Mazar I sharif ( real seed company)

The start of something great , thanks to motz for gifting me these to run. It’s a older selection from RSC not the most current generation being offered.

PLEASE READ THESE THREADS

How do I know my trust level
How do I sign up for a co-op seed run
How does the co-op boxes work

112 Likes

Good luck with this run sending good vibes to the garden.

I was just looking at their site https://therealseedcompany.com/product/mazar-i-sharif-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

Are these the the fourth generation of the original accession to have been produced outside Afghanistan through open pollination?

Old school hash right here :seedling: :+1:
:peace_symbol:

17 Likes

Very nice, I’ll be sitting in the back and watching. Good luck with the grow. :seedling:

7 Likes

No most likely the second or third they were gifted to me almost two years ago , and I believe they had already been in his stash for awile.

28 Likes

Mazar-i-Sharif, the grandaddy of the hashplants… for sure this is special.

This will be fun to watch!

Cheers
G

35 Likes

Lookin forward to watching this : )

8 Likes

Run it. …:running_man:t5:‍♂

7 Likes

Sitting here for the show!
I grew those from RSC in my first outdoor! :upside_down_face: I think they were 2nd or 3rd gen
The girl i got from the seeds had half white half pink pistils, cute! :grimacing:

9 Likes

beautiful! the Mazar has been on my list for a long time now, i got a pack from a random seller a while back that ive yet to run but the provenance seems dubious. i hope the run goes smoothly for you and the harvest is bountiful, ill be very curious to watch and follow along!

13 Likes

I forgot to add, one of the best weeds i smoked when i was a kid was a Mazar (not mazar i shariff, didn’t look like a landrace tbh) i dont know the seedbank, but it was the heaviest hardest nugs i’ve ever come across. And the insides of the nugs were lots of glands sticked to each other. Blew my mind both, high and look.
The one i get from RSC wasn’t close in any way…

12 Likes

Dutch passion used to sell a line they called mazar that was the landrace crossed to skunk 1 maybe that’s what you came across.

15 Likes

Someone sent me a puck of those last year and I have no idea, I can’t remember for the life of me. But am really looking forward to watching this grow!!! :sun_with_face:

8 Likes

I had a friend that was at an FOB near Mazar and brought back a huge amount of seeds. It was some of the best hash I have ever had. Unfortunately, I didn’t do a seed run at the time (it was about 17 years ago) and he had given out all the seeds, so there are none left. God I wish I had either saved some or did a seed run.

I was looking at the ones from RSC, but then I heard, somewhere, that they weren’t really. Has anyone else grown out any of the ones from RSC?

@Heritagefarms … Are you going to do a seed run for these? If you do, I would be interested in getting some. Just let me know and the details.

13 Likes

Pulling up a chair. Definitely following this. Good luck :four_leaf_clover: cheering from the sidelines

3 Likes

Oh helllll yeah. I have a a buncha packs from them. I love growing their plants!

5 Likes

They were collected in Peshawar which is about 12 hours away from mazar but they were acquired from a trusted hash and seed merchant who the guy from real seed company knows and trusts. I’ve seen other pictures online of people who have grown them and they look like legit mazar. The other lines that grow in the Peshawar area don’t look anything like the mazar so i feel pretty confident there legit.
I also don’t think they would keep making new generations of it if they had any doubts themselves.

25 Likes

just checking in to watch

4 Likes

Whatcha got , I wish I had got there riff mtn, and am thinking about getting the Kohlm

3 Likes

Do you think there would be a big difference in the phenos between these generation in your experience?

2 Likes

Oh wow, didn’t expect to see this pop up in my daily feed of new topics! Really awesome that you’re giving us the chance to follow along. Someone above mentioned this being the grandaddy of all hash plants, and I couldn’t agree more. There is a lot of history with this cultivar, going back a very long time, as I’m sure you know.

Can’t wait to see where this goes. Original Mazar is on my list of stuff to check out, one day. I’ve got some auto Mazar x 9# Hammer F1 plants about 2 weeks into flower, and have my male selected to make F2s with, on the way to full auto. Even with mine being a hybrid, it’ll still be cool to see how they compare to your original Mazar.

Thanks again for sharing this journey! Good vibes and green waves coming your way :blush:

9 Likes