Magic Spirit Seed Company Mexican Melon, Bodhi Black Triangle and Lucky Dog Chem Fuego

a real meme king would have photo shooped a sombrero on that cat!!! haha jk

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, I looked around just now and found two places that have them in stock, although I wouldn’t order from either of them haha. One was called thejuicyjoint and one was called dankpacks. Both appear to be in the UK. Or somewhere in Europe, anyway.

Honestly, the three Headbangers I’ve grown so far didn’t remind me of Sour Diesel at all. It was really, really good weed, some of my favorite in the last few years at least, but it didn’t have that Sour Diesel flavor. Not even close. When I first started trying them, after about two or three weeks in jars, there was one pheno in particular did have some Sour Diesel elements to it and reminded me pretty closely of SD. But those flavors cured out fairly quickly. All of them ended up tasting way more “OG” than anything else. And even the one that did have some Sour Diesel flavors to it, it didn’t have that mouth-coating thing going on that real SD has, where the flavor keeps evolving and you can still taste it thirty minutes later.

It’s definitely great weed and worth growing (you’ll notice I haven’t offered to send you a pack haha, that’s because I really wanna continue to check them out), but for future runs, I won’t be holding my breath that I’m gonna find something that resembles real-deal Sour Diesel. I think it’s more helpful, for me, anyway, to consider it an OG hybrid, not an SD hybrid.

10 Likes

@oleskool830 is the Meme King. Trust. And don’t you ever even think about questioning that haha!!

7 Likes

Sweet, thanks man! Yeah, I would want to order them from someone with a decent reputation. I’ll keep an eye out at attitude. I haven’t ordered from them for years. So I just looked… it’s been 7 years lmao. I’m ok with it not being SD leaning. I wanted ti more for some breeding projects. Appreciate all your info! :v:

5 Likes

Forgot to ask you, what’s that Swamp Magic? I looked around, but couldn’t find what the actual genetics are.

4 Likes

Swamp Magic is TK x Headbanger

8 Likes

Oooh, that sounds good!

5 Likes

sounds great

3 Likes

Alright, day 15 of flower. The Mexican Melon #1 is stretching way out of control and growing very, very rapidly. I move the pots around and rotate their positioning in the tent every time I take them out to water, so that they all get equal amounts of light, and the Mexican Melon #1 ended up right underneath where I have my hygrometer thing hanging. She ended up basically right underneath it. Or one of her tops did, anyway. I’ve got the hygrometer hanging horizontally, so its about two inches wide, the way it’s hanging. When I put the Mexican Melon #1 in the tent, one of her tops was exactly at the bottom of the hygrometer; the next day, she had already grown well past it. So a minimum of two inches a day.

That would maybe worry me, except one of the Chem Fuegos, think it’s the #2, is also stretching way out of control. Basically the same rate that the Mexican Melon #1 is.

Anyway, I watered today, took pics, but totally forgot to measure all of the plants. Which is fine, I guess. I’ll measure them the next time I take pics, in two weeks. The stretch should be over by then. The Mexican Melon #1 was the last plant to go back in the tent today, though, so I was able to measure her. She’s at 37 inches. She was 17.5 inches on the day I flipped. That’s, uh, big, especially considering she’s probably got at least two more weeks of stretching to do. Starting to get a little nervous… haha.

Mexican Melon #1:

Mexican Melon #2:

I just love this plant! There’s something about her that’s really speaking to me. She looks a little ratty, but that’s okay. I think she’s gonna produce the kind of flower that I’ve been missing for years and that I started growing to find.

Anyway, here’s the Black Triangle #1:

Little bit of flower development, but no frost yet. I’m not worried about it, it’s early. I’m sure in a week or two, those leaves will be frosty. The stems on her are super-girthy, too. I noticed that like four weeks ago. I think she’d be a good breeder, no doubt.

Black Triangle #2:

Both of the Black Triangles haven’t really stretched at all. Here’s a little side-by-side of the Mexican Melon #1 and the least-stretchy plant in the garden, the Black Triangle #1:

Haha! Shit, man, what can you do…? Once everything is done stretching, I’ll put the shorter plants on five gallon buckets. Maybe even do a little training and spread those taller plants out.

