Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

Got some work done on the closet this weekend.

Corner caps i got all fitted and adjusted, with support strips, and magnets in the edges to keep them together once slid in place. Also wired and put in the new outlet on the left hand side.

The lights in the picture are just under cabinet lights that i just used for this picture, after i shorten some wires they will be for a wall shelf that over top of the lady’s reading chair, probably my next project then on to my own lights.

15 Likes

Looking good, mate :+1:

2 Likes

lookawsome cant wait to see when this is finished

2 Likes

Very nice setup indeed…

2 Likes

Nothing to see here folks… lol … that’s gonna be stealth to the max

4 Likes

Just a root shot of one of the DD f1’s

Also they definitely are wanting to push for more size, but just can’t due to root size limitations and how they started.

15 Likes

Considering the size of the rootball, I’m impressed with the size of that bud.

4 Likes

How do you get single xmas tree buds like that?..i just planted 4 of the dark devils and i hope i get single colas

2 Likes

These are the f1’s so a little different but not by much, but a couple of factors cause it, one genetics, another is adequate light intensity and space coupled to the small container size, but the main factor is cause i stunted them on the start. What happens is the plants more or less stub their toe while proceeding to try and run and by the time they have returned back their run they are already in flower mode, so they have no choice but to start filling out the best they can.

If they hadn’t had the stumbling start they would of been a little taller and bit more spread out.

But considering i can’t complain with what they are doing with that 5oz/150ml of coco.

7 Likes

Day 39/25/8

Res change, Rekio’s Divyder was yellowing up, and looked like the DD were slowing down which didn’t make sense.

Right hand res was at 1000ppm and 6.0pH which is what i filled it with, left hand side though was at 1500ppm and 7.2-7.4pH.

Going the nuclear option and upped my pool shock for the left side and scrubbed out the reservoirs, and will be cycling feed water through the plants just to kill any bacterial shenanigans.

12 Likes

Alright, I had enough fun with your title. I’ll change it back bro :slight_smile:

Great work, hope the nuke goes as planned!

3 Likes

A picture from yesterday of the TDC’s, a little leaf twist but not too concerned at this point.

Also a top shot of the front left DD

13 Likes

what sort of a pump are you using to feed and when will the new set up be ready ?

2 Likes

An ebay 12v 240l/h “named” pump, they are about $4-5, but im running mine at 7v as at 12v they flow Alot of water for my application.

As for the new setup, probably mid november or earlier, still need to pickup a fan and they just started becoming in stock yesterday, but im waiting till certain retailers carry them to order, once i have that, i have no excuse to finish up.

6 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle New fan, eh? :grin: Anything interesting… ?? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Day 41/27/10

Culled one divyder and the other is cannibalizing itself, think a combination of pH issue and over watering, but pluck some leaves on the last remaining one cause they were gonna be coming back.

The DD f1’s

Top shot of the shorty

12 Likes

…was searching for tomato seeds for next year and found the MrSparkle tomato:

:smile:

:evergreen_tree:

16 Likes

Day 44+ something/13

Questioning the days of the start of the DD f1’s only real thing i have to go by was a picture of when i put them into water which was the 17th of August , so factor in say another 3-4days before typical sprout, guess we should be at day 47

Reason im questioning it is the one DD is looking to be finishing up in the next bit.

Left hand res shot high on the pH again and had a stuck pump this morning, also the Divyder’s weren’t doing good, so i just chopped them and will try some at a later date where i can match the watering for what they need.

14 Likes

Caught back up now. Thread blows my mind every time I visit. Nice bro

3 Likes

LOL no joke.

Those are pretty close to the mini christmas trees for table-tops & apartments/etc.

I’m finally going to share this with a retiring commercial grower i know, just to mess with their head. :smile:

hehehe

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes