Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

Some shots tonight.

Roots.

One of Top bud of the TDC, found some rot in a bigger bud of it, high humidity and was in a low airflow area, trimmed it out and it should be fine.

And another topshot of one of the good blue dreamatic buds

oh and thinking of going small on my next up coming build, as this cab is gonna be retired, “moved and it doesnt quite fit anywhere nicely so gonna outfit a closet”

Considering 125ml media volumes just so i can squeek out a few more plants to breeding purposes, as honestly even in the current space i think i could cut the media volume by 2/3rds to half and still yield pretty high.

Second lien from the bottom for fill level is what im considering.
Will be doing some testing though.

Also due the above mentioned humidity/rot issue, and the one BD getting too tall again, i’ll be dropping the plants into the reservoirs and probably hand feeding with just water after the current reservoirs run dry. it will force the plants to finish a bit quicker by cutting off the feed and watering less unless i rig something up, i’ll get some more airflow over the tops as well.

But these will be finishing up quick, the TDC forsure followed by the GSCxDD then the good BD, but we will see.

8 Likes

Is that a brick of compressed media? Or more IKEA parts left over… :wink:

:evergreen_tree: Brikktoge

haha no its a yoga block made of cork, so Corkkenblok lol.

Anyways doing a morning update today

Day 56 / 8 weeks from sprout.

Decided to remove the lids to the reservoirs and empty them as to drop the plants down into them for more height and airflow and will help things finish a bit more evenly, They will be hand watered from here on out, so we will see how the first day goes as its gonna be 8+hrs till there next watering.

Plants on the right are finishing fast, that feed water that i changed a couple days ago that started at 550ppm was already at 1200ppm this morning, so straight water for them, the bluedreams on the left were up at 950ppm.

The TDC “back right” i expect to pull by the weekend.

12 Likes

Doing some flushing persay tonight just to push things along a bit quicker, due to me only hand watering twice a day currently i can’t push off the excess built up in the soil and that that plant isn’t using anymore, so jsut pushing a bit of water through them by hand tonight.

Only reason im doing it is to push things a bit quicker and it will force the plant to start to shut down trying to reserve and use what it has built up.

TDC side small bud

Also here is something worth sharing

Ever had a plant be so desperate for pollen that it shows you its ovums for that last chance at pollen.
Ive seen this a few times on some genetics.

Right near the end the plant trys to prebuild as much as possible so it can pass on its genetics if it gets some stray pollen. If you didn’t know most would look at this as being seeded, which it isn’t.

Tweezers tips in the pic for reference

Now you combine the above with this picture and most people would be freaking.

This is a tipped bud it was heat scorched due to touching leds which i just pinched off the top of, Now its throwing off three final wisps before finishing, these are just leaves and calyxs and nothing more “aka no pollen sacs”, and something ive seen before is less desirable IMO genetic characteristics .

Now take a guess what two Plants the above two pictures are from… Gonna be a pretty easy one, but i will say they aren’t seeded :wink:

Just reference for those who have never seen it.

10 Likes

At least they didn’t herm. :+1:

Sure do look pretty though. :heart_eyes:

:v:

2 Likes

Well not yet that i can see lol

2 Likes

Got these from @Mr.Sparkle but the stems were weak could barely hold up during veg.

1 Like

looks like damping off issues on your end, very few plants would hold up to that.

8 Likes

Probably shouldn’t have straw splinted on such a young/small plant. Gotta let air get to the damaged zone. I’ve also had fungal issues when using a straw splint I’m guessing for the same reason.

3 Likes

Day 58 Been given them just water now.

The TDC comes down tomorrow or sunday but we will see.

And threw some tester seeds in for the new “pots” which i have to put holes in and cut the tops of if im picky. And fill then up to test volumes .

11 Likes

You taking shots or growing pot?? Completely insane dude.

2 Likes

Chopping the TDC this morning

Day 59 from Sprout, chop pity chop

11 Likes

Oh ya and anyone that talks shit about autos can suck on that!!:+1::+1:

4 Likes

Looking at 200g wet plus trim currently off the TDC, three more to go, but the best was this one imo

13 Likes

Nice harvest man! How long it take ya to trim all that. ha
You plan on making anything with the Leafs?
Cheers

about 1hr to 1hr30min looking at picture times and guessing, don’t actually know

And yeah the sugar trim is getting dried and will be turned to resin first.

2 Likes

I say 55 grams dried. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

My guess will be right around 70 grams

3 Likes

40-50g is mine as its typically 20-25% of wet weight

2 Likes

Have you or do you use the boveda packets?

1 Like