Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

I’m entering my wet season which means mushroom season is open.

First hunt yesterday 500 meters from my gate

A few Pan Cyan aka Blue Meanies

My area also has Cubensis. I’ll be posting through the season of my finds and would love to see yours too.

Bless Fatty :v:t4:

64 Likes

I am guessing you are in PNW? Nice find! I wish those grew here! But AFAIK none have ever been found in my state, let alone near me. Even during monsoons when relative humidity is reliably high. Lots of other mushrooms grow in the mountains though, and there are fairly active local mushroom foraging groups.

9 Likes

I believe he is in central America.

10 Likes

Badass! Living the dream!

6 Likes

Gotta be, those cyan are tropical/sub tropical.

I would love some spore prints… How many seeds do I need to send you?

11 Likes

We used to find some huge chanterelles when I lived in Trinity country, bit of butter and sea salt in a pan hard to beat

2 Likes

Floyd is correct, being a monkey you must have some blood line down here

4 Likes

I’d be happy to, no seeds necessary but if you want to I’d be happy to trade. I’ll have to look in to posting out of here. I have a feeling it’s private couriers only. We don’t even have an address or a street name, no one does haha

When my mum sent me mail to the surf camp I used to work at the boss said it’ll come but in about 8 months on horse back, I thought he was fucking with me but he wasn’t my mum’s Christmas card got there in August… on horse back

13 Likes

I know where there is a Chanterelle patch near me. Amazing for the desert, but go high enough into the mountains and there they are :mushroom: growing amongst pines :evergreen_tree:, aspen :deciduous_tree: , and Echinocereus cacti :cactus:!

4 Likes

Man I wish I lived somewhere cool

You ever want to send me a box of assorted pups I’d be forever grateful.

4 Likes

Peering out the window, shit house conditions for growing tree but perfect for fungi

Took the little one with me today after the rain settled

It’s always good to use a perforated bag or basket when collecting to drop spores as you walk

27 Likes

Some inedible varieties

18 Likes

Haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I still wanna be your neighbor…

6 Likes

I guess I should go looking around my state I live in Washington state in the king County area we just a had a good solid week of rain today it’s starting to climb back to that summer time heatwave :+1:

2 Likes

Follow the live stock mate

6 Likes

I thought you would be looking for wood loving fungi in Washington state. :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, this is a cool thread. I miss magic mushroom foraging. Only place to do it around me is private farms. Certainly a young man’s game.

4 Likes

You would be.

Here’s a good place to see what’s in your area of washington

4 Likes

So awesome, thanks for this !

1 Like

@Floyd is right @Madhillbomber2419 I wasn’t thinking regionally, this time of year I just have cow spotting on my mind so focused on the dung lovers

3 Likes