Man-bot’s Mixed Bag - Black Dak, GF x BB, G13HP & NL x C99

Well - the last crop is hanging to dry and I have got replacements going in the tent to try and finish up before summer:

Back row: Black Dak from @lefthandseeds - feminized
second row: Grapefruit x Blueberry - feminized
Third row: G13HP - NDNguy - regular
Front row: NL (Sensi) x C99 - regular

The Black Dak and GF x BB are about 2 weeks old, the rest are 1 week old

The idea here was to really do a sensi run, but then I thought I’d stuff 2 more females in on the right hand side, this why I popped 4 reg seeds… I’m sure I won’t be able to resist and will dust some male pollen in there.

It’s a real bag, but I wanted to get a crop in before the summer (I usually don’t grow indoors over then - or just do S1 projects).

The GF x BB and NL x C99 are seeds I made so really looking forward to seeing what come out of those as well.

The Black Dak is going to be killer - I know that! The G13HP will be awesome to see first hand.

So lots of variety - let’s see where it goes!

Per how I normally do it I’ll pop up an update once a week.

I also forget to add my setup. I grow small :), so I use a 2 x 3 tent with a 250 HPS for flower and a 250 MH during veg. Will probably use square fabric pots (5 gal each) with living soil (all organic, basically water only). Let’s go!

14 Likes

So curious about this one. My garage is full of Jungle Spice right now with a 88g13HP parent. I am planning an all g13hp88 line run soon.

Will be watching the Black Dak too, with interest.

6 Likes

Ya the 88G13HP should be cool! Only 2 seeds but wanted to run it, supposed to be an IBL so should be somewhat representative.

All the Bodhi varietals using his 88G13HP male seem to be winners.

The BlackDak should be great - looking for that black pepper!

I’ve been watching your Jungle Spice grow - I have to run my seeds soon. It looks incredible!

5 Likes

Sunday Update:

All progressing well.

Plants at the top are Black Dak, one is a bit slower than the other, both both are coming along well.

2nd from the top are the feminized GF x BB. These have had good vigour, both seem very similar… they want nitrogen more than the others.

3rd row are the G13HP… coming along too. Fatter leaves (as expected).

Last (bottom) are the NL x C99. They are a week behind the other so still just young… interested to see where these go

9 Likes

Ok - missed a week but finally got things moving a bit.

Had a case of thrips - I knew it was a possibility as my buddy who was growing the NL had them. Thought I had them in control but I noticed the seedlings we’re getting Eaten, so I hit them with a pyrethrin spray (Spinosad is not available in Ontario). Went a bit heavy though and torched the plants. They have all bounced back though.

I imagine I’ll have to spray again in a week to try and get any eggs that have matured.

On the left at 2 of the Grapefruit x Blueberry S1s - these things are identical so far… they could basically be clones of the same plant.

The 2 on the right of the screen are the Feminized Black Daks. The back one is ripping, the front one has been a bit runty - and the pyrethrin did not help - but they’re back on track:

I have 2 seedlings each of the G13HP and NL x C99 (G13HP are the top 2 - ignore the big plant at the very top that’s a Purple Romulan I’m reverting) Just waiting for them to show sex and then I’ll place them in larger fabric pots:

The branching on of of the G13HP is amazing… pretty sure it will be a male as it has grown pretty tall.

Will update next week… figure it’ll be 3-4 weeks to fill out the screen on the scrog before I flip to flower.

5 Likes

Would love to see and hear more detail. I haven’t seen a young one. I assume the branching is atypical?

1 Like

For a 6-7” seedling it already is taking on a candelabra style look… most seedlings I’ve had are just the main stem, maybe showing some side branches.

I’ll snap a pic of it and upload for you to see

2 Likes

This is exciting. Can’t wait to see those BD hit the scrog net and start pumping buds. They run a bit tall, so it’s a good strain for it.

3 Likes

Here is a better shot of the G13HP plant I’m digging:

I just thought it Had good bushy branching structure. The main stem is starting to take off from the rest of it.

I typically prefer to grow small bushes - so branching I like.

