Male isolation boxes

So I’m about to make 2/3/4 new male isolation boxes. My old method was simply a few boxes I made from wood, plexi glass , some filter material a tiny oscillating fan or two and some FL lights. After many years of use and abuse I tossed them yesterday after a thorough look over and realizing they are past their prime. I am planning on making more, new improved versions and would very much appreciate any info , ideas, plans etc. that will help me to achieve my goal. I have purchased two quite large basically clear (frosted I guess :thinking:) totes and am going back and forth on what to use as a filter (to keep pollen locked in) I used masks previously (n-95 I use for sanding/painting) and doubled them up it worked but not ideally. Also trying to acquire 1/2/3 of those computer cooling fans to mount inside. Thanks in advance

5 Likes

You could try a furnace filter, used to use them strapped to a fan as a makeshift filter for airbrushing water based acrylics. AC infinity also makes little pc fans like that with controllers if you don’t want to rig up a computer fan.

1 Like

Mine is open in a bathroom with no exhaust and no circulation 30’ away from my main grow. Collect on newspaper, no problem.

If it’s in the same room as your main grow you’ll need something fancier.

2 Likes

You are the second person to suggest this, thank you it’s actually a perfect idea and one filter could be used several times as they are huge ! :wink: gracias

Yea I used to buy the cheap rolls of the stuff, it lasts forever :+1:, best of luck!

1 Like

It is now in the same room. I’ve used these boxes for a long time with great success, also works for popping one female in there too and letting them dance. And seeing as this year I have a ton of epic projects to complete and/or begin I need to get these made in the near future.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Badass! I love it @ifish

1 Like

Haven’t done it myself…soon.

6 Likes

Awesome @Qtip