Chem Fuego #1:

Chem Fuego #2:

And the Chem Fuego #4:

Shit, looks like I forgot to take pics of that one. Fuck…

Anyway, yeah, I’m really loving everything so far. I just love growing. There are very few things that bring me more joy than growing weed.

I watered everything with a kelp and neem tea two days ago. I think I’m gonna water one more time with coconut water in a few days (did that around day 6, as well) and then that’ll be it. Straight water after that. Although I have been considering an alfalfa meal tea around week five, when the stretch is almost definitely over. I used to use alfalfa teas pretty regularly in veg, but I haven’t done that in a few years. Been kind of re-researching shit the last few weeks, getting back to my roots, and I think the triacontanol in the alfalfa really does make a difference. Anybody who has any experience/input about the results they see from alfalfa teas in mid-flower, feel free to chime in.

Anyway, I dunno. I’m just fucking around haha! Let’s give the plants some fucking alfalfa tea!!

17 Likes

Loving the strains you’re growing, mind if I sit and watch the show?

4 Likes

Yeah, I really do mind, actually. This is a CLOSED GROW REPORT, that only the coolest pot growers are allowed to see.

Just kidding haha. Of course I don’t mind, dude! The more the merrier. Welcome!

8 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

8 Likes

Haha! Dude, you kick ass. Seriously, I love you. I’m actually laughing out loud at that one. Full-on sitting in my backyard laughing. Gawd you’re good haha!

6 Likes

Just outta curiosity, though, have you ever used an alfalfa tea mid-flower? I think the latest I ever used one was like two weeks in? Maybe? I maybe never even used one in flower, I can’t remember. I definitely used to use them in veg. I’d have to look at some of my old logs and see if I ever used one in flower. I’ve been reading that using alfalfa early in flower can increase the stretch, which is why I’m holding off. Also been reading that some people think it’s too high in N to use during flower, but I disagree. I think it’d be fine.

I guess we’ll see in about three weeks…

6 Likes

Never used any teas. I’m using straight promix. No soil ATM. @ReikoX uses teas I think. Maybe he’ll chime in on it? Close your eyes and touch your nose three times and he wii appear. Works for me.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

4 Likes

Plants are looking great! Super stoked to see how they turn out.

Imo, you do not want to do this. Too much nitrogen of any kind in mid to late flower can cause flower development issues. Alfalfa in particular contains tricantinol which I would not want to use mid flower. I think you would be far better off with either fish bone meal (less N and I like the powdered stuff) or fish meal (more N). If you were having any pest issues, then I might consider neem or karanja meal. Compost teas also contain small amounts of nitrogen. Judging from the pictures you have quite a bit of nitrogen as it is. I would tread lightly. Again, just my opinion. :v:

8 Likes

You had me there for a minute. Good one man.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve read all that shit about using alfalfa in flower. Also saw Coot say he used it once a week in flower with great results. I think Coot’s a total dickhead as a human being, but he knows his shit when it comes to growing. I’m not saying I’m gonna use it just because Coot said he used it; I’m not a fanboy haha. But a week or two ago, the thought occurred to me,”You should water with a little alfalfa tea at week five…” haha! I’m not trying to sound all “Field of Dreams/‘If you build it, they will come’” but the thought did occur to me. Like out of nowhere. That’s actually why I’ve been re-reading about alfalfa lately. This weird thought popped into my head, so I figured it might be a sign. Or something.

I dunno. Maybe I’ll do it and we’ll see what happens. A quarter-cup or so in five gallons of water really shouldn’t be too bad. Let’s do it! Let’s do it and see what happens haha! If shit gets fucked up, so be it. I don’t think shit’ll get fucked up, though. I think shit’ll get very frosty.

5 Likes

Alfalfa is best used in veg or up to week three. It has a growth hormone triacontanol that causes stretching.

15 Likes

Eeeek put the brakes on the stretch .

2 Likes