Live Chat with Mars Hydro Employee

Most of the folks here know EXACTLY what a Quantum board is…The use of HLG and Quantum in this context is meant to confuse the unknowing, and is very obvious to those that know.

Like saying something replaces a “…” HPS in order to sell more product. (as in Burple). This has lead to a general distrust of the LED market…which is a pity, since many LEDs are great for growing.

I have seen some manufactures that sell their wares on Ebay specifically say " NOT HLG QUANTUM" to avoid confusion. Yes…The old saying applies…“let the buyer beware”.

Since Mars maintains a presence in the USA…maybe a small R&D dept would do them well, since Cali is quite legal…unlike China where Mars is based.

5 Likes

Thank you very much for your advice, my team and i will be more attention our public description on our products.

Thank you very much for your advice, my team and i will be more attention our public description on our products. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, all growers and engineers

This is a live thread to talk about Mars Hydro related stuff, if you have any question on us, don’t hesitate to chat here or PM me. :slight_smile:

:four_leaf_clover:Today, I am gonna introduce another size of Mars TS, it’s TSL2000 with rectangle shape。

Actual power: 310w
Core coverage: 2ft * 4ft
Max coverage.3ft * 5ft

Here is an unboxing video for you guys, check it out ! ! !

IF I were ever to purchase one of those…I would want it to have the B driver for better/easier control of dimming. I find myself using the dimmers on what I purchased often, and am glad the supplier used the B driver for a couple of bucks more. I also own one light with the A dimmer and rarely use it. It is NOT precise and a PIA to use, so I have to raise and lower the lights themselves to do what a dimmer should do.(RETAIL USA cost is about $10 or less additional over the A model + the 100k pot…maybe $1)

Not sure I would go for a 2 driver model in that small sized light though.

2 Likes

Dang I guess I will just have to lurk…

2 Likes

Hi, guys, Mars Hydro Cree COB has a special offer now ! Buy one COB get one COB free.

If you love COB light, it’s the right time to enter this activity. Order from here !
Use code “overgrow” can save you more.

Grow on earth, grow with Mars Hydro, happy purchasing ! !

Hi, guys, there are 4 shapes for Mars TS series, now TS 3000 is available on the website. Click here to find more :blush:

Don’t forget code “overgrow” can save you more :yum:

1 Like

Might just be me but it if you have a warehouse in Canada ? ships from Canada you select pay in Canadian ?

Why am I charged US currency when it comes time to pay ? Yes the conversation is done to compensate , why not accept Canadian currency banks here in Canada charge us to convert currency to US to send you as well so add a couple 3 dollars to the cost of you wanting US money !

Not only that Canadian currency is worth less money than US it looks like we’re getting screwed in both holes!

It’s all good till the rate changes !

2 Likes

Top left corner pulldown, select Canadian currency…

Yes but fine print your charged US currency throw some thing in a cart then check out fine print says you’ll be charged in US currency

1 Like

That’s a definite not going to happen then…

Grand Total CA$636.99
Your credit card will be charged for US$454.99

Although current exchange, it is actually a deal…

455 United States Dollar equals
603.00 Canadian Dollar

2 Likes

So much for the overgrow discount that just covered the shipping !

Can the fine print get any smaller lol

That’s today’s deal then dam maybe I better shut up didn’t do the conversion !

Can a mod maybe move these corresponding messages to the mars chat post might be better suited there!

4 Likes

Maybe @Zoey can explain why all currency has to be converted to United States currency ? Each selection gets switched to US dollars in the end!

Shiskaberry, thanks for asking and patient waiting, at present, we only support an us dollars checkout, the reason why there is an extra 3usd for Canada customers, it’s because of all the cost, like shipping fee and labor fee will be higher, thanks for your kind understanding :slight_smile: Happy purchasing !

1 Like

What’s up my overgrow growers! I am bring a good news!

Mars Hydro are now offering our COB led grow lights “Buy ONE Get ONE FREE” promotion! Last around 1 week, if we sold out earlier, it might ends sooner. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

Yes, you are right, not buy one light, send one pair of yoyo or a pair of glasses, but buy one COB light, you get two COB light, that means, spend the same amont of money, you get two lights. If you don’t need that much light, get a friend to buy together, and you will just pay around 120USD for each light. :hippy::hippy: Nothing like this before, and might not happen in future. :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:
If you DIY the light, what might cost ? ?
A Cree CXB 3590, around 50USD/pc
Meanwell driver: around 30USD/pc
Heatsink: around 30USD/pc
The suppliment Cree and Osram chips: 20USD total
Shipping: 20~30USD total if within your country
Only these, you will need to pay at least around 150~160USD in total

Plus: no ETL certificate, no complete design and some other small components, and handling fees.Because Mars hydro also are losing money to do this promotion, just to make our support growers happy. :smiley:

So let’s see how is the Mars Hydro COB led grow light looks like? :green_heart:

• High Effficiency Cree COB CXB 3590 chip + Cree and Osram red and blue = Give out more light with less energy cost, longer lifespan

-Hanging angle adjustable as well, you can hang the light based on your growing need.

With such a great design and price, what are you still waiting for? Qauntity limited, please don’t hesitate to order now!
:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Hey, all growers Have you DIY COB before ? If so, could you pls share your experience here ? ? Thank you very much for your sharing in advance ! :relaxed:
@Northern_Loki @GrapeApe @Mr.Sparkle

Today’s indoor show !

4 Likes

My first set of cobs were DIY…cree cxb3590’s 24v ran at 1400 ma if I remember correctly. Used air cooled heatsinks and all this. Was a fun project, but because I am not a gifted person when it comes to…well…much…the end result was pretty gnarly. Worked well…did its job…but what an eyesore. Was happy to sell them (pretty much at cost minus labor) and just buy a pre-made unit.
Some people call me lazy…I’d say I’m busy…but admit I am the master of procrastination and task avoidance.

1 Like

My first DIY LED was a four COB Cree CXB3590 powered by a Meanwell HLG-240H-C1750-B

Here is a link to the build.

2 Likes

Your build beats the ish out of mine…and I didnt have to tap anything or barely solder…lol.

2 Likes