Mail is here with a whole bunch of seeds!

I have had a look it appears they are saying free seeds, but heir postage is expensive, a bit like on ebay, sell or give the product away, make the money on the postage. Somewhere in spain, possibly trying to make a name for themselves then start putting prices up as they make a name for themselves.

Or am i just getting old and synical?

2 Likes

No, they are in amsterdam and the seeds get to you. I received mine and even tho you canā€™t tell anything by just looking at the seeds, they look super healthy tho.

1 Like

Ive never seen them in Amsterdam, appear to be new on the block, theres a new one pop up every minute, becuase on their site it says legal in the netherlands, its not legal only decriminalised.

Beleive me I have been prosecuted in Holland for growing.

1 Like

WOW @MadScientist,

You have been on a buying spree. I would love to see the pedigrees for the majority of those though.

There are 1 or 2 breeders / seedbanks on the list I recognise, but very doubtfull about the rest.

You will find a lot of different phenos in those seeds from within the same pack, but theres nothing to stop you doing your own stabilising and breeding program.

Love to hear some of the breeders points of view on this topic and if they themselves keep pedigree records for their own breeding programs and how they selec and stabilise.

Everyone has there own unique techniques :wink:

Edit) One thing about breeding and stabilising it takes up a lot of space and time.

2 Likes

Well, having smoked brick weed for most of my life, it really doesnā€™t matter to me if they got pedigree or not bro. Itā€™s gonna be great weed to smoke after all and at that, way better than the brick weed i can get, which is pure shwag. Will be breeding on a branch of each strain, donā€™t wanna have to pick seeds out every time i am gonna smokeā€¦ So to that end, Iā€™m gonna breed like normal people would do it. Just to get seeds from each strain and then weā€™ll see what happens, itā€™s not like i am gonna sell them NO NO NO! Iā€™m just creating my very own Svalbardā€¦ HAHAHAHA! Greedy bastard i amā€¦

3 Likes

There is a thread somewhere on here @bigsur and @Baudelaire were contributors to the thread, it was about how mostly now the geentics have been so mixed up they are predominantly a mix of everything thrown into 1.

Purple,kush,lemon,haze,widow, afghani,NL,skunk !!!

Please dont take it that I am been condascending or having a go at you @MadScientist. Its just that I am an oldskool purist, and beleive in preserving pedigrees and seperate lines of genetics. This is not to say the best is not yet to come, but my opinion is parralell with that of Dr. David Potter.

Iā€™m sure you will have fun and find the smokes to be a lot better than the schwag brick weed you refer to. It may be worth using some of the male pollen to create seeds with that schwag :wink:

1 Like

That will come later, i think that by doing what iā€™m gonna be doing, will be learning easily in the future about breeding and back crossing and tru-breeding and all of that, but itā€™s a learning processā€¦

2 Likes

Damn those are some pretty good secondsXD

1 Like

Whats with greenhouseā€™s practices you do not like ? Just curious I just ordered some greenhouse myself

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard they delegated the seed producing to local farmers who do not have enought breeding experience and/or knowledgeā€¦

2 Likes

So here in mass I have a dispensary thatā€™s gonna need strains from my momā€™s. They have this grey area the dept of public health says they donā€™t wanna know etc etc. Anyway. The dispensary agent came and took tissue samples of all my plants they were interested in. Sent em to a lab ā€¦they ate a couple grand to get ancestry and all the info they could and what a surprise. What I was told when I purchased it was the seeds were a just for example 20 indica / 80 sativa hybrid. But in reality when the test came back it wasnā€™t even close. It was more the opposite. And thatā€™s tough in the places you canā€™t have em tested. Now that recreational and medical is legal. A couple grams and a hundred bucks gets you the entire background on what you send in. Just to even deal with a dispensary I have to have em all tested. I sent some in 2 days ago and now Iā€™m dying to see what the numbers look like when itā€™s me sending it in. Not the dispensary who could really just say anything, they could print out a fake report and we wouldnā€™t be able to tell. Having that info then letting them test gives you a good idea if you even wanna deal with them at all. The dispensaritā€™s here suck. Seeded ganja. Weak ganja , super super expensive. I was invited into a grow op for a dispensary in Boston. Holy shit. Tell me if this even makes sense . So they have a 30 million dollar site. Itā€™s amazingā€¦so so so bad ass words doesnā€™t describe it. Then. They have a botanist. The head grower. Dude never smoked weed. As a matter of fact. He doesnā€™t even know what it looks like. If you gave this guy a dandelion and a bud, the only reason he would know the difference is he knows what a dandelion is. Itā€™s crazy.

2 Likes

I feel like all these strains out there. Theyā€™re all "clone only " that basically translates to I have no clue what this is. But I like it. So Iā€™m gonna name it something else and act like I created it. Itā€™s ridiculous. Thereā€™s not a lot of honesty I dont think when it comes to breeding. They never havery to show their faces. They donā€™t answer emails. They really could care less. They sell white shitty immature seeds. I canā€™t believe some of the shit thatā€™s out there.

2 Likes

Find good olā€™ american breeders, they at least have a reputation to mantain here in the mainlandā€¦ You feel me!?

2 Likes

Hey brother. Florida is now medical right. Any plans to go recreational?

1 Like

Absolutely. What I ended up doing was getting the stuff I had tested then collected pollen from
1 male sour d
1 male sour tangi
1 male raz kush x Mr nice
1 gsc gods gift pheno
And 1 male maple leaf x black domina. It has a 45 day flower. Tests in the low to mid 20s thc. Great strain. I used that pollen to cross about 15 different strains and Iā€™ve been working on em for a while now. Trying to stabilize em and bring out the best traits. Iā€™ve probably gone through a thousand regular seed in the last couple years. Imagine the damage this could do to a room just by opening the lid. Ugh. I hide this stuff because my idiot friends will think itā€™s keif and try to smoke it and destroy the entire run. Lol.

the second photo is my 3rd Gen gsc x sour tangi

4 Likes