Maui Wowi outdoor northern BC

Not quite what I was expecting but the girls are doing fine. Chopped 3 of the tallest as they were makes but the remaining females have caught up in size.
It’s already freezing here and I blacked out the ladies in mid July. Still not finished so I put them in the shed to avoid frost and bud rot.
Guess I should have started the blackout at the end of June.
Fingers crossed. They are soooo close!!![

27 Likes

Welcome to OG @Blackknight !

4 Likes

Nice plants! Here’s wishing you 6 more weeks of growing weather!!! Haha!

Welcome to OG!

Grow4th!!!

4 Likes

Welcome to OG my fellow Northerner :canada: very nice ladies! looking forward to more and a bountiful harvest!

7 Likes

@Blackknight Your mom know your growing ganja in the back yard? You look a lil young to me…

:wink:

4 Likes

looks like someone knows how to make an entrance!

2 Likes

Your ladies are looking mighty tall and pretty! Congrats onnall the hard work up to this point and here’s to hoping you have no issues making it to harvest

2 Likes

That was in July.

1 Like

Doh. Usually I’m on the ball. They are forming crystals but verrry slow due to the cold weather.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

They have been flowering for 10 weeks. I’m hoping a week maybe.

2 Likes

Oh, K… if that was July you should be all set then!!! We need new, current photos as surely they are phatties by now!!!

2 Likes

Can I add new photos to that thread or do I have to make a new post?

1 Like

IMO… that’s a great first post! You can edit it or simply post new pics in your next post! Your thread, your way!

2 Likes

So here’s an idea I’ve been floating with myself, lol
The temps at night are close to freezing and about 12• in the peak of the day.
Growth seems slow duh but I will keep the ladies dry in the back shed. Got an LED with infrared and ultraviolet during the day. I open the door to get some natural light for the duration of the day.
Question is, can I expect that if I add a heat source, the resins will be stronger? I’m thinking of giving them a hot shot just before I cut them all down.
Do you think it will draw all the energy it can drum from the root bulb to the buds? Worth a shot?

Just uploaded new photos of them in the shed.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you. Good to be here.

1 Like

Very nice, and welcome to OG @Blackknight.

How “northern BC” are ya? Like PG or like Dease Lake north?

…I thought the summers were short in New England, our season typically runs through end of September - mid October (weather permitting), but still manageable…you must be far up north - what’s your latitude?
Seems too early to be cold? ehh?

I’m located in central British Columbia Canada :canada:

2 Likes