Making banana FFJ in CR

Well this is the second installment, did Fermented Fruit Juice. Here’s how…

1. Gather gear and ingredients

2. Weight the bananas

3. Weight the crude sugar

4. Throw ingredients in bucket

5. Mix it all up using the same weight for both sugar and bananas

6. Voila, in about 5 or 6 days, will have FFJ.

Dedicated to @lotus710, my teacher in this…

6 Likes

Would it be possible to get the plant and fruit material from supermarkets that are throwing away food thats reaching its sell by date or does it have to be fresh?

You know at the back door so to speak?

Looking good. :+1:

2 Likes

I got this at the farmer’s market this morning at like 7am. But it won’t matter much. Not for now at least.

With Bananas especially the sugar content changes as they ripen as does the potassium and phosphorous content I beleive, not sure about other fruits?

Add some rum, pineapple juice and ice, throw that in a blender and whip it up. Don’t know for mj, but does a world of good for humans…

-b420

8 Likes

Green peaches picked at night, three days fermenting. I got bored and threw a batch together for fun.

2 Likes

Absolutely! Some pina coladas and getting caught in the rain… LOL

2 Likes

This applies to OHN, which is oriental herb nutrient. First you ferment some garlic, cinnamon and ginger. Then you add some alcohol on it. So yes I will.

1 Like

No need for booze for ohn. Thats just to stabalize after 45 days. Personally i let it turn to booze so i dont need to add any.

1 Like

Grab all the old fruits forsure. Under ripe. Over ripe. Any ripeness works! Different ripenesses for different growth stages.

2 Likes

Yes i read that. Baby fruits for cross-over period and then fully ripe for flowering, cool!

3 Likes

I cant wait to tell my freind that I know a guy who feeds his gorrilla glue bananas hehehehe.

4 Likes

LOL Yeah that sounds hilarious, doesn’t it!

2 Likes

LmfaoXD i should start feeding my glr grape lime ricky soda;)

3 Likes

Is the FFJ only ready when there are no chunks of banana left, or is there still some left over when you’re straining it to use?
I have one with Banana and one with Squash started on the 21st but both still have chunks still floating in them and I’m unsure when they are ready to be strained and used.

1 Like

Mine had a lot of chunks in it when i strained it, but it was very stable and homogenous after that. They say a pinch of sugar will keep itbetter but i dunno, if it’s fermented it shouldn’t need a fridge.

2 Likes

The fridge just slows the process of fermentation. You will need less sugar to keep the ferment active and stop more evasive fungus from taking over the culture. My opinion is it is a more diverse extract not the extract with only the strongest culture. That is my opinion and i appreciate any one else correcting me if i misunderstand the cycles ferments go through.

Oh, i meant for storage after fermentation only.

1 Like

I meant fermenting in a warm dark area and storing for long term in a fridge with a light proof container. :relaxed:

1 Like

Very loquacious my good friend… LOL

1 Like