Metal Head thread , share what you're jamming :D

WHOLLY SHIT FUCK!!!

:rofl: :metal:

5 Likes

This has no business going as hard as it does.

Rob Scallon is the best

I’d love to see him and Nik Nocturnal Make a Track

2 Likes

IT"S SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!

:rofl:

2 Likes

I dont know why but when he threw the bottle at the bass I lost it! :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

this should be made into a metal cover … (imho.)

from approx. 12:30 on it really kills !

4 Likes

Cool. I have heard of Russian Circles before, but never listened to them.
I like the heavy vibe, with no real guitar soloing.
It’s like a dark, heavy video game soundtrack. Cool stuff. I have them in my Spotify now…

1 Like

Ok this should just age all of us.

Gonna be funny to read all the comments.

What was your first metal album

I guess since Black Sabbath was the birth of hard and heavy

Mine still has to be Black Sabbath / Black Sabbath

Given to me Christmas 74 Who knew it would be my life’s source of growing up…

Long live heavy metal :metal:
Horns up
Head Banging Madness

Long live Metal

I mean we have the creations of death metal

Speed metal. Let’s hear it

What was the first Metal album

2 Likes

Iron Maiden Somewhere in Time. Got it in the mid 80’s when I was still just a little shit.

1 Like

Saw that show twice. And had the album. Great band. Well commended

Giant EDDIE in Madison square Garden

Actually now that I think of it. I may have seen it theee times.

Nassau Coliseum
Madison Square Garden
And Giants Stadium/Meadowlands arena

4 Likes

I’d agree. Sabbath was what I consider first. Their first album was kick ass, but 2 thru 4 were… omg heavy. Then mob rules and heaven and hell with Dio really set the stage for what metal would become.

But also, I’ve only this year discovered the band Budgie? They were around the same time as Sabbath, and heavy as hell. Good stuff.

EDIT:
Here’s the band Budgie I was mentioning.

3 Likes

My neighbor was a huge metal head and gave me the LP when I asked him about it, I was like 9 or 10. He was cool as fuck

1 Like

And that’s how it starts. My grandaughter seems to enjoy metal. Wonder if it was the child versions of the metal I played when she was a baby?

1 Like

Now I have to listen to it all over again. So fucking awesome.

3 Likes

@GEMI-CONNECT616 I think my first actual physical album was iron maiden number of the beast or one of the older metallica albums like ride the lightning, master of puppets or and justice for all. Although I haven’t really owned many actual physical albums of anything.

Started out my metal journey in the late 90s. My cousins stepdad back in the day was really into ozzy and black label society among other things. They had multiple guitars, bass and a big drum set in the basement with big amps. If we were lucky sometimes when I went there we would get to play a little bit (I played drums). I think this is what started me on my journey to liking heavier music. 97 ish.

When napster came out that was when I really started to actually develop my own taste in music (before that it was just whatever cd my parents would allow me to have at the time). I started out with heavy metal and thrash, then got into death metal and black metal etc in the early 2000s. I’m 33 atm.

People used to say back then that it’s just a phase but they were wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

I dressed up as king diamond for Halloween one year for a party in high school lol

4 Likes

Bro that is awesome. And really brings things to light when you sit down to think about it

We were a rare breed in the late 70’s and early 80’s. Metal is still my life at almost 53

Just know that Slayer and Mercyful Fate. Are now what I have to tell peeps.

…are my oldies

2 Likes