Mainlining am I starting this right

What’s good OG I’m going to try my hand at main lining a plant is this a good start?

cloning the top

12 Likes

Off to a good start. I always end up breaking branches when I try this training method. I find waiting until the plant is thirsty helps prevent that.

9 Likes

Looks good but the stem on your clone is a bit brown?

3 Likes

Might be some sort of a rooting gel.

4 Likes

Silica (Si) would help the situation greatly! I’ve seen stems damn near be able to be tied in a knot with it…

My preferred brand is AgSil16H as has the most available Si to the plant vs any other on the market…and it’s a dry powder so not wasting hard earned money on a fancy bottle/label and mosty water! :wink:

Nice looking plant by the way!!

Were you going to leave that clone submerged in water? Never seen it done that way without a air stone…

Alaskagrown

7 Likes

Agreed and thanks for the product tip! This is what we’ve been using.

https://www.blueplanetnutrients.com/gold-shield/44-gold-shield

1 Like

That is cloneX my brother lol

6 Likes

@Alaskagrown My grandma taught me that it works 100% success rate for me only thing I ever buy I’d cloneX rooting gel im into keeping it simple when it comes to cloning

18 Likes

Plain water only

6 Likes

and then into the coco

4 Likes

@ReikoX 1 tear always sheds lol thank you for the tip brother

1 Like

Very nice!!

I’ll give it a try…

3 Likes

What are those red things holding the branches apart?

If it means anything my apt is at 69 degrees constantly and my tap water ph is like 7.3
spring and purified water work well also.
I make the cut, clip that 45° angle , dip in the cloneX then into the water they sit on the kitchen counter or wherever I have space. Beats buying shit lol happy growing OG

7 Likes

Plant trainers, grass pavers…Google them.

1 Like

Cheers mate

2 Likes

First time I saw them was here…https://www.shitseeds.com/new-collection-2?page=2

1 Like

@Jango Homegrown 90° plant trainers/clips/ benders

1 Like

got them off Amazon 10 bucks for 50

2 Likes

:+1: how often do you change it? how do you do for speed?

1 Like