Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

So, I noticed what looks like preflowers on Reikos auto mix. Bizarre! It’s way too little. Looking like the winter auto. Maybe it’s just best grown indoors…

3 Likes

That Lowryder2 makes some tiny plants. How old are they? About three to four weeks?

EDIT: Just realized these were the FAM, no Lowryder in those…

4 Likes

Lol when mine showed preflowers they were like 2" tall maybe… smallest plants with balls I’d ever seen lol

8 Likes

Me neither though I keep looking for one…hasn’t died yet so i’ll get to see what happens :stuck_out_tongue:

It is real funky…have no idea if it looks like sage - never tried to grow it

5 Likes

Yeah about 3 to 4 weeks. This is your fem mix

Same, except this one is feminized. It’s really tiny.

The Dark Devil same age is showing preflowers too. Blue Dreams, Jamaican Haze and Da Green autos still growing.

8 Likes

So, I’ve never grown Indica before and the Holy Punch fem seed I planted a few weeks after the other photos is already the same size. Is it usual for them to grow faster than sativas?

5 Likes

In my limited experience they usually grow shorter and squatter. But I’ve never grown a sativa dominat variety. Only equal hybrid more or less

3 Likes

The indicas grow faster because of the climate of their origin countries (Afghanistan, Nepal, Tibet, Northern India, Pakistan …), they have less time of light and temperature so they have to achieve fast their goal. The flowering period is shorter and so the stretching. As they come from the mountains, they are more resistant to cold and extreme conditions.

On the other side, the Sativas come from tropical climates (Mexico,Jamaica, Thailand Southern India …). They have much light and high temperatures along the year so they take profit from those conditions and grow taller and for longer time in flowering period, where they can even duplicate their height … :sunglasses:

9 Likes

I did my cal mag soil drench per my soil test on the entire backyard. Lightly sprayed all of the mj plants as well. Didn’t think it would hurt them as they will be in the ground soon and these drenches will continue. Guess I’ll find out tmw if they are all dead. lol

Thanks for the info on the indica/sativa @George

8 Likes

Everything is looking extra perky today! They liked the cal mag drench. All is well. Off to the renaissance faire

11 Likes

I haven’t been to one of those in fifteen years, so I’m a bit envious. I hope you have a fantastic time there!

5 Likes

It was a blast. We have been going for the last few years regularly. I’m so tired today after all the excitement that I feel hungover and I didn’t have a drop to drink. lol

So, my germ rate for Dark Sparks has been 50/50. It’s looking like the last one that germed is a mutant crinkle leaf as well. I’m 90% sure. Waiting for the leaves to get a little bigger for my final determination. Either way. I planned to grow 8 autos and the fem mix is already preflowering as is the Dark Devil so they are gonna be very small plants. I’m gonna try and start 4 more today if I get the time. All the photos are already starting to outgrow their 2nd pots, by next week I will probably do one last transplant after that they will be a good size to go into the ground. One of the Blue Dream autos is growing like gangbusters above the rest. Visible growth every 12 hours or so now. That one is going to be a monster.

7 Likes

Pic update…
Budding fem mix left and dark devil autos

Blue Dream autos looking mighty

Jamaican haze left and Da green autos

Photos

Good Shit

Strawberry Diesel

Dark spark auto possible mutant

18 Likes

Looking really good.

2 Likes

Thanks Man! Been doing a whole lot of nothing to them since they hit soil. Think I’m coming up on 3 weeks in there. I’ve been really bad about counting days. I’ll need to look it up cuz they are probably ready to be fed something stronger than kelp. The photos are looking like they already want their last up pot before the ground. Everything is really starting to establish now.

7 Likes

Yeah they look to be coming along nicely. I find mr sparkles autos really thrive after the seedling stage.

2 Likes

The biggest autos are the Blue Dreams so far… I wish I could remember where I bought these seeds. Last year they hit 3 feet. Good Cali outdoor strain. Just looked back. The first 4 autos have another week before fertilizer and the last two have 2 more weeks until fertilizer. 1 more week for uppots on photos as well. This is why I love my Overgrow journal!

3 Likes

Just went out back and milled around for awhile looking at the plants. I actually think by next week, I’ll put the photos into the ground instead of another up pot. They will be big enough. Still haven’t gotten any clover to stick in the new beds, birds keep getting it, but I haven’t reseeded again in awhile. Think I will start the companion marigold seeds and throw some more clover in the mj beds today.

6 Likes

Yeah mutant looks to be a crinkle mutant but not too bad currently, and the green is actually quite pale in comparison, i don’t think you will get much from the fem mix or DD just cause they are already setting up for bud production, just a hampered start.

But all the rest are looking healthy and moving forward, even the recovering “good shit”

4 Likes

Getting ready to throw about 4 more of yours in starters. I have 50% germ rate with the dark sparks thus far outdoors. I have only done da green and dark sparks so far. Maybe I’ll hit a few of the other phenos that are on the other side of the pack you sent me.

5 Likes