Male Pollen Price 2000.00

Would you buy male pollen and after looking at these prices…are there any others selling male pollen. I personally think its a great business idea. Perhaps the seed banks should consider it. If i had the space and resources I’d be all over it! What do you guys think? Those hermies (feminized) seeds really fk shit up sometimes. Little bit of stress and bang you got useless seeds. Guess you could throw they out on the side of the road somewhere…hehe

https://www.kindpollen.com/?blog_post=cannabis-pollen-bank-2

also this guy…imagine getting pollen from one of your fav males. Every crop your improving the genetics…cool

4 Likes

Interesting idea, I always wondered if it would be possible. I think it’s tricky though because it’s more temperature sensitive than seeds, but I don’t know for sure…

As far as the feminized seeds herm issue, I just don’t get that… I hear people say it, but I’ve grown probably 100+ fems and only had 1 plant throw nanners because I was stressing the shit out of it with COBs right above it’s head.

4 Likes

I’ve never (knocks on wood) had a feminized seed go hermie, I top, lst, mainline you name it I have fun.

I also treat auto’s like a photo, again, no issues

Let me know your seed bank so I can avoid :wink:

4 Likes

This brings up the question:
How much should one “pack” of pollen cost, and how much pollen should one pack contain

2 Likes

I personally like the idea…there are some crosses I’d love to make. JOTI has some stellar plants and I’d love to get pollen to cross also Malawi I’d love some pollen from a male and I’m sure you guys have some crosses you dream about. 2000 grand a gram…thou wtf and not even good stains IMHO Sounds like a good business idea thou. Purple cow…

2 Likes

Enough because a little goes a long way

Don’t spend 2K on pollen. Go find a seed line that make exceptional females, and then pick a male or two.

9 Likes

My personal opinion on this is simple. Unless the source is well known and trusted you do not know what you are getting. When it comes to breeding selection of specimens is paramount. Pollen is yellow dust and I ,personally, would never buy pollen and risk a project on anyone’s word other than a very trusted and elite group of breeders and preservationists. Even then my thoughts are would you risk your own elite stock to some ones word. It can take months and in most cases years to select breeding stock.
No offense but just my thoughts.
Cheers

11 Likes

In nature, one gram of cannabis pollen in the wind is good for around 20K + plants, give or take. There is a lot of pollen in a gram… but it’s only worth it to those who need that certain male for their project.
I still wouldn’t pay two grand for a gram of pollen.

Pollen isn’t viable for long periods of time unless it is kept in a dark and cold place.

7 Likes

seeds last longer than pollen, afaik.

who would pay 2k for a male plant(or any plant)? depending on time & place, somebody. in weed-legal areas though, it’s next to worthless, imo. of course people will pay silly prices for stupid purchases, people being people. :smile:

presuming it’s something ultra-rare, then maaaaaaybe(?), but still. seems like fishing for suckers to me.

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

The best things in life are free

10 Likes

I wouldn’t pay 2k for pollen. That’s absurd. A cut of a good male is way more valuable. I wouldn’t pay 2k for a cut. I wouldn’t pay 200 for pollen. I wouldn’t $5 for someone’s unstable polyhybrid pollen. And I sure as hell wouldn’t give a dime to any website that sends me through 1000 redirects when I click on something.

17 Likes

A cut now that’s a good idea rather than pollen and i have a good ad blocker and a VPN when needed…

1 Like

I agree with everyone else, male clones are way better than pollen for a brdeder. In my experience, pollen doesn’t last too long once collected. What kind of shipping would be required? Is it refrigerated, is it fresh, is it viable?

8 Likes