Mexican Brick Mystery 2020

65 dollars is what it ended up costing me

10 Likes

Seeds have been real hit or miss rolled two blunts last night first blunt I got 11 seeds of which 3 are viable the second blunt I got no seeds lol still another 24 grams or so to go

8 Likes

Iā€™m thinking the next thunderdome round will be these and a handful of the random bagseeds Iā€™ve amassed a complete mystery round battle of the bagseeds

13 Likes

Sounds romantic. This is worth a pheno hunt. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m actually interested in seeing your results. Good luck!

7 Likes

@TheShowMeHomie I recently saw an interesting idea from a collector on another forum for starting old seeds.

The idea centered around the idea that the old seeds are missing growth hormones and enzymes. The idea is to take a batch of fresh tomato seeds, and soak them for 24 hours. This fills the water with fresh growth hormones and enzymes. Then soak the old seeds in that water.

Iā€™ll try to go back, and see if I can find the specifics.

There are several seed catalogs that sell bulk garden seeds at reasonable prices. I am going to grab some tomato seeds, and try this on my next batch of old seeds.

My thought would be to add a tsp to tablespoon of seeds to a cup of water to create the soak mix.

9 Likes

Ohhh, those nugs have been abusedā€¦ That takes me back a couple decades.
Iā€™m pulling up a chair, this looks like the beginning of an interesting pheno hunt!

Lead on Homie! you have a posse!!

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Will be 2 months or so before I grow them out gotta get space free first but Iā€™m sure I will have plenty of extras if anyone wants any just broke up another 2 grams and weā€™ll plenty of seeds lol

14 Likes

You know what screw it Iā€™m gonna throw a couple in some water they can just 12/12 from seed in the thunderdome with the other toy sized plants

I really just want to see the leaf structure more than anything see how sativa it looks

13 Likes

Big baby jesus, Ason Unique, Dirt mcgirt, Olā€™ Dirty.
Thats him.

4 Likes

That weed doesnā€™t look so badā€¦ Iā€™ve definitely seen much worse come up from our southern border over the years.

Mexico grew approximately 114,360 hectares of cannabis last year. For reference, one hectare equals 2.5 acresā€¦ now thatā€™s a lot of pot!! I remember hearing about a 200+ acre grow getting busted some years back by the Mexican army. Even with raids this size, Mexico will never run out of weedā€¦ they ARE the black market.

The Cartels grow most of it

4 Likes

I drew Ghost Face in Highschool ( drew ray and the Grave diggaz album cover to.) in class while looking at the cassette lol

7 Likes

Wow that seems expensive!! I was just talking to someone in Texas the other day who buys similar looking stuff for $30 oz, this is why I was curious.

2 Likes

Yeah we used to drive to Texas and get whole pounds for 150-200 when they were 8-1000 in Missouri

Itā€™s really all perspective to hwy location Kansas City was always 20 or 30 dollars cheaper an ounce and it was always better I guess the further up the road you go the less quality and higher price

3 Likes

Itā€™s worth smoking for 30 a zip lol

2 Likes

Yah he buys it rather than 45-60 an 1/8 he said that he canā€™t afford for ā€œgoodā€

2 Likes

Holy shit 200 a lb lol. You think these guys would figure out if they got some more indica genetics and spent a bit more effort on their growing and curing that they could make like 10 times as much $$$

Imagine 200 acres of white widow or something, itā€™d be retirement money lol

3 Likes

Well being in Texas they get the first pick so itā€™s probably really not bad at all I couldnā€™t smoke bowls of it but I honestly have enjoyed puffing through this in blunts and big joints it burns so slow and is actually very smooth just has no real taste just bland uncured trash but smooth and the high is very nice and sativa likeā€¦Iā€™m gonna shit myself if some crazy long slender leaf sativa pops out of them I really wouldnā€™t be surprised if they all come out different looking

2 Likes

I would think most of the farmers while working for the cartel are still poor farmers growing the same seed again and again doubt they have real access to outside genetics
If anything maybe selected for production

4 Likes

Ahhh the mystery of bagseed :nerd_face:
I only do a few at a time, limited space. But sometimes thereā€™s real keepers in the pack.

4 Likes

I remember paying $1 per gram back in the late 80ā€™s for Mexican stress weedā€¦ seeds were free!

1 Like