Micro Feminization The easy way.

So I’ve downsized my set up for making feminized seeds. When outdoor season came this year, I found that my seed stash had gotten a tad bit crusty… Recently moved into our new log cabin and all my seeds were stored in a crafting case for beads… Basically they became bird seed after the case was left in heated storage area and wasn’t closed completely… oops my bad. So I came up with this . Start a couple of regular seeds and keep in one gallon pots. At beginning of week 4 take the tops and put into micro dwc. 12/12 lighting cuttings at full strength veg nutes and start c.s. on mother’s also in 12/12 light. This is where I am . ( I got lucky starting regular seeds for outdoors. A few monster cropped smelly girls.)

17 Likes

and it worked so farr.

18 Likes

All under a 4 ft shop light. This has to be the easiest way to make fem seeds ever. How is it it took me 3 years to finally get to this juncture. And look at how much pollen I’ll get to throw on those outdoor blue widows.

5 Likes

Gotta love the simplicity of your dwc. Will be watching intently.

5 Likes

make sure to check out my solo cup challenge. your gonna flip cup when you see what ive concocted. im sure there will be quite a bit new ideas showing up contest bstarting the 27th/28th. go check out those pictures of my clear cup…

6 Likes

O yeh, for all those wondering about root temperature… I have no idea…im guessing room temperature obviously. Algae wont be an issue since the light intensity and dissolved oxygen ratio are in play. Algae can have some nutes if it likes… lol

2 Likes

the reversed plant gets thrown under leds for a few hours. Just because I can lol

15 Likes

Should end up with around 40-50 seeds off this experiment.

8 Likes

i had to throw it under the leds to finish because of the solo cup contest it will be interesting to see if they finish as viable seeds!!!???

4 Likes

Nice idea. I’m going to be doing some fem seed making after 20 years of pollen chucking. Lots of strains I want to do over the winter so keep male branches separated while collecting pollen is going to be my biggest challenge.

I’ll be using STS to get some girls to switch and most likely be cloning in small pots of ProMix. Easier for me than mini-DWC units tho I did make a DWC type cloner from a small Rubbermaid tub.

:peace:

4 Likes

I count 14 seeds that are visible to the eye. Yay

5 Likes

And plenty of time to just let it grow,My light schedule is around 16 light 8 off. After pollination took of course.

2 Likes

Those mini DWCs are awesome, very clever! 40-50 fem seeds should keep you in business for a while…nice system :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you beacher I get bored alot.

2 Likes

30 + are visibly huge and many not so huge. I’m guessing 40 or better so far. Can’t wait for them to start turning ripe.

7 Likes

New roots and reveg while seeds are plumping up

5 Likes

One more week and I’ll pick out a few if I can find them …Dam solo cup CHALLENGE…oh well this is a ass ton of fun. Can you believe how much growth came on while reveg for 4 weeks. This thing is growing amongst all that algae…lmao

7 Likes

Im in the challenge and ithink your my fav to win :rofl: lol i love the engenuity!
Can iask your feed regiment i tried a 30 gallon failed miserbly but something this size can hardly be considered a failure if it doesn’t work for me :rofl::rofl::rofl: sorry the ww is good and i make myself laugh smtimes.
Thanks! :v::dash:

4 Likes

Use R.O. water and follow exactly. P.H. UP UNTIL YOU HIT 5.8. I let the experts chemist’s figure it out…lol. I mix 2 gallons at a time. Make sure to mix cal mag first. Then grow…and now for bloom just 1tsp.per gallon for 2 weeks then up 1tsp. Per gallon every 2 weeks. Until you end up with 3 tsp. Per gallon of bloom . Right now I’m at 1080 ppm. P.H. 5.82 add p.h up last,duh

5 Likes

5.82 5.83

3 Likes