Maui Wowie : Cherrybomb

The twist of the abyss gazing back

2 Likes

On the search for the ’ lightning bolts ’ rather than the ’ fist shape ’ flowers: my selection based on the patterns in the veins of the Oaxacan; However, my experience is limited and it’s always still a guess in these stages -

You can see the vein reaches toward the tips of the leaf segments, above the indentations in a similar more aggressive looking fashion which is what caught my eye.

18 Likes

I will get some more pictures of different leaves for comparisons tomorrow. All of the other seedlings I am not journaling are still alive 4 observing. Some of the seeds did not sprout -

5 Likes

Wake up mamas.

You can see just how narrow these leaves on the Oaxacan are -

Praying for some Cherybomb lightning bolts, truly. If Zeus doesn’t strike down into the grow; but pinks do emerge - then perhaps 2 create a cross back 2 Oaxaca is in order.

16 Likes

Seeds that weren’t popping ; I do not toss rather scatter them in the soil outside. If any pop maybe that means something and we shall see what it is they want ! lol

The ones I didn’t choose 4 the journal I put in a little stacking container around one of my Bromeliad Pineapple suckers for added tropical effect. They are doing pretty well for minimal caring and surviving on their own. Only watered once when popped - other than cold wet weather and spraying down not much else ; if any trouble they will need to be buried otherwise we can observe them.

Hope u guys had a good week! Happy Friday -

9 Likes

Did u know there were miniature pineapples? Great house plants; said to purify the air.

It takes 24 months for them to bloom from a top - suckers take about 12-18 if I’m not mistaken. Longer than a sativa!

They set flowers before fruiting - I found my favorite color flower sets. Mine has Lavender flowers. I have only gotten fruit once and I harvested early. I should have used my loupe to check the trichs…

You can set them out to continue ripening once you remove them; otherwise they naturally fall to the ground because of ripeness or weather. Happy daze

22 Likes

Hi my friends - we are starting fresh;

Out of excitement I failed to see the pack I sprout was mixed with Shishkaberry. Although I am certain I can tell the differences; I replanted the seedling in the ground for observation & I started new with a pack I am sure 100% Maui.

Hope u all had a good week I will take pictures and get a better update in the morning. Peace!

4 Likes

A mystery seedling popped near the O-Hello berry seeds. If you recall I sprinkled the seedlings that didn’t sprout within the garden to see if anyone wanted to live. Not sure if Maui or Shishkaberry lol. So we take it and make mini organic cup to see what it has 2 offer… Not concerned with shock or such as this journal isn’t for speed

6 Likes

1 Like

A quick report on O-Hello Berries;

The smaller one showing intense reaction to the cold weathers. Outside u understand they are under 12/12 now for observing.

OHELLO #A

OHELLO #B

I am considering taking large one inside lol it’s very beautiful in person… What do u guys think should we move inside for further inspection?

10 Likes

Lastly here is final pics of my first two selections on Maui - that I am 98% sure they are Maui but I have transplanted them outside and started fresh seed from a pack I am 100% certain Maui. Sorry it’s a thing I have I am far from perfectionist but I want to be certain, you know?

Here they are before leaving their nice 1 Gallon Lava Homes. Strange because I think maybe all the volacnic amendment I didn’t correct my PH. You can see the start of something on first leaves. I will fix it shortly here for the next seed. Hope everyone has an awesome Friday!

12 Likes

Move Over People I’m Getting In! I’m sorry please excuse me for my rudeness. May I join you fine folks for this ride?

4 Likes

You are very welcome here my friend! Enjoying a morning spliff of some really heavy things; This made me laugh quite a bit just now as I pictured ur animated avatar knocking people out of the way like bowling pins. Thanks 4 that HAHA! Although I almost lost my espresso too! LOL!

8 Likes

On this mornings menu 4 spliffs:

Mai Tai:

" Mai Tai Cookies is a CBD-rich hybrid strain bred by Terraform Genetics, who crossed Alien Orange Cookies and ACDC. She took 1st place for “Best CBD Flower” at the 2016 High Times Cannabis Cup in Los Angeles. This hybrid is very frosty compared to most CBD strains and has a unique aroma of cherries and orange peels."

• always curious who spells some of the names for buds. lol
15 Likes

I like to catch people’s grows from the beginning. I like to follow along. Helps me curb the erg to fill my my house up with plants in different stages. If I had the money I probably would.

5 Likes

Well perfect because the Maui Run is starting fresh as of yesterday!

3 Likes

Looks great! I’m really looking forward to check out your talent.

2 Likes

Thank u my friend -

Hope you have a very nice Friday!

2 Likes

I keep looking at OHELLO Berry #B

If no one votes I’m going to take it inside at sun-down anyways…
perhaps run a separate log for it…

3 Likes

I have a question ; when I post photos from the phone do they show ?? I think they may be too large and you guys have to click them? If so let me know please would like to resize them so they are just here

Also the OHELLO berry is still outside. I had been distracted so that made the decision for us to leave it be -

Seedlings:

As disorganized as I started out of excitement; will work backwards to organize a bit. I lied to you guys and left one of the mystery seedlings in it’s lava home so I can monitor the PH correctly of my weird mix. Doesn’t seem to be too bad but none-the-less always room for improving.

Mystery A

Mystery B

Mystery C

Mystery D

Our tiny organic cup made for the spontanious outdoor survivor. Earthworm Jim friend is doing quite a good job it appears ! Added potato skins to all my soils.

Funny because I was eager; called pink stems early so it is good we start again. Waiting a week or so longer with these Maui Wowie Cherrybombs and watching the ones I have outside the red stems really pronounce themselves at 50 degree night temps. Many of the leaves are taking on a fatter appearance than I anticipated which is not what I want and perhaps it is my lighting schedule… As a test I will run a seedling under 13/11 and hot weather box to see if we can bring out the equator;

10 Likes