Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Its brown when you mix it, doesnt seem to leave a residue but does smell. Have not applied it during full bloom just before it actually. Personally I would focus on wetting leaves and stems and avoiding the buds where reasonable. The bacteria will in theory spread anyway and it only takes one bite of an inoculated area to infect the pest.

I’ve applied other stuff during full bloom though like pyrethrins and soaps and not had any issue with crisping or burning.

Of course can always test some lowers first.

Also, you should be spraying that stuff on all your other plants like ornamentals and deciduous trees.

7 Likes

I’ll spray on everything around them although my garden is mostly cannabis at this point so it’s not too bad. I’ve yet to have even a leaf burn with my BT sprays in veg. I’m just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hopefully if it damages them it’s less than what the caterpillars would do.

7 Likes

@TrevorLahey my plants are as bushy as hell now. Not sure how feasible it will be to try to hit only leaf and stem, but I’ll try my best. Buds are absolutely everywhere now. Hard to avoid them. But yes, it is only a bacteria so hopefully it just affects the bugs. Good thing I have 10 gallons of water sitting out that’s dechlorinated as well

5 Likes

Shit. My stomach has been wacky all day. Guess the nap I need is out of the question now. Gonna go out and take down the rose by the time I’m done I’ll start spraying. UGH! Kill me now.

6 Likes

Really my only concern with spraying buds is the potential for mold/rot. Especially when spraying at night as humidity spikes and theres no heat to evaporate off the moisture. I prefer to get up early and spray my plants at sunrise if I’m going to do it.

Just give em a decent jostle around/shake when you’re all done. I do this after every rainfall during flower to get off the excess pools of water that can form inside the buds.

4 Likes

You will thank yourself later. Hate to lose a crop to the caterpillars.

7 Likes

1 TBS/GAL

Spray EARLY AM silly!

:hugging:

:skull_crossbones: :bug:

The buds won’t be affected, IME… just don’t SOAK the mf’ers, adjust the sprayer to a more misty less showery spray.

I do my spraying before sunrise…like around 6-6:30. :sunrise:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

This girl does not get up at the butt crack of dawn! Luckily, I have a killer ocean breeze pretty much all the time, so they will dry. Plus it’s done. Well all but like 2 plants, the 3 gallons of Bt ran out and it got dark. I also harvested FM 2 aka the rose and just in time as I found caterpillar eggs on the bottom leaf. Luckily they hadn’t hatched.

6 Likes

Oh, so in the one big planter as I was spraying BT the places where I had pruned in the very back of the planter have some small branches that I saw pm on well a few leaves that are hidden way in the back not getting light due to the dense forest. I’m gonna literally get under the net and plants tmw and cut any branches back there that are completely blocked from light and anything with even the smallest bit of pm. Luckily it isn’t bad at all yet, looks like it’s only effected a couple leaves but still. It won’t get better without sunshine. I honestly thought I shaved their legs enough. Guess not.

7 Likes

I’m gonna go out there in the dark and shake those mofos… just in case… It’s really dark you guys. I unscrewed all of the security lights and made the neighbor get rid of theirs too, but I’m going in…

6 Likes

I recommend takin a shower afterwards, I got BT all over my arms & it itched like nothing else after about an hour… ended up using peroxide & baking soda…

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Besides the caterpillars, I have next to no bug damage on any of my leaves except the container autos and CBD plant that I’ve fed chemical nutes too. Either my organics have kept my big girls happier or the aspirin foliars I tested out made a big difference in overall plant health. Even the pm on the few really dark spots in the back is super slight… like one small spot on a couple leaves.

Absofuckenlutely! I’m paranoid about any type of bugspray and I’m already super allergic to something in my garden anyway and have been itching like crazy since I started digging out the backyard last fall. Not sure if it’s a weed or something in the soil (most likely whatever tree bark is in it).

4 Likes

Can you give an old hippie some edification on this aspirin spray you speak of? Have a beautiful day! Careful on that damn ladder! Much love…

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Well, I do a lot of reading on gardening on the internet and I kept coming across articles regarding farming and the use of aspirin on vegetables. Aspirin is salicylic acid and when watered into tomatoes and given as a foliar to garden plants it had made all of the plants more disease and pest resistant with applications every 3 weeks. So I decided to test it on my entire garden, cannabis included to see if it made a difference. I crushed up 2 aspirin to 2 gallons of water and for plants like tomatoes that don’t like their leaves wet I watered it in and the rest of the garden I applied foliars. According to the organic gurus on here, aloe also contains salicylic acid (but, I’m cheap and 99 cent store aspirin was in my budget). I could see a big difference on the overall health of my veggies and my cannabis is strong as a horse, so I believe it did help.

6 Likes

A quick assessment on the girls after the BT spray… everything looks just fine. It didn’t even take the frost off the leaves. I looked under the skirt of the OG skunk where I saw the pm leaves too and noticed it’s only on 2 leaves on a secondary thin branch that grew in after I pruned. That branch is budded up, but I’ll get out there later and just chop the whole thing off as it is completely blocked from light so I’m assuming air circulation sucks there too. I’m glad it’s just a little branch.

6 Likes

Good news @Meesh I bet you are glad that’s over lol.

I’ve also heard of people putting a couple whole tabs of aspirin in their pots, supposed to prevent PM too. I always considered it snake oil but cant knock it til you try it I guess.

4 Likes

It’s def not snake oil as I’ve seen articles of real tests with it, but like I said on veggies aka farms. I decided to try it on cannabis myself. I do believe it has strengthened my plants in general.

3 Likes

Very interesting. Thanks. Do you ever give your plants coconut water? (Indoor) great Growin’ peace…

5 Likes

Great garden!!! The Kushage is a MONSTER!!!
Strawbrerry Diesel looks to be a pure sativa lol
Sorry to see the Sunshine Daydream turned out male, I really was hoping to see that one bud out for you.
Glad to see The Shit pulled through, you have more patience than I do, I would have culled that quick. Good thing you didn’t.
Lots of great gems of knowledge shared with the organics between the 1st and middle of the thread, was a good read!!

6 Likes

Indeed! Read like a sequential, slightly twisted documentary. I very much enjoyed it. Peace/Love

3 Likes