Memorial Day!

Thank you to all who served! Also welcome home brothers and sisters, any who served!

13 Likes

Me in Nam 1967, sans any insignia, of course! 2nd pic is me now lol whatta diff!

Post any pic of yourself from ‘back in the day’, veterans!
To send home any pic of yourself back then, you weren’t allowed to show any location that could be identified.

edit… Although, if you brought the pics home with you instead of sending lol now that’s a whole different ballgame! I got some, somewhere, I just gotta find em lol

27 Likes

Awesome! Im not as old as you but Im in my sixties and pictures of me when I was young always make me laugh. My father served in the Canadian military for twenty plus years. I grew up on military bases. Happy memorial day my American friends. :smiley:

5 Likes

I’m told I look like my grampa at about same age, this is him around 1890 about 20yrs old, he died at ripe old age of 92 in 1968 while I was away. RIP, he taught me a LOT about growing Marijuana!! The original OG!

pic has been ‘colorized’ of course

edit… I just talked to the ‘family historian’ …(my sis) and she told me the pic of gramps was at 20yrs old taken in 1896, not 1890 lol

14 Likes

USMC. 80 to 86 …0324…

Happy Memorial Day,thank a vet!

21 Likes

Thanks for your service, bro!
Damn, you look serious as hell!

3 Likes

Happy Memorial Day. Thank you all for your service. It is very much appreciated by those like myself.

Doc
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am a Vet. Today is not a holiday for those that have served, am serving, or will serve. Veterans Day is our celebration. Today is to honor our fathers, mothers, aunts, uncles, brothers and sisters that gave their lives for our freedoms and values. God Bless those that gave all, may we never forget.

10 Likes

Happy Memorial Day! The unofficial start of SUMMER! :sunflower: :watermelon: :camping:
Stay Happy!

2 Likes

@NoTelling has a valid point. Today is a celebration in memoriam of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice and died for our freedoms and way of life. Again, thank you to all who served, but let’s not forget the true meaning of today.

Doc
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Always remember, never forget. But also thanks to all for the risk taken.

6 Likes

Thank you all for your ultimate service. You did what I didn’t or couldn’t do.

2 Likes

I am a vet, but didnt die, this is a day for the fallen, there is also armed forces day and veterans day.

5 Likes

Sorry if there’s any confusion… I did not say ‘happy’ Memorial day! But at the same time that we DO remember the fallen, we should still acknowledge the many who did make it back. Veterans day is another day for the military, also. But happier!

3 Likes

agree, what i said was for the non military peeps, many dont understand it seems. I will always honor my brethren from the military, I dont need a special day for that.

2 Likes

Never a time goes by that if I happen to run into another vet, I always say ‘thank you for your service and welcome home’! I knew a lot that didn’t physically make it back, and some that’re still there mentally.

2 Likes

your nam, i was too but at the end, but i hate hearing thanks for your service,unless it comes from a fellow military person, To nam guys , I like to say “welcome home” because of the way we got treated then.

you will understand that @JohnnyPotseed , most civies wont.

So to the living thanks for your service, and to the living Nam vets Welcome home brothers

5 Likes

(I came home in Dec’69) I got into more than one fight in the early '70s for being spit on, cussed out, etc… nothing ‘happy’ to remember, even though I was glad to be home, there were times I almost wished I hadn’t. Took 10 years to become a member of the human race, dark times…
picked up 2 bullet holes, a few broken bones and a good bit of stitches …

3 Likes

I figured you for a 60’s guy, the worst years. I have a friend was a medic during your time, he still cant be around Vietnamese people.

3 Likes

Jan. '66 - Dec.'69 took em 30 days to find me for my 60day early out too far in. ‘brown water Navy’ pushing barge up n down with floating bridge equip. Primary target #1

3 Likes