MAYBERRY (BLUE STAR S1) M-22 Breeders cut

como estas ya’ll!

Welcome to a PPK grow of Bluestarseedco’s Mayberry s1 from the Blue Star line.

Blue Star = Death Star x Whitaker Blues

Death Star = Sour Diesel x Sensi Star

Whitaker Blues = Quimby x DJ Short 98 F4 Blueberry

Josh Blue is the breeder and here is his description; “Blueberry pie dessert wine” and “Truly unique connoisseur quality herb. she makes me feel like i’m sitting on the beach with a mojito in my hand, just soaking up the sun with the most gentle warm breeze encompassing my whole body. she scores a perfect 10+ on all these categories for me.”

10+ Euphoria
10+ Bliss
10+ Relaxation
10+ Aroma
10+ Flavor

also, from Josh;

“A lot, lot, lot, of time, work, and love went into this strain. The male selection alone was extremely thorough, trying to find the best combination of parents to bring out the most outstanding blueberry phenos. I grew out 60 males from DJ’s f4 Blueberry offspring. From there, I reduced down to 30 males to reverse to the female form. This test was done to see the potential traits that they “possibly” could pass on in female form to the cross. I then selected the best 10 males for their aroma and trichome production. then the fun really started by having to test out all 10 males separately crossed to Death Star clones.”

"BLUE STAR is the pinnacle of my work. she was sprouted around 2015. Still my favorite plant after trying countless elite clones and seed strains from around the globe. It’s all about the effect, or how it makes you feel. What enhances those effects and drives them, is the combination of cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. All these together make up the experience of ‘effect’.

Death Star bred by Team Deathstar
Whitaker Blues bred by @secondgeneration genetics

I met Josh personally in Oregon while he was out there on a business trip. We had a pleasant few hours solving the world’s problems.

He toured my little facility and we talked about genetics.

I was extremely impressed with his sincere desire to help people.

His knowledge accumulation on the subject of cannabis breeding goes back to 1994.

He is also well-vetted in the seed business as an honest, ethical, person who always does what he promises. A character trait i’m finding harder to come by every day.

Here is the plant.

i have it in a version of the PPK hydroponic flow pattern.

today is exactly 1 week from transplant as a clone about 8".

i have spent the first week ramping up the light to the 1500 umol level where it is today.

i’m using a vegetative light schedule of 6 hours on and 6 off.

this is delivering about 64 moles of total light per diurnal period.

i’m using diy fixtures made with screw-in leds.

all 5000k bulbs for veg but i will add 2700k bulbs at a ratio of 60/40 blue/red.

i’m using the famous jack’s 3-2-1 formula as a base with kelp powder and fulvic in the recirculating continuous liquid feed.

the media is chunky perlite amended with worm castings and diatomaceous earth.

I feel privileged to be able to grow this plant.

i hope you all enjoy the show!

D9

43 Likes

Hi D9

I don’t speak English well but I’m staying around to see this beautiful plant
best wishes
Mimil

10 Likes

having trouble uploading pics.

5 Likes

Will definitely be watching this. Josh is an amazing person and breeder. Can tell he really cares about what he puts out to the public

7 Likes

That restriction should be gone shortly.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Whitaker Blues sure sounds interesting _ Welcome to the site - Souunds like you hit the ground running - everything sounds good – feel that genetics is the most important thing followed by lighting then one’s medium = sucess in a grow

4 Likes

Sounds intrigueing, watching this keenly.

2 Likes

We happen to have @Josh_Blue on site these days….

9 Likes

Wow, this sounds amazing!
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!:bear:

5 Likes

thank you all for your interest!

6 Likes

Checking in for the ride. This is gonna be fun!

10 Likes

Gonna be hanging around in the back to watch this Grow n show Happy Growing!

2 Likes

thank you all!

whose leg do i have to hump to upload pics?

4 Likes

You should be good now that you are TL1

https://overgrow.com/badges/1/basic?username=delta9nxs

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @delta9nxs, you’ve got great taste! Looking forward to the show. @Josh_Blue sure is raising the bar as it relates to qualifying a males potential in a given cross.

Casually selecting 30 males from 60 and reversing them to evaluate their traits as flower forming females, only to take the 10 best of those and progeny test against one a other. It’s inspiring! Appreciate you guys. Much love

7 Likes

Nice time to pull up a chair and watch, welcome and thank you

Hi @delta9nxs! Awesome prospects!! Welcome to OG! Congrats!!
If you haven’t done so, please, go to the thread below and introduce yourself to the community!! It will also help you with being able to post stuff etc, besides saying hello to all!!
Thanks!!

2 Likes

gonna try to post some pics

ok, i did it!

out of order but we have one for the end of the first week and 3 for the end of the second week from transplant as a 7" clone.

if the plant looks a little stressed that’s because it is.

i’m in a leaky old farmhouse temporarily while i’m building a home.

been struggling with low RH and temp swings.

but it put on a lot of mass even so.

i have been taking corrective measures such as boiling water on the stove and misting.

opening and closing doors, etc.

i also took the plant off the 6 on, 6 off @1500 umols schedule because it was not reacting well to it.

i have just grown several more sativa dominate plants using it and they loved the routine.

i have not grown a plant this broadleaf in a long time.

i am using the old 18//6 veg routine now and i find that it likes about 700 umols when using 18 hours. this is delivering about 45.36 moles per diurnal period.

this plant, in spite of all the sativa influence in it’s genetics, is growing a compact, self-supporting bush.

i am in love with the architecture of this plant!

for those not familiar with the system, it is a fully recirculating closed system that is both top watered on a timed, quantified schedule, and bottom watered 24/7 via capillary rise by a tube immersed in the solution below. this tube also acts as a drain.

this drain positively and totally drains the medium after each watering event.

this allows the use of a radically heavy watering schedule as opposed to pots and soil.

i started this plant initially at 10 seconds every 10 minutes and now it is at 15 seconds every 90 minutes.

this device allows you to “dial in” the moisture content precisely.

there is an “air gap” between the bottom of the plant container and the surface of the solution below.

this air gap positively removes the “perched water table” from the root zone after each watering event.

later

15 Likes

time for the end of week 3 update!

finally getting past the low humidity and temp swing issue.

it is in 22" wide container for reference. almost as wide as it is tall.

i had to drop the light flow down to about 700 umols for a while. i have been increasing it slowly since and now we are back up to about 1000 umols again for the 18 hours.

i haven’t done anything to the plant except pluck a few lower leaves

it is shaping like this under a heavily blue-weighted spectrum.

the first 2 weeks were with 5000k only. the 3rd week had 38.5% 2700k bulbs.

very thick, strong, structure. stem rubs are getting interesting.

15 Likes

Shes getting ready to explode.

3 Likes