Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

Day 8 drooping a bit due to most likely being over watered as i haven’t changed the arduino programming.

Also playing with a new phone so will need to work out finding the right settings for pictures as auto mode makes my images come up rose tinted right now under the cabinet lights, different stock aspect ratio too

12 Likes

:blush: …make that NeemBerry… my mistake.

(because i was high)

i’m making seeds with my sole DarkDevil…it’s mate was pretty sad & bonsai.

:evergreen_tree: laughing with me, right?

2 Likes

hopefully its the good pheno, if not im gonna have some f3’s in the works once i build my closet out

6 Likes

:nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Day 10, they got the foil treatment yesterday and i just watered them now after letting them sit for the last two days to dry out.

Feels like things are better on track now for these plants.

13 Likes

Nice setup!

Would you be willing to go into some more detail about your arduino watering setup? I would love to create something similar. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

have you your first pip ( green dot under your name)

excellent question for a new user

5 Likes

Welcome, sure i can but my older thread i think has a bit of info on all it but i’ll give a run down anyways.

Initially i had a setup that used a soil sensor to measure the moisture level in the soil which would in turn activate a small water pump depending on what i was running.

Worked great. and the above board in the picture still has that function.

But right now and the last couple runs i opted out of the soil sensor and have just been running timed watering for simplicity and to push waterings, that made coding super simple with just a couple lines of code and some basic relay/power control.
But with the timed waterings you just have to watch the plants and watering conditions a bit more, till a couple weeks in.

8 Likes

Sweet, thank you @Mr.Sparkle! I will have to look back more on your previous posts as you are well and truly a huge inspiration.

@toastyjakes thanks for the pip! Looks like an HP bar or something :v:

I hope to one day soon start a diary myself, but it probably won’t actually be for a few months. Thanks for sharin’ the love and knowledge and I can’t wait to learn more!

7 Likes

Those roots are intense. I can’t believe that came from a solo cup. Great job!

5 Likes

Welcome @TheJanitor, and yeah pretty crazy hey, always amazed at these plants.

and for the thread, Just dropped some more seeds for a few reasons :wink:

some of @ReikoX crosses

10 Likes

This is exciting for me, you were one of the inspirations for working with autos. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

I’ve read nothing but good things on that cross. I’m setting in to see the results.

5 Likes

OMG!!! How dare you SOAK seeds!!! (HEHEHEHEHE Sorry, couldn’t help myself)

Are you going you going to grow these like the ones above, in the small pots? I did mine in Solo cups, but didn’t get much height out of them. I’m sure I did something wrong. Hopefully following yours will help me figure it out.

4 Likes

yes im gonna grow them in the small pots like above but expect them to grow better, as the ones above have had a rough start.

So the ones above will possibly get the toss if they don’t start acting favorably shortly and i’ll let these seeds replace them once they sprout and are going.

Was kinda thinking why am i running DD f1’s that i don’t care about have had a rough start, vs running some of @ReikoX crosses or getting started on the next generation of some of my own crosses now that i feel things are running a bit more tuned.

4 Likes

I think I am going to start a few more while the others are finishing up. This time I think I am going to use a larger pot and see if they do better. I am running (2) 45W CFL 2700K bulbs (what I had) could this be the problem?

1 Like

I would say no its more down to keeping up on the watering than anything, something i see commonly with newer/inexperienced growers no matter what size the grow, its been probably one of my biggest hurtles. But saying that bigger pots allows more water to be stored between watering so you can get away with going longer between watering vs say my plants, well unless your growing them huge too.

1 Like

Wouldn’t more “root room” give a little more size? I got about a foot on two of them, but no real volume. My male grew like crazy (over a foot) but again, straight up. I don’t want them real big but 2-3 feet is good for the cabinet and a little bulk. I wasn’t too disappointed as I really just wanted to try getting seeds (have only had feminized until now) which I do seem to have had some success, but I do want to get some decent bud on the next grow.

1 Like

it will give more size, do what you have to or want to as really there is only one way to learn imo. I know i could fill two to almost three feet of height just in bigger yogurt containers or cups if i wanted to, but i also have things a bit more dialed in order for that to happen.

3 Likes

I guess I will give it another go. The way I have it set up is the shelf moves and the lights stay where they are. I guess I will lower it a little more and keep it moving so I get a bit more stretch.

I wanted to ask you. Do you have the pump for the drip inside the reservoir or outside? I couldn’t remember reading which. I was thinking of maybe doing something like you have later. I was going to set something up earlier, but decided to just hand water for now.

2 Likes