Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I was doing some work on my DBHP last night. When i plucked a fan leaf off it started oozing purple juice on me. Now i know where the plant gets it name

7 Likes

I havenā€™t cut a leaf on mine yet to see if itā€™s a bleeder. Hmmā€¦ now Iā€™m curious. May cut one soon to check.

3 Likes

Alright, productive day. Fed all the flowering autos the tea I mixed up seabird guano/kelp/molasses/Mammoth P.
Fed the fems in the mj planters some simple fish fert, resowed a few marigolds and more dutch white clover. Ground up some malted barley and top dressed the fems in the mj planter and the regs in the veggie patch. Iā€™ll top dress again in like 2 or 3 months. There was a bird shit the size of a pterodactyl on the Jungle Spice. I hate that! It burns the leaves. lol The regs in the veggie patch got no fert as they look really happy as is. The smaller seedlings, Good Shit and the 2 strawberry diesels still waiting for the ground got some basic fish fert.

Andā€¦ I cut a small leaf off the bottom of the DBHP out of curiosity and I can confirm that I have a bleeder!! Now may it turn out to be a girl child. Fingers crossed.

Sunday, Iā€™m planning to dig out the bermuda grass in the veggie plot where the green onions used to be as I have one extra fem plant that will need a home soon. I may try one of the strawberry diesels in that spot and the other in the new mj bed and see which one looks better in the end. The Good shit is still growing but it looks weird and all the leaves are very small. Hopefully it will pick up and get some juju once I put it in the mj bed. For now, it still just seems too small to go in, but I get wild hairs up my ass from time to time and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll wake up someday soon and just put her in there.

10 Likes

LOLā€¦ Never heard this expression beforeā€¦

Youā€™re keeping pretty busy, which is a good thing. Iā€™m sure things will work out for you, and all the hard work will pay offā€¦

Peace
DaFozz

1 Like

I sure hope so. Especially with this organic stuff. Feeling like I wonā€™t have to do anything else but water these plants and follow the soil test for quite some time. Oh and keep up on the pest management. Iā€™m so use to growing in containers and having to fertilize and do things to them every week. I think the autos may even be just fine for the remainder of their grow without anything else. This much LITFA feels kinda weird to me, especially since everyone kept telling me how much more work organic gardening isā€¦ Honestly, since most things are slow release, itā€™s really pretty easy. Gives me more time to pull weeds and prune my insane tomato plants I suppose. lol

8 Likes

Tell me if Iā€™m crazy and if itā€™s just me or just on outdoor grows, but honest to dog, you know when you feed your plants and then come back like an hour later and you can almost tell if your plant liked what you gave them? For instance, I just went to look at them and they have this intense earthy smell coming off of them and just look like they instantly perked up and seem almost a shade greener. Instant happiness. Maybe Iā€™m just crazy. lol

5 Likes

If youā€™re crazy, then itā€™s a common affliction lol. I totally get that same feeling, and although outdoor is different Iā€™ve felt the same way with indoor grows. Especially when I am doing organic soil.

7 Likes

Itā€™s like after it just rained and the entire outdoors looks like itā€™s giving Mother Nature a high five and that distinctive clean earthy smell. Glad Iā€™m not the only one. Plant nerd, here.

5 Likes

That is, no joke, one of my absolute favorite things in life. Especially in the evening when the sun breaks out and warms everything up after a good rain. Everything just feels so so happy to be alive that it canā€™t help but show it.

7 Likes

Your not alone in these observations one can see improvements in plant health over course of an hour or two

6 Likes

You must not live in Floridaā€¦ this is when you melt like the wicked witch of the west and have to alternate which leg your balls are stuck to so they can dry out a lilā€¦ everything gets unpleasantly moistā€¦

2 Likes

Please believe me when I say that I mean absolutely no offense to anyone when I say this: There is no amount of money that anyone could pay me to convince me to live in Florida, or even to spend two consecutive days there in the Summer. I would literally rather die than live in that heat and humidity, and I once told an employer so when they wanted to send me there for a trade show. They sent someone else, lol. :sweat:

3 Likes

Dont blame you one bit. Was born and raised in the land of mosquitos and bengayā€¦ wouldnā€™t recommend it to anyone lol

3 Likes

I did a week in Miami in February for work(trade show also, i was IT support)ā€¦ :bikini: :thumbsup:
Fookin awesome. :grin:

Except my spanish skills were weak. :rolling_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

American Cuba is itā€™s own lil country down there lol. Decided it wasnt the place for me after trying to ask a cop for directions n got the olā€™ ā€œno habla englishā€.

2 Likes

I have family that lives in little Havana :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Isnā€™t it strange that different areas are so isolated to there own groups of people ,shops and cultures.

I had a uncle that lived his whole life in New York never left his bronks neighborhood weā€™d asked him one time if heā€™d been to a certain place in New York! His reply no thatā€™s way on the other side of the city he had owned a car in the mid 70 ā€˜s but had got rid of it due to parking problems and theft

Poor old bugger never traveled or left the city of New York had no clue what it would be like to leave something unlocked or keys in the car over night stuff out in the yard un watched ! To not have 7 locks plus a 4 ft bar that wedges the door from getting booted in !

I guess if you spent your whole life living in a bubble you wouldnā€™t experience differences.

7 Likes

:smile: ā€¦like cannabis growers! :laughing: :joy: :hugging: :busts_in_silhouette: :busts_in_silhouette::busts_in_silhouette::busts_in_silhouette:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

A few plant shots, boy do they look perky after their organic feast
Jamaican haze

Blue Dream

Fem

Photo cherry berry white

21 Likes

Heck yeah, they do :grinning:

6 Likes