MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

How many days in are you all? :calendar:

:evergreen_tree: poll :monkey:

I have eyed off some of those mobile road works light banks that are sure to be good quality cree’s or similar. IMHO, you are better off getting the leds off Digikey or similar. Some of the Citizen 110v COBS put out over 35000lm per chip!

https://www.digikey.com.au/product-detail/en/citizen/CLU550-3626C1-40AL7G4-B24/1642-1196-ND/5820565
But you do get what you pay for I guess.

After trying lots of different COBs, strips, boards, some HID’s in the end I reckon the strips win out imho, at least in my situation where heat is a big deal.

Stuck mine in a couple of days late on prob the 2 June, flipped on 1 July. Had a near death experience in the middle, and now being real shy showing off it’s lady bits now as a result.

6 Likes

Just started day 13 of flower

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure if were not on day 13+ or mine a few hours before of after. Or your out a the comp! I won’t stand for it. It didn’t matter to me when y’all induced flowering. I think flowering perfectly in a solo is a feat.

We’re not worried about what I think is a feat. East Coast checking in. Jul 13. We know when the 1lst and 15th is for sure around here. The zombies start to get restless.

5 Likes

Not sure about other states but in CA gubmint bennies are distributed to each person on the calendar day matching the last digit of their welfare acct. :wink: …so folks can’t run the same ole scam.

Food stamps have been vital to me for some years now. :neutral_face: :pray:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

@Baltimore if you know electricity wiring and such snagging a road light could be nice for your grow(i.e free or cheap​:joy:). I made my first grow light outta a 70w hps “dawn to dusk light”. I just took off the light sensor and wired in a switch. Made a ghetto reflector outta an old metal coffee can :joy::joy::joy: it worked pretty well. But this was like 2005 before I ever read about micro growing so my results were kinda skimpy compared to how these mini gurus get down nowadays…

Roots

My two ladies under my little 150 :drooling_face::drooling_face:

14 Likes

Finally somebody kept it real. I love it though I don’t condone it now. Back then it was the "stick it to the man " always. I’m still like that, but I know when to tread lightly. Things are fragile w/MJ. We don’t need to go in reverse that’s for damn sure. Like @oleskool830 says. Onward through the fog! Have a good one bud.

9 Likes

First grow light I ever had I cut off a school wall. Welded my lineman pliers together

8 Likes

Bud has started to form

18 Likes

Reminds me of a not so bright apprentice I used to work with who nearly got himself killed when the foreman told him to ‘cut’ the 415v three phase power to a site, so pliers in hand that’s what exactly he did. Nearly a Darwin award that one :grin:

14 Likes

Yeah it goes by your last name now. I remember ODB on MTV in a limo cashing his stamps in. Ahhh Brooklyn Zoo. The classic you never let you kid listen too. Anyways…back to the show. @Mongobongo You should win on sheer canna-fortitude? You got that thing spinning. I love it!

@slain. He was about to look like a Hiroshima blast to hit his ass. We’re you waiting on the cut or were you ducking? I had to ask. :wink: I bet those buds in your mini DWC are gonna be rock solid. What strains are y’all running again in the cups.

Can we get a what strain is in your cup check in? I have six cups still going. I have 4 BBx’s going and 2 Maui Sunshine ladies. They finally stopped the stretch. I was freaking out. Y’all be safe.
-J

6 Likes

Just the stem alone makes me hard bro. She looks strong as fuck :+1:

5 Likes

I’m testing the Juanita la Lagromosa x Lowryder2 cross I made. So far I think there is promise in this cross and will be working the cross to a full auto. The auto has definitely shortened the flowering time. The Juanita la Lagrimosa cut is best at 10-11 weeks IME. I’ll have to wait until harvest to test the THC:CBD ratios. Juanita la Lagrimosa is about 8% THC and 8% CBD.

16 Likes

Sweet. Those girls are chugging along. Let us know when or if you drop the 1:1’s. I have a friends daughter who’s bed ridden and would probably benefit from a strain like that. It’s a beautiful thing to watch you bring those to fruition. I thank you for your time, effort, and love of it.

9 Likes

Sunshine DayDream F2

Happy days, until I forget to water for one day.

25 Likes

This ^^^

called my wife in a panic after I left for work “babe, can you please water that odd plant that’s all by herself? 3x a day please. Yes that tiny little thing. Yes three times a day. Because I’m trying to make it do things it’s not supposed to do”

It was so much easier on drip before the big tent plants outgrew it.

Getting fatter.
On FloraNova Bloom one part with a bit of chitosan now.

20 Likes

One is female. The shorter one also in single pic. Other still no tell but the reach n all idk.

15 Likes

Ots not letting more than one pic at time

here’s the female

10 Likes

The Juanita la Lagrimosa x Lowryder2 crosses at day 15. The one on the right shot passed the lights, so it got the ole z-bend treatment.

Here they are back in the cab with a fresh resivoir. Much more even canopy now. I may have to z-bend the back left plant if it keeps stretching. I also need to setup some kind of trellis, these girls are getting a little tippy.

20 Likes

Looks like those autos like being in the solo cup, heh. Or at least you make them look like they do. :wink: they went right into the normal structure. There are definitely going to be some good entries to judge! Is there a deadline on the finish, or just sort of when they all finish?

4 Likes