Male in veg?

My best looking and smelling plant looks like he showed his sex sugar ray what do you guys think? 20240109_010708|375x500

7 Likes

Cull it now!

2 Likes

It’s a boy!

Yep it’s a male.

If he straight up flowers in veg I would personally toss him and not use him for breeding but that’s me. If you don’t want males at all then definitely toss him.

If you DO want males, I look for males that will only show preflowers in veg and never actually throw balls that open. Regardless of rootbound or any other stressors. Never throws female hairs. They can be hard to find. Seems the majority of males I’ve seen, flower in veg or rootbound and/or herm.

3 Likes

I wait until you flower them afew weeks before throwing them out cause I’ve had plants early on and during presex that showed male balls then turn out to be 100% female later on . I dunno what it is sex change /mix up or something but it has happened to me more then once

1 Like

You aren’t good at reading the presex of plants, don’t feel bad I screw it up all the time!

1 Like

Yup, my experience has been sex will show shortly after the roots and canopy fill out while still under veg lighting.

Lol looks like he has only one ball haha

And a couple of my females have sexed,does this mean there root bound?