My children my bride
Wage war
Winds of plague
Atilla

1 Like

Peepin some of these out, thank you!

1 Like
1 Like

Absolutely! I spent some time being a roadie in the hardcore/metal scene touring with a hometown band. So i know a good amount of bands from the 06-13 era

3 Likes

i like both.

1 Like

I remember when he became the guitarist for Guns N Roses . SO much better than Slash. So so SO much better. Just MHO.

1 Like

Omfg the plea for purging -malevolence music video is amazing haha!

1 Like

:joy::joy: oh yeah. They were some fun dudes to be around. An odd group of guys as far as hardcore bands go. They just started playing music again after a 10 year hiatus. Same as “with blood comes cleansing”

“Second thief” was the band i roadied for. If you’re going to listen to them, i would listen to their last two ep’s. “Threshold” was good, but they started finding themselves on “floodgates” and “brainwashed”. Their live sets towards the end of their run had a jam influence incorporated into the sets. Still believe they’re the only metal/hardcore band that played a full set without stopping between songs

1 Like

5 Likes

And they are GREAT!

3 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve never heard anything about him being a session musician. He played with Tull on the movie Rock N Roll Circus and then not long after was offered a spot in the band permanently. He said he’d rather do his own thing than have to fit into someone else’s sound.

Way more technical without a doubt but with music is that the real measure? Dimebag Darrel could play circles around Jerry Cantrell as far as speed and technical ability but said in an interview that he could play 100 notes and not come close to touching the emotion Jerry could ring out of one. Buckethead is an insanely talented guitar player though despite the name and gimmick.

2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s not just his technical abilities, which are considerable, but he’s entertaining af to watch. I will admit his emotional abilities are lacking.

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like