Magic Spirit Seed Company Mexican Melon, Bodhi Black Triangle and Lucky Dog Chem Fuego

No meme? Come on, dude!

3 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

25 Likes

LMFAO!!! :joy:

5 Likes

Did you just make that? Meme king… haha! Classic.

8 Likes

Where’d you even find a pic of a cat and a bunch of watermelons?!? I’m actually lol’ing in my backyard right now haha.

8 Likes

Everything’s looking great! :star_struck:

Thanks for the mention as I totally missed this thread :cry:

Wonder if those Mexican Melon’s are gonna get big :thinking:

5 Likes

What’s the temperature there today? :sweat_smile:

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

They’re gonna get big. Pretty sure about that. I topped them a week or two ago, even though they totally look like plants that should be grown single-cola style. Still, I just always have to top, I dunno why. It’s just something I’ll always do, probably. But maybe topping them will keep them a little shorter. Hopefully.

Is this an inside joke that I’m not aware of or not remembering? Haha. It’s hot. And only gonna get hotter. Been in the low 100’s pretty much all week. Plus-side, the pool’s all warmed up. We’ve been swimming late afternoon every day since Wednesday.

7 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

18 Likes

Eh… That meme’s okay. I liked the cat/watermelon one better. Seemed to apply to this grow report better, seeing as how this is a Mexican Melon grow report. I’m more about that booty. Any booty. Doesn’t matter where it came from haha… Mexico, Asia, the US etc etc etc… Gimme some ass all day long.

7 Likes

agreed… that questionably domesticated menacing feline guarding an absurdly full laundry basket containing an unusual variety of ostensibly deliciously ripe fresh collected watermelons just has that certain memetic je ne sais quoi

6 Likes

That’s funny. Seriously, though, who the fuck took that picture? And why did they feel compelled to fill a laundry basket with watermelons and pose their cat on a chair in front of said laundry basket? People are weird…

7 Likes

I’m excited to see these melons grow! And all that chem family stuff.

7 Likes

with all the recent worldwide shenanigans, it would be nice to at least set the cat melon story straight

4 Likes

Me too. 2nd one an afterthought. Weak.

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It was just so obvious. “Melons. Heh heh. Let’s post a tits meme.” The cat one was way better. Totally bizarre, really. But in a great way haha.

Sorry I put pressure on you to produce memes haha! I’ve actually been noticing lately that you haven’t been posting many memes, which is honestly awesome, IMO. I fucking hate memes, but you are the Meme King, so… haha.

7 Likes

I appreciate you tagging me brother! I have some packs of the Mexican Melon as well, so I am definitely excited to see how those 2 plants run for you. I saw in one of @Doc.D’s emails that hybrid was being referred to as Mexican Melon, but I am not entirely sure why.

I have some Black Triangle F2s from several different sources, including Kind024 of Generic Seeds. I have gifted hundreds of those to countless people and I had a large population that I was looking through before my russet mite infestation. I am pretty sure that @Buzzer777 just harvested a BT F2 that he grew from seeds I gifted him.

I keep trying to resist buying some packs of Chem Fuego and a few other Lucky Dog hybrids, but I will probably just do the damn thing sooner than later. I have spent a retarded amount (even more so than usual) on seed purchases whilst I have been shut down. I wish you well with the rest of your run! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

10 Likes

Sure did!
Thanks to @stanknugzz77 she is in the Herbsnow dryer now. She will be done tomorrow and I will have a sample to smoke until she cures properly in a few months!

5 Likes

Doc D said on Instagram (boooo) that the MDS x DE ended up smelling/tasting like melon. Cantaloupe, maybe? I dunno. But that’s why he’s calling this cross Mexican Melon.

Yeah, I did, too, for a little bit. But then I just said,”Fuck it,” and bought a shitload of his packs. Got a couple packs of the Durban Thai Highflyer cross, the Chem D cross, the Chem Sis cross, the SSH cross… A few others, too, that I can’t remember offhand. I dunno. I was really unimpressed with the Chem Fuegos early on, but they look great now. Super-stoked to see how they turn out.

Anyway, good on you for spreading those f2’s. One day… One day I’ll f2 shit and do the same… haha.

12 Likes

Aww, I got my one year anniversary badge today. Hard to believe that just a year ago, I was a young Overgrow pup starting a Time Bandit and Goji grow log. And look at me now…

Anyway, I switched to 11.5/12.5 today. Flowering has officially started! This is exciting… Two weeks ago, I switched to a 15/9 schedule and then last week, I switched to a 14/10 schedule. I feel like it really does help limit the stretch when I do it like that, so I always try to remember to do it. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don’t, but this time I did.

Watered with an AACT this afternoon, first time during this grow that I’ve done that. I usually try to do one at some point during veg and then one early on in flower, but I didn’t have any fresh compost or EWC until a couple days ago, so the veg compost tea didn’t happen. I also measured all of the plants this afternoon, I’ll include the height of each plant in parentheses next to their names.

Here’s the Mexican Melon #1 (17.5"):

And the Mexican Melon #2 (16"):

The #2 is the one that was growing weirdly, with the branches kind of happening wherever. She’s kind of growing out of that after I topped her, but you can see that she’s gonna have three tops because of the random growth. And that’s alright with me haha. She also looks way more Sativa-ish than the #1, although she is shorter, so there’s that.

Here’s the Black Triangle #1 (12"):

Black Triangle #2 (14"):

The #2 has a little bit of clawing going on, I don’t know if that’s just what this pheno’s gonna do or if it’s from too much N. I haven’t added any sort of high-N anything to it, though, so I’m thinking it’s probably just something that that plant’s gonna do.

Black Triangle #4 (11"):

The #4 was the one that was planted a week after everything else, I dunno if you remember or not. But she seems to be doing fine. I only transplanted her into the seven gallon pot last Friday, six days ago, but she really hasn’t skipped a beat at all. I added a little OG Biowar Nute pack underneath her rootball when I transplanted (did the same with all of the other plants when I transplanted them two weeks ago), maybe that helped. I hope it did.

Here’s the Chem Fuego #1 (14"):

Chem Fuego #2 (16"):

And the Chem Fuego #4 (15"):

I really thought the Chem Fuegos would have bigger, fatter leaves than they do, so that’s surprising. To me, anyway. The leaves just look “regular” or whatever. Maybe that Sour Headband mom of theirs grows like that, I dunno. I feel like every Chem grow I’ve ever seen online, the leaves were pretty huge, but maybe I’m remembering incorrectly. I haven’t looked at a Chem grow in a while.

Also, I didn’t take any clones of any of these plants. I wanted to, I just didn’t see any places where that was doable. I mean, there were some branches that I could’ve used for clones, but I felt like that wouldn’t have left the plants with very many branches to actually grow out. I dunno. I wish I knew somebody who could come over here and show me where exactly is a good place to take clones that’ll still allow for plenty of vegetative growth to remain. But these plants seriously didn’t seem to have too many spots. Not very branchy, except for the Mexican Melons. I’ve grown plants before that had lots of places to take clones from, but these aren’t like those.

So yeah, day 1 of flower today. Probably post pics in two weeks, while they’re in the middle of the stretch. I’m pretty curious to see where the Mexican Melons end up, although I’m also really getting a sorta “stretchy” vibe from those Chem Fuego, too. So we’ll see. Probably be like three feet tall next time I take pics.

19 Likes