Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Bye Bye 5 foot Sunshine but my “Daydream” didn’t include males. :sob: May you rest in pieces in my compost. I loved you.

9 Likes

That’s what I thought! Well 75% ain’t bad.

3 Likes

Third one is a little unfocused bit looks like a calyx and pistil at the bract, I think you’ve gotten your sexing out of the way and now it’s grow time

4 Likes

I didn’t realize they showed sex this early outside. That’s great. Didn’t waste too much time. None of those looked like the SSDD with balls so I think us “ladies” are good to grow now!

5 Likes

Thanks guys! I’ve only grown fems so I’m not used to checking the sex. Just seen males in your guys threads. Looks like I did pretty good. Always like a 2nd opinion from the experts though.

I walked around for half hour saying “Damn” out loud after finding the balls on the SSDD. Glad I was showing them off to my boyfriend and noticed. Cuz usually it’s a lot of LITFA

7 Likes

Yea… Always sucks, especially when you only have the one, but like you said 75% isn’t bad… I just moved my SSDD to the flower closet today…

Interested to see how big those plants get outside… I love seeing big ole giant plants!

4 Likes

The SSDD would have hit 5 feet by Sunday. In reality, this opens up even more space. The DBHP is already huge, now SHE can really spread out!

5 Likes

That was early enough right? I mean there was nothing to pollinate yet and it wasn’t mature enough to pollinate anything. I know I’m asking stupid questions, but my paranoia kicks in… lol

5 Likes

Oh no… They were just starting… Usually take about a week or more to actually open… You got it covered

5 Likes

Your fine. It takes a good week minimum to start dropping pollen from when you first see sacs. :+1:

5 Likes

Sonny likes chilling with the ladies

12 Likes

Yeah, for a good week they just get bigger, and the second week or maybe even the third, they’ll grow a little stem and ‘hang’ for at least a couple days before they actually open. Kinda crappy picture, but this is what they look like in the last couple hours before dropping pollen.

Also, beautiful cat you’ve got there. Is he all black?

7 Likes

He sure is with big yellow eyes!

3 Likes

Yeah survival tactic … and with so many other plants around will more so push the photos towards preservation …
Oh yeah hope you’re recovering from your spidee bite… almost got hit by a button spider few days ago

2 Likes

What’s a button spider? We don’t have those. Is it deadly or just poisonous like the black widows?

My bite is about the ugliest thing I’ve seen in awhile, but the pain and infection is gone. Yay!

2 Likes

Yeah really fucking nasty those Buttons … here’s a pic

Edit… was picking up a tote I grow in and she was under the handle … was so close to getting got

3 Likes

The infamous widow…:smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what we refer to as black widows here :wink:

4 Likes

Interesting! That’s what bit me! We call them Black Widows!

2 Likes

Nasty fuckers wow that must have been horrible @Meesh

1 Like