Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

@Mr.Sparkle, what are some of the ones that really surprised you? I’ve so far had less than stellar results with autos, in particular with their veg rates, but not willing to give up on them just yet if there are some stellar ones out there.

2 Likes

With autos their starts need to be spot on for max yield, but Sweet Seeds or Mephisto is where id go first :wink:

6 Likes

Awesome, I’ll try some from them next round. Did my first auto run in dirt. Now repeating the experiment in coco for, hopefully, better control.

Thanks for setting the benchmark and sharing your experiences. This thread has been an awesome read!

2 Likes

18hrs later another inch+

guess they are bit more happy now.

12 Likes

Got a bit of work done on the closet today.

18 Likes

I don’t know why I picture a micro grow doll house with all different rooms when I look at that. LOL. Looking good as always.

6 Likes

Day 23/9

Got the other res in there and have made up the hosing and drilled extra holes in the lid.

Will be getting the watering going for them shortly.

14 Likes

Sooo the new watering programming for the left side may of had an extra 0 in the code, so instead of watering every 6 hrs it would of been every 2.5 days…

Oh well they will be back to normal in a couple hrs, and the worse one is the mutant one anyways, and they’re all testers i wasn’t planning on keeping.

13 Likes

Well 45mins later almost back to perky again.

18 Likes

Day 25/11

Swapped the two plants on the left just front to back.

Might take out the mutant shortly, possibly the others if i start more seeds.

14 Likes

Decided to toss the mutant earlier tonight, here is a root shot, mind you it was wet in this photo, but it was pretty consistent through out. Not super packed yet, but definitely utilized.

18 Likes

depends on what your running or wanting to run, totally doable with either, or other options.

What are you thinking ?

2 Likes

Looking to run a pump, and 3-6 solenoids.

1 Like

well depending on how long they need to be open, something like two sonoff pros would cover it.

But otherwise but arduino and or pi can achieve it.

just depends on what all you want to do, like are the solenoids triggered by an external input or say just timer based

1 Like

I would think that the pump would work off the pressure from the holding tank, but would have to run the solenoids off a timer. Would also want to try to use it for monitoring (PH, EC, Temp, etc) in the reservoir. The lights I would probably run off a regular timer, but wouldn’t mind running everything off the Arduino/PI.

You mentioned the sonoff. I don’t really know much about it. My understanding is that it is like a home automation type system. Is this correct?

1 Like

correct to the sonoff.

and if your doing monitoring it can be done on both but the Pi is half setup to do things say if you want over wifi for monitoring or control, sure arduinos can do that but different tools different jobs.

Arduinos are great if your kinda want to base control or monitor things, say turning on a pump whenever is needed or say a sensor activates or time based, or just throwing sensor data out to a lcd display, and set it up and leave it running as is. But if wanting to continuously play or make programs where those data points get adjusted on there own and or do that wirelessly or log and make spread sheets from that data then pi is more suited.

the essentially can do the same things just do certain things better or simpler.

2 Likes

Hello @WMoon518

I recently completed a cab upgrade, utilizing quite a bit of sonoff gear.

I can do several things with my gear, from

• Loop timers
  • triggered events (based on input from other data)
  • Say RH gets to 62% and you want it Higher or Lower, using the “Scene” function in the interface, you can turn on/off a Dehumidifier
  • Schedule timer
  • App control of each outlet
  • Realtime sensor data (limited sensors available at the moment, but more will come as time elapses)
  • Sonoff POW - realtime energy usage tracking
  • Sonoff TH10/16 Temperature probe, Temp/Humidity sensor.

You can read about what i’ve done starting Here

That being said, Arduino seems easier to utilize than Pi’s and I’ve got several of both. Pi’s have the convenience of being more powerful so if you’re handy with code you can DIY a webserver to read data/log info and put it to realtime graphs/reports.

Hope this in some way is helpful to you.

Jelly

8 Likes

btw update time

day 27/13

Days are numbered for the small DD f1’s now, even if they are starting to bud out, and running a little light.

13 Likes

That little Divyder is not growing at all. I want to see it bud that small… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve been nursing it along, had a hard time spliting its shell so it needed help, then the tap root decided to try and loop around on itself as it couldn’t figure out which way was down, all while it was just growing quite slow in comparison.

So i may toss it depending just cause of the seeds above will need some space, but there is still time before i need to boot plants.

5 Likes