Megacrop V2 and little *balls*

I have a bag of Megacrop v2 and there are a buncha little marshmellow lQQking things in there…does anyone know whats up with that??? thanks in advance folks.

4 Likes

@GreenleafNutrients could answer better than most I think but I believe disolvable calcium ?

3 Likes

yeah its calcium and nitrogen

3 Likes

How would we make sure we get the proper ratio of balls to powder? Thanks!

3 Likes

I mix my V2 in small increments and would love to know the answer to above question. I use my water 1 liter at a time. And after that some one merge this to greenleafs post

2 Likes

Should I break them up and add to the remaining fert? will they dissolve in h2o?thanks!

2 Likes

I’d like to know this as well. When I used V1 that was what happened to mine before arrival and I was never sure if that changed the npk at all or how it affects the plants.

2 Likes

Someone will chime in here hopefully soon talking about making a stock solution. That seems like a good way to ensure you have everything you need.

2 Likes

@GreenleafNutrients not sure if you saw this question

1 Like

I have the same problem, by only mixing a gallon at a time. IDK if not having mixed in any mini- marshmellows has anything to do with deficiency or not. But definitely having problems with mega crop, although I believe it to be a fine product based off of user reviews. But I did read somewhere that if mixed in higher volume, like for a res these problems go away. I’ve since moved on to a different product, but still would love to dial in a mega crop run or more. Sooooooooooo @GreenleafNutrients please chime in so we can sort it out and get to using up these 2 bags I have lying about.

Used MC v1 and v2 for several runs with success in the past.

Mixing a minimum of 4 gallons at a time was my solution to the possibility of inconsist mix of powder and balls.
I’m anti-concentrated stock solution. But that’s just me.

I suspect the nitrogen/calcium chunks in MC dissolve at a slower rate than the powder…by design.

Still have pounds of MC that I use for veg. Using Jacks for flower.

I just got a bag of Megacrop and used it for the first time today. How does everyone measure grams out? I know stupid question but my kitchen scale gets finicky around very low weights. It’s the same with both my scales really…
It makes it where I can’t accurately measure out grams very well.
If only they would include a pre-measured spoon or something.

Am I the only dumb arse that has problems with powered nutes?:thinking:

I picked up one of these “coke” scales.

My mix ends up a little strong, around 900, I just add a little water to bring it down to 800. Then set ph.

2 Likes

TIL I’ve been weighing my herb on the wrong scale my whole life :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s possible to ever ensure a totally proper ratio of balls to powder (lol), but to be close I mix a concentrate up. For example mix 10 grams into 100ml of water, then you know that 10ml of concentrate is one gram of MC.

It makes this stuff easier to work with too instead of always having to wait for the balls to dissolve.

2 Likes

Coffee grinder solves the balls and marsh mellow issues ! Depending on your water I managed to use a bag up on vegging plants and fed them a tea spoon per gal I could of weighed it but this measurement seemed ok .
Other than a couple cal mag and grozyme drinks throughout there 45 day veg they slurped it back like a two for one night at the bar.

These have all been vegged on the same as above but have gotten 1 shot of microbial mass enhancer planning a second in another week .From my observation the plants appear to be healthier and for sure growing faster noticed a change the second day of them getting it. Thanks @AquaTerra for the sample bottle .

3 Likes

I use a sprayer to water plants but up until now I’ve used liquid nutes. I’m doing the same with powered nutes but I’m wondering if the sediment/powered nute is to large to exit the sprayer nozzle.?.

Maybe I’m over thinking it but sometimes after mixing I can still see a pile of nutes at the bottom of the container.
Just curious if anyone else uses a sprayer with powered nutes or not.

Oh this is a good idea! So you just grind up the whole bag(or whatever portion), mix it up quite a bit, and then just use whatever you need when you need it from there?

1 Like

To keep the consistency I’d suggest grinding the whole bag otherwise your marshmallow count could be wacky picking and choosing the correct ratios.

1 Like

I think that might be the route! Thank you @beacher for maybe solving these issues at least for me. I’ll sample on my vegging plants, but would love to run on flowering plants.

1 Like