Michigan Community

If not we make our own, I’m thinking an outdoor cookout may work this summer.

5 Likes

I like that idea too!!!

Any guys in SE Michigan running AN products, switched to simple 1 part veg 1 part flower and I have a few hundred bucks if AN stuff that I’d be happy to give away …
:metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

How would you compare it to roots organic line?

I’ve used GH , GO, FF and roots. Roots gave me the most balance of skunky and floral flavors, thats why I stuck with it. I only have about 1 grow of nutes left, and have looked at the AN products a few times.

1 Like

Would be similar, I’ve just went to a KISS approach and am using 1 part organic mixes in veg and bloom. Ran all year on 100.00 of fertilizer and PK and still have a quart left of each. Plus wife ran all her vegetables with it and the bloomed like crazy.

Been trying to leave a smaller footprint. You can run AN half strength and get same results. I’ll get a list of what I have.

3 Likes

I’m finishing my current grow with advanced Nutrients and it’s going well. Only bad things about AN is it’s hard to order new stuff. I can’t get certain things shipped. They will let you order it but will take 3 months to ship it. Went to my local hydro store to get some certain things from AN and they said the same thing. Hard to order anything from that company.

An? Whats that?

Southeast Michigan checking in! Nice to find a place for people in the same state :dash:.

4 Likes

Welcome Mayem, I love your commercials…:metal::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Advance Nutrients. I’ll get a list tonight after dinner, hate to see it go to waste. I’m near Metro off 275, and you’d have to pick up

2 Likes

I’m in plymouth

2 Likes

Damn, im a ways away. If I was closer would love to

Great Idea…I’m from IL.
? Can I ride along.
:male_detective:
:oncoming_bus:

3 Likes

SERIOUS QUESTION

We have planned a move to Michigan. We would already have moved were it not for COVID. Our plan is to get some acreage in the Traverse City area.

I now, however, have concerns about moving to that area. My concerns essentially boil down to this: Northern Michigan is 90%+ white (Grand Traverse Co. is ~93%). Most counties in the Northern Michigan strongly supported Trump. This combined with Michigan’s status as a hotbed of militia groups has me worried.

I don’t begrudge people for their beliefs. At the same time, I have zero tolerance for racists. I grew up in a mixed-race family where I learned race is a social construct.

Ultimately, this is my question: Is this a worry for us? Is racism overt up there? I’ve not experienced it there but I’ve always been visiting. I don’t want to be confronted with racism going to the grocery.

Anyone have any input? Thanks OGers!

Kev :call_me_hand:t5:

3 Likes

I’d say its medium racist north of Detroit. Howell is the white supremacist center AFAIK, which is closer to lansing. I havent lived that far north in michigan personally, but spent many years in midland. My couple of black friends would regularly get pulled over for what they called DWB.

I grew up in rural Wisconsin, despite its natural beauty, the people had some ugly hearts regarding race. I live in metro Detroit now and see a bit less here.

3 Likes

Lived up there for a few years and have spent most of my life going up there alot(closest "city " besides Cadillac) there is some racism at times but it’s hit and miss. But it’s not blatant outright like standing in line at a store and somebody calls you a dumb (insert racial slur) or people running their mouths. Knew quite a few people who were racist but knew not to voice it around me cuz I’m not down with that shit. Depending on your circle of people and beliefs it’s pretty open minded community in ways. Prwtty big LGBT community as well. Cops are fuckkng scum for most part (like most anywhere else) but since legalization seem to have toned down a bit.

2 Likes

There are a lot of Trump supporters north of Lansing, but there is also a mix of liberal types. However, Michigan conservatives are not proud boys types for the most part. I have a lot of friends in the Muskegon area, and north of Muskegon, and although I see a lot of Trump signs, etc. when I go to visit them, I have also noticed that people seem to be tolerant of different people. Full disclosure - I am a white guy saying this, so other people may have other experiences. I think that the images you see on the news are of the vocal minority, and it doesn’t fairly represent the majority of people here in Michigan.

4 Likes

Here’s what I should have said:

I have zero ability to keep my mouth shut in the face of racism. I call it out when I see or hear it. Racists have the right to believe whatever they want, but when they bring it out into the public, I exercise my right to call it out.

Am I going to run into overt racism on the regular at the grocery, nursery, retail stores, etc.?

Kev :seedling:

3 Likes

No, I think your good. I think they feel money is the same color here.

5 Likes

no, I doubt you will see much of that, if any, but don’t quote me on that. good luck

1 Like