Please ignore that the bottom of the plant has been beat to shit - the spray really did a number on them.

4 Likes

Brings this young JS to mind.

6 Likes

I could see that :slight_smile: squat and branchy

1 Like

Sunday update. All moving along well - figure the scrog will take about 2 weeks to fill out.

Got a bit too aggressive and snapped one of the heads off 1 of the GF x BB - but not an issue as the lower branches are coming up quick.

GF x BB on Left - Black Dak on right:

I need to get a minute to look closer but I think both of the G13HP I started are male - bummer but that just means I get to make some crosses :). I’ll know in the next week or so - but the “perf lowers” have that non-female look at the moment.

Was able to get a Chem D clone - so that may take its place. Will be a good measuring stick to see how my gear measures up to a known clone.

G13HP - loving the right hand one!

NL x C99 (what I’m calling Merl’s Miracle :slight_smile: after my pal:

Structure seems to follow the C99 dad.

11 Likes

Hell yeah brother! This is pretty exciting from here ! Nice grab on the D ! Appreciate the pix of the hashplant! I can see those leaves on two of my Dank Sinatras! And they are similar on both of yours ! Yeah that such precious info brother! I’m definitely going to chase those leaves ! Haha ! Hope you are having a great day !
Peace and love brother !
Much respect!
PS,hope to see some NL x GK’s that you sent ! Should be breaking the soil today !

2 Likes

Ok - mid week update! I was away for a few days so I’m behind. Have to love the blumats - whether I’m here or not the plants get taken care of.

SCRoG is looking ready to flip:

The one Black Dak on the lower right is still a bit behind, but if I don’t flip soon it will be overrun by the rest.

G13HP:

I had to cut the top on the right hand one before I Went away so it didn’t grow into the light. It was my fav but man the internodes have stretched a lot so left may be the one. Both are showing preflowers that look more like males so it will just be a pollination here. Both stinky too!

Merl’s Miracle:

This one is more just fun for me :slight_smile: - to me they look more C99 dominant but it’s been a while since I grew either parent out. I believe the one on the right is male and the left hand one hasn’t shown sex… so we’ll see.

I would be shocked if I went 4 for 4 on males!

Likely will end up running the MM and a Chem D to fill out the tent.

6 Likes

Quick update - scrog has filled out nice and I have flipped to flower:

As expected both G13HP are male and one c99 x NL was male so they’ve been moved to another area.

9 Likes

Sunday update - same ol :slight_smile:

Flipped to flower about 10 days ago. Stuff just growing and stretching. Not much flower production yet… probably another week before they really get going.

I keep tucking things in where I can. Not the perfect SCRoG but everything will be pretty level.

The C99 x NL is really moving - here she is in the back with Chem D in the front.

I’ll probably hit the Chem d and Black Dak with the G13HP pollen. Will sprinkle the NL x C99 on the same mom and maybe the GF x BB (probably).

Either a good few weeks before anything exciting really starts happening.

11 Likes

Still just cruising along here - things stretching quite a bit but taking shape. Hoping they don’t stretch too much more. I have about another 12” I can accommodate but it should be fine.

Filling out nicely (pardon the pic w/ HPS on):

The GF x BB hasnt really started to throw flowers - hoping that doesn’t become an issue… it’s only been 2 weeks of the flowering cycle so I’m not concerned but the mother these came from popped into flower really quick where these aren’t.

The Black Dak is doing great - looks like it will turn out well. What was the runt has caught up nicely.

NL x C99 doing well, Chem D in front - it won’t give me much but it’s really just a test. I’ll reveg it.

Both of these are starting to produce flowers nicely.

(My only G13HP male is off to the side for the time being there).

8 Likes

A quick pic to compare the 2 Black Dak phenos I’ve got going:

Red petioles, thin dark leaves on one and lighter, much wider leaves on the other with no petiole coloration.

10 Likes

@lefthandseeds - any idea if either of these leaf styles are more representative of either the Black Domina or Dakini Kush?

3 Likes

Yeah, likely the narrow leaf one will be a Dakini (Bubba) leaner, and the fatter one is probably from the domina side.

4 Likes