Maple leaf indica, grow diary and more

Been slacking on getting this started for maple leaf indica . This is the first plant i have going and I will be dropping more seeds to hopefully produce seeds to share . I believe it was @zephyr i got the seeds from . Anyway I have a seed preservation run going that comes first . Then maple leaf following so I’m hoping I can time it just right .

29 Likes

Awesome! That’s really cool to hear you started the maple leaf. I’m excited to see this selection expanded, and looking forward to the eventual co-op run.

Just let me know if you need any more seeds for your project. Feel free to make selections, I’m interested to see what direction you will take the line in.

I’ll post some photos of the sinsemilla maple leaf bud here.

It ended up being pretty strong with a heavy “stoney” type effect. It seems very medicinal for migraines and other headaches.

The high is kind of typical for a dutch afghan, it feels very familiar like a lot of indica ‘drug strain’ type bud that was sold in the black market.

supposedly this is a pure afghani, I don’t notice anything that smells or feels like skunk.

I got this line based on the recommendation of a few long term medical growers who bought packs of sensi maple leaf every year since the late 90s for their medical grows. They said it was very consistent and it still seemed the same as it did in the late 90s.

I think this is a good representation of what we think of as classic dutch afghani, which for a long time was the only kind of afghani you could get. It’s not like a landrace afghani, or the actual 70s adn 80s afghani heirlooms that still exist on the west coast.

13 Likes

@zephyr i will check and see how many I have left. Whatever I have ill be dropping, so we will see what germinates this round .

4 Likes

Very cool, MLI is one I’ve wanted to add to the library for a while. Looking for those sweet terps in a strong Afghani without the fruit or sour smell. I know Sensi still sells them but yeah, who even knows with their gear anymore. I think I remember reading something along the lines that MLI is their only strain that hasn’t been screwed sideways. I guess the dude who supplies their MLI beans has kept his original line true up til today.

9 Likes

Funny… I just took this pic yesterday. Because my Maple’s leaves shadows were reminding me of fat Indica leaves. (Its a blood maple, on the other side of a patio umbrella).

Be following this for sure…

7 Likes

I grew maple leaf last grow. It was a single cola and a few lowers. Tastes like pancakes with syrup. Gives you the munchies!

22 Likes

Sensi ML is 3/4 maple leaf Afghani and 1/4 sk.

5 Likes

Whaaa :astonished:! Now I need that in my rotation!

7 Likes

Was going to ask for more info on this strain but you explained it beautifully. Best of luck with the run @Donnie !

2 Likes

Ya man… That sounds delicious.

ooo growing that now, seedling is a coupla weeks old

2 Likes

9 Likes

What breeder did you get these from ?

I also am going to start these as soon as I can. Again I thank you @zephyr for sending me some. I can not wait to get things started. Im also going to try and make more beans for you to pass around if you wish. I will be sure to keep you updated brother.
:v: :blush: :latin_cross: :heart:

3 Likes

@Donnie Definitely gonna be watching your grow brother. Sending good vibes your way.
:seedling::herb::evergreen_tree::green_heart:

2 Likes

I appreciate it , definitely need them they’ll help me time this just right where I can harvest everything about the same time with my preservation run

2 Likes

I got the beans from @CoastalMarySeeds. They’re fems

4 Likes

Hoping for a few more females and couple males to choose from

1 Like

5 Likes

Did you save a cut of the pancake and syrup?! Might have to look into those…

4 Likes

Seamonkey asking all the right questions…

2 Likes