Mexican Death Sativa repro

I’m pretty new here but I’m trying to build a Mexican collection. Are any of these still available? Happy to do whatever is necessary. Thanks for considering!

I’m in the US btw.

3 Likes

Is there anyone who paid for shipping that didnt message me afterwards?

2 Likes

has this opened up to the eu ???

: )

1 Like

They’re in my hands sir, thank you! :pray: What a season this is going to be. My Spanish may even improve…

3 Likes

@lambchopedd Amazing repro work! Am very interested in trying this one out, DM or? Thank you for your invaluable contribution to the cannagrow community :pray:

7 Likes

Welcome to OG, drop by the introduce yourself thread when you get a chance so you can meet the community.

6 Likes

Is this open to :canada: ?
:hugs:

(edit: @DougDawson , did you find this out?)

1 Like

Yes, PM the OP, its open to Canadians.

3 Likes

I sound like a broken record at this point BUT — I’m not ignoring anyone! Yes I still have packs for everyone that messaged.

Life has just been overly busy with the job-change, so I dont wanna open messages until I’m ready to keep track of peoples orders. Be patient. I should be ready by Wednesday.

In other news, I should be starting Bodhis & Woodstockfarmacys Acapulco packs on the 20th; so look out for those in the future — it’ll be another OP. Probably won’t do priority shipping/charging shipping fees anymore, UNLESS that’s what you prefer. It’s sooo much easier to send packs in the mail with regular postage.

32 Likes

I actually just got these through @misterbee’s giveaway so I should be a happy camper soon! :smiley:

9 Likes

They will be featured in the NEXT THREE OR FOUR Donation and/or Giveaways!! The Brother treated the OG Community R-I-G-H-T!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes: NOTE: You lucked out with that selection, a fine choice!!!

8 Likes

<3

Imma gonna toss it into this thing and leave it for AS LONG AS IT NEEDS :smiley:

:smiley: :seedling: :sunflower: :hourglass_flowing_sand:

16 Likes

Anyone have any info on the growth pattern for these? Trying to work out my winter spacing plan :wink:

Edit: I got hooked up by @lambchopedd themselves! Score and thanks all! This is gonna be a party I’m excited to share when it happens :smiley:

6 Likes

Has anyone seen that AK beanbrains released cornbread mafias Mexican Death Sativa today? Any thoughts?

Edit:
Only 70 days flowering time?

6 Likes

There was an insane amount of AKBB releases at JBC today. I’ve heard a lot of good things about him, but how do you make and test so many crosses?

3 Likes

I think of him partly as a strain librarian who then makes old genepools available. If he claimed to make them all i’d be way more sceptical, still hard to evaluate his sources though. Ive heard good things about the dwarf boel oaxacan, so hopefully the mds is a good example.

4 Likes

Here’s a description from another site

Says flower time 13 weeks, and the earliest harvest window starting at 10 weeks.

Yeah, there were at least a dozen.

10 Likes

That’s a good way to think about it. You still have to trust where he got em from. But he’s been around for a while, and probably acquired a lot of these lines years ago and kept them in deep freeze since.

3 Likes

This thread’s going to make me look at that list again, and hopefully NOT pick a few things out.

2 Likes

I wanna compare and contrast to what this person says:

I know it’s accepted/assumed that these beans are different than Bodhis, so bare with me here.

The flowering time is more in line with Bodhis seeds — 12-14wks. I had one early female pheno that could arguably be pulled at 10wks, but I honestly wouldn’t recommend such an early harvest.

The buds pictured look similar to what mine ended up looking like. Some were dense sativa-style buds, yes, but several were more on the airy side — especially the earlier one (the fruity pheno). I like that his have some flecks of purple, because Bodhi/Doc Ds cut(s) both display dark purple fans. Mine did not (room too hot?). The only other thing to add is the red vs green petioles.

Speaking of phenos — None displayed any sort of berry/blueberry. I agree with the “cedar” smell this person mentioned, although I described it as “sandalwood”. Most of the phenos had a nice mentholated smell with a carbonated soda sort of aroma (if that makes any sense); a few were muted in terps IMO. The fruity one smelled like a mango lassi — made me hungry everytime I sniffed it.

Note: a longer dry and cure can alter the aromas. So YMMV, and my experience is totally anecdotal.

The only phenos that really stood out to me in terms of smell was the catpiss one, and the fruity one. One of the “soda” ones was very aromatic too!

Everyone asks, but I did not smoke any. My plants were so heavily seeded that I’d basically be smoking leaves and spent seed husks (ew, no thanks). I WAS going to smoke some from my favorite phenos, but I figured it wouldnt be the best representation of them anyways, and so it felt redundant.

Lastly, where the hell do I learn more about Cornbread Mafia and their MDS? Why has MDS exploded in popularity over the past year? Why hasnt AKBB posted about these at all? Where did he get em? Alaska is soo far way from Kentucky…

And why now; why release AFTER Bodhi had two drops of the same mythical strain?

Who has the foresight to wanna keep a bunch of Mexican bagseeds from the ‘80s, grown in the bible-belt? AKBB should play the lottery.

Edit:
Fixing typos. Words r hard

20 Likes