Med card in Canada?

Hey all, I’ve been thinking of getting my med card. I see there are lots of sites that let you go through the process online for a small (lol) fee. Are any of them recommended?

Basically, whats the cheapest and easiest way to get a Canadian med card? Thanks!

5 Likes

I’m from Canada and ACMPR is the best way to go. These guys are solid. Super easy process.

9 Likes

Nice, I’ll check them out. Thanks!

4 Likes

Here are the prices they offer.

12 Likes

Whoa, thats crazy lol

7 Likes

Yeah it freeking Awesome eh hahahaha

4 Likes

Im also looking to get legal, i have a few buddy’s that have a 5gram a day limit but thats nit enough for my needs. This acmpr group is it easy to get legal thru them, and can you get your liscence renewed after a year thru this same company?

5 Likes

I’d be in heaven even with the lowest limit. And I thought I was a heavy smoker at 4-7g a day :scream:. @Mongobongo did you personally use this site? Those prices actually seem affordable. I’ve tried going through my actual doctor years ago but she is super against weed. Lucky me. Would relieve a lot of anxiety knowing that I might not get my door kicked in at any time for not growing schwag from tweed. Have no idea how many times those fuckers at cbsa have taken my seeds. Got another letter just a few days ago :tired_face:

Btw I don’t think I’ve seen you around. Welcome to the forums we have quite a few Canadians here. I’m in ON myself.

9 Likes

The process is only about 15 minutes. I’ll be renewing in May but from what I’ve heard it’s the same price and just as easy.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the welcome, I’m an original member from 2001/2002 but only found the new site a few days ago thanks to Dana 100 seed giveaway. I have used this site for my license, I got the 30 grams a day one. The process is simple and well worth it. You can smoke those heavy Indicas again without thinking the swat team is coming :joy::joy: and this thing pays for itself eh. All your grow equipment becomes a write off at tax time under medical exspenses.

11 Likes

Very interesting to note, thanks for adding your experience with it, keep us informed how your renewal goes, as i think its some handy info to have out here for us canadians to find. :wink: and didn’t even consider the tax write off portion.

8 Likes

Decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. Within an hour and a half I had already signed up, set up Skype, paid 300 bucks, and had a short video chat with a friendly doctor.

I have mail on the way soon so I’m guessing the process is already pretty much half done. After I fill out some forms I’ll send that away to health Canada or whoever does the process and they say 1-4 months after that for me to be accepted, if I am that is. They are claiming 100% success rate, even though that sounds too good to be true I have my fingers crossed.

Did the 10 grams a day/49 plants.

Appreciate the recommendation @Mongobongo I am hoping for good news in a few months. If I eventually do get approved I will be coming back to thank you even more :grinning:

11 Likes

I will have to ask my friend KB about the process he went through and if it was through the same place…

I know he is licensed for 244 plants and that kind of coincides with the top level available from the posted picture.

Food for thought for the future…

Peace

11 Likes

Wow that sounds so quick and easy, until it hits the government lol. 1-4 months?!?

6 Likes

@neogitus nice you won’t be disappointed. The form you are being sent is a single piece of paper that requires just your signature. Then when you send it pay the 10 bucks at post office to have it signed for at delivery. You should have your license mailed back to you within 4/6 weeks. There is no doubt you will get your license. The process is 100%.

@beacher normally I’d agree but the wait times have been cut down significantly for this process after numerous complaints from awesome growers tired of waiting for the license.

8 Likes

I have to work on getting something going on this front also. My buddy has a 20 gram permit for him and his lady one setup for outdoor the other indoors. They got the licences from that website too. My dad, brother, aunts used a clinic in the KW area (Ontario) they seem to give out a 3.5 gram a day scripts and go back once a year.

8 Likes

Cool, 4-6 weeks is definitely reasonable. I guess the idea is to renew it early every year so they overlap.

6 Likes

Ya mine expires in July so I’ll be renewing end of April. Right around 4/20 :wink:

4 Likes

if you only want 3-5 grams per day (15-25 plants) National Access Cannabis is 100% free with no membership fees. they are all over canada. you really have to push them for home growing though, i think they’re sponsored or funded by a group of LPs

6 Likes

if you’re worried about pre-existing conditions or obtaining medical documentation for a medical license, just go to the walk-in clinic and complain about having trouble sleeping two weeks in a row, then use those records at your cannabis clinic appointment

6 Likes