Manifolding Attempt

Been growing several years now and would like to try manifolding to increase yield. Have a variety of strains lined up for next grow. Would like advice on trying manifolding. For starters can this be done with Autos? When manifolding, how many colas are you working for? 4,8,16. May get a start on my indoor grow, will help get through the winter.
Thanks for any advice

4 Likes

i don’t think autos would like it, they are barely untouchable, check this thread, you will find great info … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

There’s a manifold attempt going on in the 16oz cup content here. I also did a mainline/manifold in my own journal.

Usually the standard is 8 mains/cola’s. I’m currently doing a 4 main version right now but did 8 mains in DWC for my journal here when I joined up. Can go to 16 mains but I think you hit diminishing returns that way. 8 seemed like the best mix of getting solid results without spending a TON of time in veg.

I would not mainline or do any high stress action on auto’s. Any extra stress can cause them to flower immediately. Would be something you could experiment with if you know your strain, but yeah wouldn’t do it on a fresh one you’ve never ran before.

Mainline/Manifold tends to extend veg a good 20 days or so assuming good solid growth the whole time, you don’t have this time with auto’s as they tend to flower as soon as they mature which is usually at ~30 days. I would only mainline/manifold photos for the start.
ymmv though ^^

5 Likes

@GreedyFly , think you would like this for a good read…Check SmknCanucks thread “Auto Training 101”

8 Likes

Think he has 32 colas on one of his autoflower Northern Lights all from Low Stress Training, which doesn’t stunt or overly stress the auto plant…

5 Likes

well for autos, easiest is just to leaf tuck and flop the main top over mid stretch, so easy to get 10-12+ tops in minimal effort, to the original question of mainlining autos yes you could just better off not doing so.

6 Likes

Will be manifolding a girlscout cookie and a blue cookie

3 Likes

Way to go good luck with that

1 Like

You would be correct.the big girl has 32 and her sister 20…With autos i like to LST with leaf tucking and selective pruning on the lower half.i expect to hit between 2 to 3 grams per watt.They are under 2 burple 100w Led .They have about 3 or 4 weeks to go still.
Here is a cola shot with a 1L spray bottle for a reference

8 Likes

Thanks for all the good info. Want to try manifolding, wasn’t sure about autos figuring in their limited veg time. Have only a few Auto seeds, my first Auto grow, so I’ll try on Photos as a test. 4 colas is what I’ll shoot for first time through. Would love to get bigger yield than my historically modest (but quality) results. Can’t start tent for flowering til abt March 1st. Too cold in the garage. Looking forward to popping seeds now though.
Thanks again members.

4 Likes