Live Chat with Mars Hydro Employee

Hi, growers We just opened a new thread about Mars Hydro GIVEAWAY, let’s have a look at the product we are going to send
:revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Yes I know mehzi and mars are different companies. I use both but the mehzi gets used more.
This is no bad reflection on mars as my set up was build and improve as I go.
I like the idea of more white light and heat sinks.
One of the biggest drawbacks for me is the purple light the mehzi is purple too but not as much.
I want to eventually ditch all purple lights, I’m sick of turning on my CFL to take photos.
Now it’s not down to anyone but me I had a security problem that causes me to work in my tent zipped up.
So when I take photos I have switch the led’s off and take photos with the CFL.
Like I said not down to yours or other companie, but it causes me problems if I’m tired cause last grow I turn the led’s back on so I can see again then try to manoeuvre myself out of tent without hitting my head on these big chunks of metal (damn I’ve had bumps the size of golf balls). Then after navigating this mine field I don’t realise the CFL is still plugged in.
I would have same problem with Hp’s but would not leave CFL on as much easier to just unzip and get out of tent.
But I want to rid myself of this problem as the CFL got left on twice last grow.
This didn’t ruin my crop completely as I don’t usually sell my product but it causes a slight hermie problem.
Now the other night it happened again I may have to pass this crop on as am planning on buying a plane ticket. That will require no fuck ups I’m kicking myself self now. I feel like throwing all my led’s in the bin, going down my local growshop which is ten minutes walk spending £80 on a simple Hps and starting again!
But I have about £850 worth of led’s these are supposed to last about 10 years.
What do I do?
I would quite happily trade in my current leds for your new style lights and throw you cash but that’s not going to happen.
So what do I do?
What I do is go back in tent check for bananas and hope that I haven’t stressed my plants into intersex.
Then make my decision on end product.
But I’m pretty sure If I’ve had a problem again im going to cut losses it just doesn’t make sense to chuck a monkey (£500) at replacing my system and have all these retired leds hanging about my mars 2 400w only got used for about 70 days ( I prefer it to the 192 I use but would have to have 2 for coverage. That’s why I retired it for the 1200 mehzi which cost me £50 less than the 192 with about a third more watts and more desirable spectrum for the plants I grow.
I’m on a budget what I do know is I’ve got a fair amount of money tied up in usable equipment, I’m going to have to get one last shift in if my holiday is going to be possible.
So unless you want to trade a mars 2, a mars 300w 5w diodes not the 3w that was quite sought after, and a 192 reflector for a light that will fill half of a 5 meter tent im out.
I can’t afford to retire the mehzi at moment unless I can totally replace all my lights. On my budget that’s not a possibility this year.
What do I do sell my existing lights on e-bay? Blaggers paradise I might as well just let the local gangsters know were I am so they can come and get a key.
I would try your new lights but I’m not shelling out loads more cash to save money over years when new products replace them regularly.
On another note your lights work well it’s just the headaches they cause. I made an investment to the future but the inflexibility of having a bit of kit that lasts for many years means you have to choose wisely to ovoid the technology becoming obsolete before you you get your money’s worth.
Good luck deciphering my speech but that’s why I suggested an ambassador for your western transactions. But that can cause problems within itself because I can guarantee some of the Americans won’t get my lingo.
So I’m not putting myself up for that job.
I wish you good luck and success on your endeavours. And if it helps I was born on the 8th day of the eighth month which is a very lucky number in Chinese culture.
The current trade war will set you back with some of the Americans but I believe every one should be judged on there merits not lumped into a group.
So I wish good luck and prosperity

1 Like

Heh. Well if you do decide to go the HPS route give me a shout I’ve plenty of old gear I’d hook you up with a better deal than your local seen as you’re talking £’s n pence.

We all feel your pain tho bro it’s confusing there’s nothing wrong with any light it’s just about understanding the true watts and being realistic over area size like right now I’m in a space a little less than 2x3ft and I’m using approx 250w of COB LED so that’s massive overkill for the area size but means I’ll get good yields long as long as I do my job right.

