Making Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB)

Ohhh fancy rice ,) @DanzaKuduro
I like how it stains the water black ,)

How do you like that fermentation lid @MadSientist I’ve thought of getting some for a while now.

Has anyone tried using whole full fat Coconut Milk for This purpose?

Ps. I hold a Milk Graders Certification in Ontario Canada & I can tell you 100% Non Pasturized Milk IS gonna work better overall only because there is millions more living bacterias/microscopic in the Milk, incl stuff that can make you sick like Listeria :+1:

Non Pasturized Goat Milk is easy enough to obtain if you know the Farmer or someone who drives a Milk truck :truck:… But in general likely a richer source for Bacterias/ and microscopic life.

However Regular Pasturized Milk of any type will still work just fine, it just has alot less microscopic/Bacterias count to start with, so through the fermentation process they grow and fully colonize the media regardless.

I’m really interested in someone doing this with Coconut milk/Cream the full fat stuff.

1 Like

@CADMAN sadly @madscientist isnt around og anymore, great write up either way been on my to do list for a minute now

2 Likes

Well that sucks :confused:
I’ve made lactos 1 time and it was fun. Just never did it again. Maybe I’ll try again with Coconut :coconut: fat milk.

I’m pretty sure it needs to be a milk with lactose in it to feed the lactic acid bacteria. I don’t think almond, coconut, or soy milks will work the same.

3 Likes

I think any source of glucose would be good. The LABs are bacterias that produce lactic acid from the break of sugars (lactose is one of this) but i think normal milk would go better just because has more proteins than coconut. :metal:t3::grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing-

I’m going to try it…

:+1:

1 Like

I think it worked-

3 Likes

How does it smell? :grin:

1 Like

Somewhat cheesy-

1 Like

I’m looking for a cheap and easy way to “charge” my soil. I usually reuse soil 5-10+ times before retiring it.

Can someone confirm this for me…

• Make rice water.
  • Let sit for 5ish days.
  • Extract middle layer.
  • Mix 1:10 middle layer:raw milk.
  • Let sit for 7ish days.
  • Remove curd layer.
  • Mix remaining liquid:molasses 1:1.
  • Store in fridge.
  • Apply roughly 1fl.oz. per gallon to soil when feeding.

This sound right?

1 Like

Also, thoughts on fulvic and humic acid?
Apparently folks drink this stuff like the LABs too…lol…everything is a superfood

Just bumping this up now that the forum is very active…
I was only able to find a couple L.A.B. links using the search…lots of 'lab’our day and 'lab’el idea threads in there too

Added this:

So say I do this and mix up 10 gallons of nute solution, add the correct LABS ratio, but I still have 3 gallons of nute/labs water after watering all my plants. Can I just add water and nutrients to the remaining solution and add more LABS before next watering or should I dump the remains?

Watering every 2ish days…bucket is aerated…water not just sitting for a week or more.