Midwest Growers Unite

I use to be into photography back in the day before digital…I had the best Nikon camera then…here is something I used back then too…when I had 1K veg/flower rooms I had these on my doors so I had no light pollution in my grow rooms…it’s like a zigzag thing to keep lights out of the dark rooms…keeping it simple and no overthinking folks…it made my rooms much cooler because the doors would be always open…

5 Likes

That’s a cool area. I wish I lived in the city at some point in my life, but now I couldn’t handle it. I hung out all over a whole lot cause I always had friends with places around, a bunch in Pilsen, Ukrainian Village, Lincoln Square, Bridgeport. All over really. Now I just want somewhere I can homestead a good hour outside anything major. Lots of changes going on in life right now so we’ll see where the wind blows me

3 Likes

We moved outa Little Italy in 1974 and moved straight west to Oak Park/River Forest area, mob towns…I went to school with Spillotro bros. kids and Anthony Accardo’s grand kids, I actually knew and met Mr. Accardo back in the day…I still have tons of friends from OPRF area and was a great town to grow up in…

5 Likes

cool it’s nice to see all the midwest growers on here

2 Likes

Been to the Patio and the Italian Ice joint! As well as a bunch of other places on Taylor.

1 Like

Hey @nesman321 Welcome to OG, how about you try and stop by here.

Say hi and get to meet and maybe know some of the most awesome people in growing around.

1 Like

Have you been here?

2 Likes

Certainly have not. Will have to check it out next time I’m down there. Looks awesome. Been a few years for sure.

1 Like

It gonna be some beautiful days coming to the midwest…I’m also gonna be putting out my plants outside for my outdoor grows…the best part of this week will be grilling/smoking/cooking outside…

Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

6 Likes

Happy Mother’s Day Midwest Growers…its gonna be another beautiful day today in the midwest…

6 Likes

Hell yea @PhilCuisine! Getting ready for outdoor.

1 Like

Decided to fire up my SWC/TRON today…

4 Likes

Happy Memorial wknd. Midwest folks…time to cook outside…

Pork belly and spatchcock/butterfly chicken

4 Likes

Oak Park/River Forest area here. Only grow indoors in a tent since the density of peoples would make outdoor growing a bit tough.

Went to school in Champaign, and my great aunt is from Red Bud. Could definitely see being able to grow outside in the more rural areas. Would love to try it one day and grow a massive plant.

1 Like

That where I grew up and hung out…Still have friends there and now I live in central Illinois…I used to work at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Board of Trade…I also hung out at on Madison strip, that’s where the bars are because OPRF was a dry town…

1 Like

Yep. My wife grew up here, I’m originally from the NW burbs. Madison St. in Forest Park is still the place to be for either bars or restaurants, mainly because OP likes to tax the f**k out of businesses and drive them to FP and then complain about how they can’t keep small businesses around. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, my property tax was $17K a year…Duffy’s was my hangout bar and my buddies still go there…my other hangout bar was Marlins in Lyons, a damn great bar…

We need a lot more rain here in north central Illinois folks…the past couple weeks southern Illinois has been getting tons of rain…and when it does rain in central Illinois we only get 1/10th of an inch and that’s it…our ground still has cracks…

2 Likes

Here in south central it’s the same way.

A nice slow steady rain would be nice. When it does rain it’s a torrential downpour and most of the rain just ends up in storm ditches.

3 Likes

We got rained on in my area, finally…almost 2.5 inches in less than 2 hrs.

5 Likes