Memorial Strain

Has anyone memorialized a loved one by creating a strain in their honor? My wife passed away two Sundays ago after a short but aggressive battle with cancer and I am going to create a stain in her honor. She has a very unique name that very few if any have; her name was created by combining her fathers first name with her mothers middle name. The stain will be a combination of her favorite weed crossed with one which the name captures her spiritual essence. I hope to employ the help of family and friends to speed up stabilization and knock it down to 3-4 phenotypes. My hopes that someday it will be enjoyed and shared by the masses.

51 Likes

Sorry to hear about your loss. I really like your idea to memorialize her.

10 Likes

Sorry for your loss, I applaud your effort. if i can help let me know.

5 Likes

My feelings, man, and congratulations on the tribute.

4 Likes

My sincere condolences.
I think that’s a great idea.
It would be nice if you would document your breeding effort here.
Good luck!

10 Likes

Sending prayers and good thoughts so sorry for you loss

5 Likes

Im so sorry for your loss. I think this is a wonderful Idea to remember and honour her by. Ill be praying for you too.

3 Likes

Condolences. That’s a loving tribute if I ever heard of one.

2 Likes

I think this is a wonderful positive endeavor to do in memory of your wife.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your, prayers, condolences, and support; it’s very comforting.
After thinking about it more I started to wonder about the legality and/or ethical issues using existing strains to create one to honor my wife. I don’t seek monetary gain just a way for her name to live on.
She wasn’t a big smoker but she really liked Bubba Kush and sent me on a few quests to obtain it. The other strain is a free-bee tester from Hazeman “Dream Catcher”. I got two five packs of them from an order through DCSE. I can’t explain it in words other than her love for Dream Catchers but it’s more than that, it just feels fitting.
I have a “Dream Catcher” outside getting ready to flower and have taken clones. I don’t have any Bubba yet but hope to get a few reg. seeds soon from a nephew. I’m thinking of starting with a Bubba male and pollinating the Dream Catcher clones. But I wonder if it would be better to pollinate the Indica dom. with the sativa dom. I don’t really know what I want out of the strain except some kick ass weed that make people smile.

7 Likes

@Habobanero I have some bubba kush beans I could send your way. They’re regs.

6 Likes

So sorry for your loss. Probably be the best flower ever!

2 Likes

My heart goes out to you Habobanero, I don’t see any problem with you calling the cross anything you wish, especially if you are not selling…F$&k cancer!

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss my heart and prayers go out for you and your family. I believe I have some bubba kush if you still are in need of some message me and I’ll gladly send you what I have. :pray::pray:

3 Likes

Truly sorry to hear of your wifes passing, cant imagine what you have been through.
It sounds like a beautiful project, I wish you every successful with it.

2 Likes

i am sorry to hear about your loss,
yes i have created a strain i call Monica kush, (g13hp x California orange)
her name was Monica , she loved weed, and she died by suicide when i was 15. over 30 years later i come up with the strain, @kushdaddy on here grew it out for over a year and loved it.
i think it is a great way to remember a loved one, esp. if that loved one loved cannabis
if you need any help please just ask

12 Likes

Hey man much love and best wishes from downunderverse. Your loss is very unfortunate and for what it’s worth I send my best wishes to you.

Your plan sounds great. Really nice way to commemorate your loved one. Best wishes with you endeavours. :relaxed:

3 Likes

That’s an awesome idea @Habobanero. It’ll be around and on peoples tongues forever!

Prayers and vibes sent your way regarding your loss. I can’t imagine anything worse. Get that project going and then you’ll smile every time you light it up. Peace brother.

4 Likes

Truly sorry for your loss. Positive vibes sent out to you.

2 Likes

I told my wife to cremate me and mix me in some soil and grow a pot plant to make seeds off of it, than come here and spread the seeds.

14 Likes