I also added a second flood to my timer and bumped the 2700K strips up 5%.

22 Likes

Found a Maui chick finally confirmed a Maui. Rest are sexed. Have a good one. Nice job slain. Lookin good.
J
Ahhh sorry bout the flash lol

2ft.kinda lanky…wish I woulda prepared better. Oh well they’re plants. Not the end of the world. :blush:

17 Likes

Quick update of my neglected solo contestants

21 Likes

An update on mine. I have put it in the big girls tent for a few days because there is some room currently. I have also got it hooked up to the big air pump, the rez is mostly foam :laughing:

It’s still growing, and showing no sign of flowering at all. When it’s good and ready I guess?

Top view, getting a few crowns, this cool lime green stays constant. The buds end up a similar colour.

Underside view, stubby and short node spaces come from both the big bud and the super skunk phenos that are in this plants mix, I have had to trim it ‘down there’, it was getting messy and just growing over itself. If I veg this strain with lots of blue light, it doesn’t stretch at all.

Roots, Iooking up at some of the earlier pics, I lost a lot of root mass when the pump failed and the plant dried out for three days, from previous experience, plants don’t seem to like going into flower and growing roots at the same time.
This probably will have slowed down this plant going into flower. To try and recover some root mass, I have been sprinkling mycorrhiza onto the roots and…

Giving it 2ml of this every 4 days via a dropper into the root ball to encourage new growth.

You can see some new root nodules beginning to form in these two shots.

Hopefully next update mine should be flowering!

23 Likes

Yeah just now checked. Mine still no signs either. Plant like a little hulk
from the stalks id say you got a beast coming there.

8 Likes

Found a temporary home. That cheap array sucks kinda, but should bring it home. Handwatering is awful though, 4x a day needed…

21 Likes

Figured I’d do an update first are the 2 divyder’s followed by the cherry berry cross.

now for my question, one the girls in my flower tent has been in flower since the last tuesday of april( its 11 weeks and a few days total) and I have yet to get a single bud on it. Plenty of bud sites but none have actually started to flower, like all there aren’t even popcorn buds :frowning: my buddy who I got the clones from had a similar issue with his last year and had ended up culling his. But I’m not really sure what to do, It sucks cuz of how long it’s been going with what is so far seeming to amount to wasted time, materials, money and electricity. I know back in may I had a night or 2 where I fell asleep before closing my tent and figured it may have started to reveg but should have been back to flower and harvested by now as it is normally a 8 to 10 week flower period. Any Thoughts, opinions or advice would be super awesome and appreciated.

13 Likes

Have you confirmed the light comes on and goes off when you think it should?

5 Likes

Three sexy ladies in lil red dresses. @slain. Looking nice. Quit now! Lol. That ones gonna be the one. Mine are out control. I know the yield is gonna suffer horribly from the stretch. I have one that’s pretty uniform. I know all that node space isn’t good with a small root system. Harder to get everything where it needs to go. For what it’s worth the main stem is thick haha. That’s what I tell em. I sleep better. Jk seriously tho I hope the flower stretch stops soon :joy: Lookin good y’all.
J

15 Likes

Yeah, it’s on 4pm till 4am. I’ve checked my timer, been using my usual flowering nutes and everything. Wondering if maybe it was just overstressed and maybe to many times of cloning?

4 Likes

Hashtree how dare you treat your women like that. Hopefully you took em out to dinner to make up for it. :wink: looking good. Nice and hairy lol.

4 Likes

Here are the gals! Sorry I’ve been MIA I really have no excuse other than I’ve been a workin’ :grin: The first pics are of my favorite girl. Then the other two. After a little family photo of the three 16oz ers with my WiFi in the back and my recently germed Gelato #41 :heart_eyes::ok_hand:t3::sunglasses:.

Also, seems only my fave girl is flowering nicely, the other two are behind.

15 Likes

Here are the other two photos I was talking about. Somehow it didn’t load in my previous post. :man_shrugging:t3:

12 Likes

Gelato 41… After you sir haha. I wish I was a baller. That cup would have been peeled off and stuff that girl in a 5gal. Where can we bring them together and have a taste and potency test from all of us a judge’s. In the future I’ll be head pot sampling judge. Looking good bud. I was afraid to top mine. I like the way you move. Fearless! Have a good one.
-J

4 Likes

Hahaha thank you sir. No baller lol least not yet, got blessed or as some say, “lucky” to have the Lato plus 3 more seeds. I decided last minute to germ the smallest of the seeds and Make me a bonsai mother plant so I can have a steady supply of that G #41 :sunglasses::+1:t3: I’ll be more than happy to send ya a cut or two of her so we can both be a ballin’ :smile::fire:

5 Likes

Btw that would be so awesome to be able to try each other’s flower but just for fun cause I’m self conscious about my skills as a grower lol

4 Likes

It’s all just fun bro, no room for taking anything too seriously when all you got is some weed plant and a 16oz cup :wink:

9 Likes

I never passed on one in my life. :blush:

Random question, but has anyone ever heard of someone wiring a street light up? I’ve heard crazy shit. They have some super bright led lights now. Not that I have one but I bet it would grow a mean one. Around here you could make it happen haha. Be safe y’all.

2 Likes

If all else fails you have a cannabis smoothie and the cup got whip it in. How smashed would you be. After the solo cup challenge we have to blend all the bud from in and chug it from the cup lol. Then you gotta do double dare shit.

My weed be so light my fat ass might win. Everybody else would be slumped staggering or too paranoid to compete. :laughing: My mind needs better things to think of. We might create world peace…fuk that. Back to the pot in a cup!

4 Likes