Mason jar live resin!

So this year I want to make a lot of live resin! Lately I’ve only been using A Rosin press but live rosin doesn’t sound like i will yield much! Anyone ever use a mason jar/ dry ice to soak live bud? I’ve seen someone do it with dry trim. You just poke 2 Holes in the lid one big enough four the butane and one small one to let pressure escape! Idk mabey I’ll just spend the money on a closed loop if I find a good deal!

3 Likes

dry ice and butane? not familiar , a chance to learn something here, know about dry ice sift.

3 Likes

Yeah I haven’t heard of that either. I have made hash with dry ice and used butane for shatter/wax/oil but I don’t understand how they would work together

1 Like

Could you just layer it in one of the old school blasting tubes with a screen? The Mason Jar thing with smaller holes rather than the open ended tube sound dangerous to me with the added pressure from the dry ice. I don’t know whether CO2 or Butane would escape first, or if there is space enough in the jar for a dangerous amount of Butane to be worried about in the first place. Before you do anything I’d make sure the dry ice doesn’t break the glass jar?

I’ve heard of it being used, but I’m not sure how, or if it’s actually supposed to make contact with the flower etc or be external to it, like packed around a coil or tube.

Definitely curious about what you’re gonna do/how it works, but please do be safe!

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t understand using both at once…

I could see using butane for wax/shatter like you said, without any need for dry ice.

Or you can dry sift the flower/trim with dry ice and then press what you get out of that for rosin. Requiring exactly zero butane…

:thinking:

2 Likes

Dry ice would simply keep it really cold I would set the mason jar around it to keep the butane cold enough to soak the plant material! Just like some people do with the closed loop system!

2 Likes

I would just use the blasting tube like you’re talking about but I think that the yield would be shit! Correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

I also saw someone do live dry ice hash just the same process as regular dry ice hash. But then only half of it looks good enough to press!

1 Like

Ah ok, so you’re using the dry ice to keep the butane cold enough that it stays liquid, so theoretically could get everything in one extraction attempt :thinking: that could definitely work… would be worried about the glass breaking tho…

4 Likes

I’ve used dry ice with mason jars for qwet back in the day so I don’t think they will break! I Wish someone with Fresh material would try this! I think you could really just freeze it for 24 hours because I’ve seen someone do it without any cold

1 Like

If you use butane you will need a vac chamber, or you will always be smoking taine. Your better off just making dry ice hash or pressing the rosin. When it comes to using solvents it needs to be done right.

2 Likes

I have a vac chamber with heat control I’ve been playing with!

4 Likes

If ya have that just get a 60$ blast tube and away ya go. No need to mess around with mason jars and dry ice, sounds a little dangerous. All it would do is make the quality of the final product go down.
From what I understood is you wanted to use the dry ice to keep the butane a liquid, having more contact time with the bud. Butane is harsh as hell so all that would do is leach out all the nastys from the plant material. That’s why if you use more then 1 can per ounce it goes from a clear honey colour to having a green colour

2 Likes

I have blasting tubes what’s the yield like? Is live rosin similar in yield? Then again with dry ice I could soak the material for 10 mins and still get clear oil when I used everclear!!!

1 Like

3-4 grams an ounce. Live rosin is just using fresh plant materials before it’s dried so you can do the same with butane. Never made rosin, I was never interested in making low grade extracts I was always told how you won’t get that crystal clear product that way. Never made it so can’t say what kind of yield.
You must already have dry ice because you seam to want to use it awfully bad lol. I’m telling you it won’t do any good, dry ice is for hash. Soaking the butane will leach out all kind of shit from your plant material making the end product shit, wasting your time money and plants.

And are you making oil with alcohol? Shatter/wax/butter/oil with butane?
Or hash with dry ice?
I’m just getting a little confused with what you want to end up with lol

1 Like

Isn’t it liquid co2 that you would do a soak with? Not butane? I’m unexperienced with blasting and chemical extraction. I’ve done BHO a few times, but I didn’t have a vac chamber and making hash and coconut oil is easier lol

1 Like

No they have close loop systems for butane the guy that used to make my shatter had one! 4 g isn’t
Horrible is that from trim or bud. I plan on using bud

2 Likes

What yield do you get from live Rozen from flower to Rosin!4g a oz?

2 Likes

I don’t make rosin. I don’t want to give you a wrong answer lol

1 Like

Thant cool thanks for the help!

2 Likes