Nice to have another English dude here too so welcome to OG @Funkjunky

2 Likes

Kool Looks like a Quantum unit only longer panels

2 Likes

Entirely my sentiments I went for overkill rather than underkill. 3 to 4 months work is something that will zap morale if you don’t get the returns. Where in uk you at @Explorer. I’ve about seven weeks to make adjustments but with the temperature dropping im getting worried about the discrepancy on temperatures lights on and lights off.
My house is bare minimum made for the miners I think.
I’m on a tight budget last winter run I done I solved the problem by running autos. There ok but lack quality.
I had two choices buy a growroom heater or water bed heater. Budget made me go for water bed heater.
After not being able to understand the German instructions trial and error dictates that I need at least one a plant. Trial and error also also dictates I put it between two bits of cellotex, the big hole in my living room carpet reminds me of this daily.
Might struggle through as grow room heater that has correct thermostat requirements might be next spend.
I’m interested in there new lights but my reasons for changing to led were running my extraction at lower temperatures.
I run a hyperfan stealth love it.
Don’t cost fuck all to run although had leak on silencer the glue sealing it got compromised. Heat proof tape has patched problems for now.
I think led will be my future but would not rule out Hps till the kinks are ironed out.
I missed out lately as my neighbour does a bit of work dismantling local commercial grows he had a load of spider x sold em all for forty quid. Didn’t know what he had till he sold out

1 Like

1 Like

That wasn’t the question

I was referring to the Integrated circuits on the front of the board face of the SP150, specifically the included resistors, capacitors and IC chips that i see in pictures.

But honestly doesn’t matter, as its not like one is gonna remove the encapsulation “your waterproofing layer” to fix the stuff if it does go wrong, your warranty aside im just coming from a planned obsolescence / waste generation aspect side of things, and most would just get a new light anyways, but it was question to @Northern_Loki , but i confused the sp250 for the 150 as previously stated.

Thats is all.

4 Likes

Im not trying to throw shade or anything, but honest “observer” of your product pictures, advice you should also use non electrical taped pictures for your product shots, aka like this ts1000, cause i presume it doesn’t come that way, or i hope, but the picture makes it look chintzy.

9 Likes

That’s interesting, I hadn’t noticed that the SP150 and SP250 had such differences. I’m now wondering why. Both utilize Meanwell supplies?

Good observation. Conformally coated PWBs are not friendly towards DIY repairs.

5 Likes

yeah there definitely not easy to repair plus depending on what the board is made of, say aluminum your gonna have to put that in a oven to get it up to temp where you could work on it with a hot air reflow gun or the likes.

But yeah i just saw the above so was scratching my head at why the included extra chips, i presume its for voltage/current limiting for possibly the red channel, or something along those lines, but is odd the sp150 has them but not the 250

3 Likes

Hi, Stiggy Mars TS and SP a re all quantum boards design, but TS have 2 kinds of shape, one is square, other is rectangle. :wink: :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, Mr.Sparkle You are so worried that if the IC is broken, the repair may will destroy the waterproof layer on surface, right ? if the IC on the boards is broken, it leads to change the light boards. But, don’t worry about it, it is generally not so easy to break. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If this happens, This repair is generally fixed by us instead of customers themselves, and waterproof will be repainted if it is destroyed during repair process. Please don’t worry :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Mars Hydro TS-1000 LED Unboxing - Wattage & PAR Testing Review

2 Likes

Can you stop calling these quantum board design?. That’s very misleading to newer users … Your boards are a smd design , yes maybe like quantum boards But for you to call them quantum design is bad … Maybe I start selling TP or TS design and see how you feel about misleading marketing and using other people’s terminology I see not much changes at Mars … How do we trust you when you blatantly lie , how am I to trust your specifications ??? Tbh I’m done here , shocking this is allowed

11 Likes

The 1000 in the products name is also done/intended to mislead people.

9 Likes

I believe that Pumpkin = Sara on other forums, but IDK for sure., since the communication seems a bit better.

In any case…Epistar diodes are NOT an upgrade…and no where could one locate an identifier (like SK bin) for the Mars lights with Samsung chips.

4 Likes

Hi,Arthur-Mix Mars TS and SP are quantum boards design All specific details on our website is been approved, when you use, you will know :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

What is quantum boards ? ? ?

****Quantum boards is a kind of LED grow light, which is a large circuit board that has hundreds of mid-power LEDs mounted to it. The LEDs are connected together in series to form strings, and these strings are then combined in parallel configurations to make them compatible with common high-powered constant current drivers like Mars TS and Mars SP.

What does Surface-Mount Device (SMD) mean ? ?

It is a surface-mount technology. A surface-mount device (SMD) is an electronic device whose components are placed or mounted onto the surface of the printed circuit board (PCB).

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

2 Likes

Mars TS1000 is just a name, all specific info are listed on our website, it’s public, sharing some understanding will be much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, Buzzer777 Pumpkin ≠ Sara on other forums :grin:

The old SMD chips we used has lens, it’s easier to be burnt. Then we upgraded it into this one without lens.

If we use Samsung chips, the price will be much higher than present. :grin:

1 Like