Micro Octopot Grow

Damn you @firehead ! Went balls deep and bought 6 of the micro octopots, and 25lbs each of jacks 123. I’m in deep! Also going to do a copycat grow with some mango smile.

11 Likes

Impressive grow @firehead just catching up recently received a earthbox for Christmas and looking forward to getting it set up may end up looking for those planters as well can’t wait to get towards the end of the thread I’m thinking SIPS are an easy way to grow been playing around with a few ideas my self in that regards

5 Likes

Where’d you find them? I clicked the Amazon link in the OP and it says they’re unavailable.

1 Like

Damn, looks like they are unavailable. There were a quantity of 4 available when I ordered 3. Producing those bastards slowly or everyone here is snapping them up.

1 Like

They come in and out of stock. They sometimes have a coupon for 25% off (applies to only one unit), making it $15 for two of them. Searching for the name in the description helps too, I’ve ultimately found 2 different sellers of them on Amazon.

you can literally watch available quantity drop after someone posts here ROFL

7 Likes

@firehead should be getting some commission

2 Likes

US gets the same message. I think we bought them all up here :laughing:

2 Likes

I had all the available ones in my cart then realized that they were pairs and put one back. Before these became available, I was looking at every container in my house with octo eyes.

6 Likes

I originally had 4 of them in my cart. Only had enough for 2. Bought them. Went back and the others were gone. I at least have the 2 pairs now. I sat the first two with one gallon cloth pots. But I’m thinking a three or five gallon maybe best. Once I’m thinking about it I’ll take some pics.

3 Likes

Any tips on setting up one of these for the first time? Do you water the basin straight away upon transplant? And would you water at first or just fill it with your chosen nute solution? I’m filling the bag with media (promix, perlite, bas craft blend)and going to water that down real good. The plant is in solo and can be transplanted anytime. Thanks!!

1 Like

For the first time setup…

1. fill the lower res about halfway with your desired nutrient solution (i shoot for 6.3ph, about 650-700ppm)

2. put your baby plant into the soil.

3. water the pot thoroughly. This is the only time you will ever top-water the plant. If you are using a soil mixture, this can be plain water… nutes not needed at this point. If you are using pure cocoa… maybe add a tiny bit of nutes. But sparingly.

4. It will take about 7 days for the roots to hit the res. The soil/medium in the pot will probably be getting very dry at this point, but once the roots hit the water… you will never see a happier plant

10 Likes

Bada$$ thorough breakdown to make it Bizzleproof. Thank you!

6 of @Sebring Point Break babies will be heading to the Octopups soon :deciduous_tree::sunglasses:

11 Likes

Looks great bro

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

“Point Break” is a cool name, do you know the lineage/genetics?

Point Break Info on Sebring’s site:

[ Sour Tsunami #3 (High CBD Cut) x Gorilla Biscuit ] F2 by Baked Beanz
(High CBD Photoperiod Regular)

CBD to THC: 3:2, 12%+ CBD & 8%+ THC
Profile: pine/lime/sour/fuel/lemon/burnt rubber
Maturity: 9 weeks (from the beginning of no more than 12 hours of light.)
Yield: High

5 Likes

Calibrate your pH pens often, kids.

Haven’t done mine is a long while. Calibrated mine this morning and discovered that my reservoir ph was actually 5.2 (I thought I had it at 6.3)

That sure explains all the problems I’ve been having lately.
:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s even better when they randomly go out from watering to watering.

1 Like

So I’ve decided for the top of these mini octopots I’m going to use the wick provided, I’ve got 8" 0.9gal floraflex pro pots (the square ones) with the pot drip cover, seeing how the res tank is not like the larger octopots, and seems to encourage fertilization of the tank. I am going to use floraflex Coco for this. As I have been having issues with the environment ( the usual bugs) and want to see if I can mitigate the issues by losing the living soil, and taking a different approach. I also made sure to get the floraflex propegation tray to see if it’s any different in any aspect to a normal clone tray, the idea is to take cuts, strip the tents of everything, allow the new clones to be my backups, take the prop tent and make it a flowering tent to finish up the runs I need to. And use my flowering tent as a veg tent for a month. Then flip. I usually allow for to much variance as the plants do, but will much more by the books for this. No more eye balling nutes, or guessing at ec by plant reactions.
Let’s make this a ocotpot reset of my growing habits.

I’ve yet to decided if I should use a wood drill and use a basket, or just make a hole large enough for the provides wick. And as it goes for the edges once the propot is on the octo cover. Tape the connecting edges. Or use a door type rubber seal around the edges to seal in place. It looks like these things should of come with a three foot pot to place on top. If you know about them please point me.

I was trying the cloth bags. Not really liking the way they look. And a bigger size bag I think will lead to even more issues once they are fully grown. So I want to mitigate later issues with uneven distribution

2 Likes

Nice. I grew some out this summer and really like what I saw. I’m just looking and wondering are you using the nets right into the mini octo?

1 Like