Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Funny actually I don’t. It falls into the same category as the Jack Herer does for me. In my day, everything had the same hash, brick weed, jack hererish taste except our premium weed at the time which was the skunks. So something in my mind and taste buds just light up with the skunks. The other old skool flavors from my day, I can live without. Once the skunks came in, weed as I know it started tasting good and different and became tastes I looked forward too as opposed to just a vehicle to get me high. lol If that makes sense.

I suppose in my mind the skunk was always the premium and everything else was inferior, stuff like that sticks I think.

4 Likes

Although, come to think of it, back in the day, once in a great great while, someone would bust out what they called honey oil at the time (which had more of that old skool hash taste) and I have very fond memories of that.

2 Likes

I’d love to try them both! lol In a heartbeat. I’d almost bet dollars to donuts the Skunk 91 would be the most familiar skunk strain to me as that’s when the skunk varieties became more readily available to us here.

3 Likes

I suppose to really find for me the most nostalgic skunk strain, I would have to find out what was coming specifically out of Humboldt in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Although, anything with dominant skunky flavor reminds me. @cogitech that write up you linked makes me want that Cheese strain as well. lol

4 Likes

Hi Meesh :slight_smile: Told to look you up lol I have one called Chronic Skunk, it is 50/50 indica/sativa, not super potent, but she smells more like candy then skunk. Another I have is LA Cheese, she has such a wonderful aroma, smells spicy sweet, but that one is really potent. Issue with both these, think clone only.

4 Likes

Hey meesh the skunk 91 was a run that was done here last year

As far as the Skunk 3 still un sure I also have some Escobar cheeseberry that has a skunk nose to it if interested

3 Likes

Welcome to my grow show! My outdoor grow is winding down for this year, but you may have fun summarizing my thread here and seeing mostly the highlights and cool pics. I think there is a button to summarize somewhere on the first post. Or feel free to dig through the whole 2200 posts… Obviously, I’m a poster lol

As you can probably tell, right now I’m on a old skool skunk kick after growing out an Original Skunk strain that was gifted to me by @MomOnTheRun that has me reminiscing about the weed of my youth. :grin:

4 Likes

Can’t effing believe that I missed that one! Wonder if anyone has any seeds left they want to send me.

2 Likes

The only cheese I’ve tried is Auto Cheese from Canuk Seeds (freebie) so I am not sure how close to “Cheese” it really is. I bred it to @ReikoX’s LRUV. I haven’t grown it myself, but @Esrgood4u just finished growing it. I’m eager to hear what he thinks of it once it has cured.

3 Likes

No need to look any further I can mail out all 3 strains I’ve got for you to hunt through if you want

6 Likes

Doesn’t that original cheese they mentioned sound amazing? Shit, we have opened a whole big can of old skool cannabis worms now in Meeshland :joy:

4 Likes

Wow! I never breed or make seeds as I’m an outdoor grower mostly medicinally for myself and my Dad, but I would be happy to send you some fem seeds I have as trade or happily pay postage. I’m gonna have so many seeds, it’s gonna be hell trying to figure out what to grow!! I do know, that I am going at least half old skool strains next year. Also, if you missed any of the preservation run seeds, I may have some to share as well.

3 Likes

No that’s fine send me a address I got ya covered hope you find what your looking for in them. I’m sure down the road they will get replaced.

5 Likes

@Gardenartus I sure remember the “Chronic”! Shoot, I live 7 miles from Compton and we all know the Dr. Dre album sporting the name. All of us L.A. folks have memories smoking it!

2 Likes

So it seems Ms. Meesh is going with a new game plan next year. Thinking I’ll be container growing double to triple the amount of reg seeds until they show sex and then selecting the females that will go in the ground to flower as everyone is so fucken cool and generous here. So many bad ass old skool and new strains that I want to try.

3 Likes

I’ve been assessing all of my container grows vs. the ground… Personally, I love organics and anything having to do with it and in my ground soil that’s all it will ever be. However, unless you have spent oodles of time perfecting a living organic container soil that’s been cooking, I’ve found the best results in container grows (no matter what it is) in a soiless mix and chemical nutes. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Although my CBD plant organic grow was fire…

1 Like

If you look at all the folks doing large outside grows, the pros seem to all be using soft containers. Pretty much everyone I look at is like Mendo Dope, giant soft pots but using organic soils in them.

I have grown in Octopots outdoors and had good success , but to be honest, just sticking them in my SHITTY hard clay soil here directly into the ground gives me even better results and much larger plants.

If it where me I would do soft containers with a good airy organic soil I would just mix up. Wish I had that option, and if I did, Hell I would grow in huge containers and make plants like the Mendo Boys do.

5 Likes

I did soft pots and organic soil in my containers. Didn’t compare to my in ground grows. I feel as if the soil isn’t already cooked and living it just doesn’t get the same effect in containers ie… just opening a good bag of organic soil and using it, doesn’t seem as effective as a soilless mix. I have not created a organic container, water only soil though yet myself only nice organic bag soil. Even my non cannabis plants are bigger, more flowers etc… in soilless mix with chems. So far been my experience. My in ground planters are all living soil though and you saw the results… pure fire!

2 Likes

Shoot. I don’t think there’s a bud out there they don’t like. But yes, us outdoor growers can only hope!

1 Like

Well, the earth is magical. Can’t ever beat that, right?

4 Likes