Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Done and done @Meesh

5 Likes

I think joe made one of mine editable again onceā€¦ maybe.

3 Likes

Dude, thank you! Looks perfect! Next year when I look back I can remember what I grew.

5 Likes

So, Iā€™m pretty darn close to all organic in the container autos as well. They are in organic soil.

1 Like

Yeaā€¦ Even though there is a 0.01 Iā€™d still call it organic but according to organics, itā€™s not lol

Over all, ready to see this grow going

6 Likes

No, please, no
No, but weā€™re getting warmer.

It really all depends on how much youā€™re using. A malted barley can be ground up and top dressed once every couple months, then watered in with just water. Barley seed needs to be sprouted, blitzed in a blender with water and added to your watering. You just want to apply this early on though to promote faster root development. After the vegetative stage, barley drenches can cause the plant to refocus on root development when itā€™s supposed to be focusing on shoot development. (Sprouted, or malted, barley is LOADED with plant hormones.)
Kelp, any kelp, should be applied in very small doses about once a month. Weak alfalfa tea should be substituted just as the plant transitions to flowering, because the alfalfa, while high in nitrogen, will release a small dose of triacontanol, which will increase the plantā€™s resilience during this period of transition. (Donā€™t buy triacontanol powder, itā€™s massive overkill and in larger doses will actually cause a weakened plant immune system.) During transition the plantā€™s immune response is lessened, because itā€™s energy is focusing on changing itā€™s structures.

13 Likes

Glad I asked, I somehow thought malted barley was basically the end product of sprouted barley and I was just skipping a step. So, basically Iā€™m just top dressing with it now and again in say july or august?

2 Likes

ā€œmalted barley is basically the end product of sprouted barleyā€, but malted barley can be added to the water or topdressed. Why do more work when you can topdress it dry and have it slowly release hormones and nutrients over an extended period?

7 Likes

Haha! Cuz Iā€™m a freak and want instant gratification. Will it slowly release it in time for my plants to use the nutrients? Thatā€™s where my brain always goes when it comes to the mj plants. I donā€™t even worry about stuff like that with my veggies or flowers. lol

6 Likes

Ah maaaan the 1st time i used an alfalfa sprouts tea I almost killed my entire garden lol. Think I went 10 times the required strengthā€¦ lesson well learnt :joy::joy:ā€¦ seen a video a while back on the Tube where a guy was literally using a cup of sprouts to to 250 gallons of water ā€¦ decided to go his route and has worked great since

6 Likes

It is also removed from municipal water supplies because it can react with chlorine and form some really bad stuff. Do not use with any chlorinated water.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/239457196_Chlorination_and_Coagulation_of_Humic_and_Fulvic_Acids

ā€¦ Most investigators reported that THM formation rises with increasing soluble organic material content in natural water. The rate of THM formation will enhance as a result of TOC consumption and the results fitted to first-order reaction. [18, 19] In fact with adequate residue chlorine, the formation of THM will increase by higher available TOC. In comparison to studies previously reported about the positive impact of TOC on THM formation in drinking water, the statistical analysis showed a negative impact of TOC [Table 4]. This result is in accordance with Matamoros et al, w ā€¦

6 Likes

@Sebring is spot on with his above post concerning tea concoctions kaligrownbud has a nice video in which he describes uses with barley , alfalfa, and mung bean teas and at what stages of plant growth itā€™s worth checking out!

6 Likes

Liquid fish is already broken down into its available components if given the choice between fish emulsion or hydrosolate, hydrosolate is a more full spectrum fish product to use, in emulsion they take out the best parts of the product and are left with the leftovers I donā€™t believe fish to have fulvic acids in it but I could be wrong.

5 Likes

First autos hit take off mode. I believe this is week 4 or 5. Visible growth overnight now.

24 Likes

I agree with @Sebring just grind it, top dress, and water it in. Iā€™ve done it this way, by bubbling, and by sprouting my own and the first method is the easiest/best results.

I actually burned my plants the first time I sprouted my ownā€¦

7 Likes

You guys, the Good Shit although itā€™s leaves got munched off is as old as my other fems that have already been up potted.
Do you think the roots are just as big as the others even though I just got leaves back? Wondering if I should transplant it now too or leave it in starter until leaves span the pot?

3 Likes

IMHO I would treat her apart from the others and leave her plenty recover before transplanting, I donā€™t think the roots will grow much more until they have more foliage to feed, glad it has finally recovered, mineā€™s also on the run ā€¦ :sunglasses:

7 Likes

This ^^

My CBD Critical Mass is growing weird while Good Shit is growing great in the half potsā€¦root development is a bit slower. Here they are on day 12

Good shit on left, Critical Mass on right

CBD Critical Mass

Good Shit

I will not be feminizing Critical Massā€¦just too funky in this early stage

11 Likes

That is one wonky looking little plant. I canā€™t see the growth tip. Good Shit sounds goodā€¦lol

5 Likes

Uhā€¦yeah. That has to be the weirdest mj plant ever. You sure itā€™s not sage? lol Totally looks like it, right?!

3 Likes