Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

So everything got netted etc. It was a really long hot day in the sun. I am drained. The last 4 autos that were just getting ready to break through got demolished by Dad being a bull in a china shop and playing timber while cutting down the mammoth sunflowers. Some may survive but who knows. This was at the end of the day and I was totally bent out of shape about it. I’m starting to get over it now. I think I am just grumpy as hell from too much sun and hunger, but I really wanted to grow out the last of Reiko’s autos.

5 Likes

It certainly looks like the soil test was worth it, your garden is going guns.

I’m wondering if I should get a test and get a plan for a guerilla grow this season.

6 Likes

The test was worth every penny! That way there is no guesswork involved. What country are you in? If US I can recommend the place I used that mom on the run turned me on to. They did my test and sent my results straight to the amendment people who calculated out everything I needed in exact proportions and I got everything I needed sent directly from them with very thorough explanations about each mineral and exact instructions. Really a gem of a place.

7 Likes

I am in Australia and found a place that will do pretty much the same thing and its about $350 for the test and for the plan before shipping and cost of amendments.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s cheap or not in Australian money, but my test cost $60 us (pretty cheap) but I did my entire HUGE backyard so my amendments while cheap ended up being about 600 bucks if I recall. It was like 80lbs just in minerals plus gallons and gallons of liquid. So I’m not a great comparison with pricing. lol In the end though, if I would have purchased every element separately, I would have spent a lot more money and had boxes and boxes of extra micronutrients sitting in the garage forever probably.

6 Likes

I don’t think there are many/any other places that do the tests so they price accordingly, selling a couple of ounces of ‘combustable material’ should cover it though.

4 Likes

I will do another test next January. As you know, you can only amend minerals so much each year without becoming toxic. So I’ll find out how close I am to perfection each year. If the taste of my tomatoes (so sweet and delicious) tell me anything, it’s that the soil right now is pretty damn great!

9 Likes

Sounds pretty good. What is the name of the place?

AG Labs for 20 characters

1 Like

Is this it?

https://www.aglabs.com/ in Minnesota?

4 Likes

The plants are looking super healthy over on your end of the pond … great job again. Hope you have a few hundred jars for all that hehehe …
Oh and show us the net job :grinning:

4 Likes

@WMoon518 That is the one. Great place!

3 Likes

@Sunvalley OMG! I don’t even want to think about trimming. I’m outside talking to my plants everyday telling them how beautiful they are and how much I love them. Come trim time, I’m cursing them, wasting a lot of plant material, acting like Edward scissorhands… lol Rage trimming, it’s a thing!

12 Likes

Netted and caged. Next year, we know what to do from the get go. Learning experience!

22 Likes

Funny, it wasn’t very hard work to net these it just took forever as we had to be so delicate doing it. We can add net over the jungle spice if need be, but it’s short and strong and the cage is probably enough to support the buds. I can always put sticks sideways through the cage for more branch support if need be. Same with the Good Shit.

I think at least 2 of reikos autos that got jacked up yesterday will survive. They were a day from breaking through the top of the soil. I sort of covered them lightly after they flew and 2 have come above the surface now. One other one may come through as well. I’m hoping. One was totally FUBAR and couldn’t even find the sprout it’s probably in my grass somewhere.
Maybe it’s not as bad as I thought. Either way, I called Dad and apologized for my melt down, cuz I was pissed when it happened.

9 Likes

You guys… the Kushage reaches the eave of the garage now! Holy F**k!
Buds are stacking already on Good Shit, Cherry Berry White, Jungle Spice… Starting on OG Skunk and Kushage.
Botafumeiros is almost there. No sign at all on DBHP or Holy Punch… Strawberry Diesels aren’t even in preflower these are gonna go long into fall.

11 Likes

Good job … saving yourself some extra work later and maybe some heart ache hehehe … :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Don’t know why I just never believed they were gonna get this big! And how fast it happened. Silly me. I wish I had an x-ray machine so I could see how deep the tap roots are. They have unlimited downward growth. I’m thinking the ones in the flower beds go way down there as quite honestly they seem to never want water. I hardly ever give them any.

5 Likes

Yeah nothing beats growing in the ground… unlimited space for em roots

3 Likes

Should I start watering in some molasses from time to time? If so how often can I do it before I attract ants or something from too much? I really want to sweeten up these buds.

5 Likes