Albannach - Satori Grow

Hi all, my old thread was cluttered with diy lights etc and getting long so i thought i’d start this one to cover the bloom stage of whats left of my grow. I originally started 5 purple badlands, 3 came up but all 3 turned out to be male :sob: Of the 5 Satori i started 2 males have been chopped. I now have 2 showing pistils and 1 is still to decide what it wants to be. My old thread has the veg stage of this grow near the end Albannachs LED conversion

Edit - Forgot to say i’m now using canna coco nutes on these plants and they are growing in canna coco pro plus.

14 Likes

The last of the Satori males, i hope :pray:

The surviving 3 are getting big but i still hope the smaller bush at the front is a female too cos this is already my worst ratio ever…

19 Likes

25 Likes

Had to turn my rig down to 300W yesterday, it reached 31.5C (88.7F) again here today, i have a humidifier on full to help them cope with the heat :thumbsup:

8 Likes

Nice!

Looks good.

Fresh start is a good idea every now and again.

6 Likes

Great looking plants @Albannach just recently flipped then?

5 Likes

Cheers pal i totally agree :thumbsup:

4 Likes

Thanks mate they got switched a week or so ago and i have been culling males for 2 days now. The worst part of growing regs, i hate killing healthy plants i have been nurturing for weeks.

7 Likes

I here ya have at least one male In my back yard I might take a clone of and try to collect pollen to glaze some branches of the ladies my first attempt at it this go around!

5 Likes

If they are quite stable why not eh, you can sometimes find some stunning plants but it’s pot luck lol. I thought about it but i don’t have anywhere at this place to keep a male alive long enough. I will take a few cuttings tomorrow though and still have 5 Satori beans left so it’ll be back :thumbsup:

5 Likes

Yah there be a bit of a lurning curve for me for sure I just wished the males would coincide with the females a bit better I have no idea how long a male can throw pollen will find out though !

2 Likes

Males can chuck viable pollen about from when the first flowers open right up till the plant starts dying off. You might want to wait till the male is well hung before letting him get it on with your gals :grin:

6 Likes

Good to know! Thanks for the tip!

3 Likes

Well Ive wanted to grow some of Mandalas stuff for a while, This has promted me to look at seeds again
The plants look great, which Im sure is in no small part due to you, but Im sure the genetics are good too.
I like that they pick “happy” genetics and are more interested in effect of high rather than THC content.
Would like to see a smoke report.

5 Likes

I like the write ups/interviews i’ve seen and their site is a wealth of grow info. Got fruitylicious, far out and hubble bubble (3 pack fem to try) and mandala 1, 8 miles high, ganesh and satori (reg) beans in the fridge.

I grew a far out fem last round and to be honest i was not impressed with the taste/flavour but it got big fast and was quite potent. Anyway there’s a good chance you’ll see more of mandalas offerings at some point :grin: One thing i did notice again is the increased vigour claims have so far been spot on. These genetics grow like nothing i’ve seen before, they will quickly overtake virtually anything else you start alongside them.

9 Likes

I was thinking about my recent poor female/male ratio and i remembered reading something about sex being influenced by light colour. I looked it up, seems more red produces more males. More blue produces more females, apparently.
I have 10 solstrips in my twin rig, 2 of which are red/blue (x1) strips which have a small handful of blue and a whole load of red led’s. I’m now thinking i may have too much red light to promote female expression. Thinking back didn’t @anon58740919 only get one female last time around when he was using the red/blue strips? Cant remember the ratio he got though.
Adjustments might have to be made but it’s easy to swap strips about :thumbsup:

4 Likes

maan i remember running the satori back 09 came out great

5 Likes

According to Phylos sex expression is set in stone no later than a few days after germination. All our old tricks to help sway statistics one way or the other are apparently moot.

4 Likes

I’ve read similar to you @Albannach but I read a lot about higher germ temps causing male expression. I reckon it’s 6 of 1 half a dozen of the other bullshit and you got predominantly male expressing beans. (I sent you the fat ones) maybe fat beans are male expressing? Not trying to sound a dick there those are genuine upward inflections at the end of each sentence brother

5 Likes

Very instereting your coments bout if&how external enviromental can affect to sex expresion…
Example: same people said me than inna little pots it is easier to have more males (triyin to explain that my nice females/males ratios is cos I grow directly in mother land)…
Others sais that if ya grow with less than 3-4 hours of dayly Sun (or poor indoor lights) ya will have more males…
I dont know if its truth or even not if it have a scientist base…

3 Likes