Minnesota Joins the Club

MN finally full recreational legal, laws passed, begins in a couple weeks. Any MN members?

34 Likes

Not from Minnesota, but goddamn that’s a nice flower! Which one is that? :wink:

4 Likes

Yuppers. Here to stay. Looking into possibly trying to start a co-op Microbusiness, but it’s horribly prohibitive still. The laws are designed to give the small Growers a chance to build a brand, but I have a sickening feeling that isn’t going to be the case. Hope I’m wrong.

4 Mature, 4 immature? Please. Nobody’s following that for their indoor grows. I do not condone anyone breaking the law, but … c’mon. Illegal search and seizure on your grow isn’t likely unless you’re overdoing it spectacularly.

Thems the rules. (At least last time I checked. If you’re an MN grower CHECK REGULARLY. The laws are changing every single day.)

9 Likes

Thanks! Strawberry OG Cookies. Name is a mess, but genetics were solid. Smelled like fresh strawberries.

4 Likes

Lol right. I assume most people see that and say “worst case scenario for 16 plants isn’t any worse than a speeding ticket, fuck it, I’m going 16.”

Personally, I don’t have space (or need) for more than 4 flowering, but counting clones/mothers I will almost certainly have more than 4 vegging sometimes

Ironically, if you get a felony for growing now, you’re almost guaranteed to get a cannabis business license if you apply

5 Likes

My heart is in a big genetic undertaking, so I’m gonna have a lot of immatures and clones around. Obviously bringing some to flower, but for my own use I’ve just found Do-Si-Dos to be excellent for my needs. Might try to get that just for something to grow to flower. There’s also some gorgeous looking strains I wouldn’t mind attempting just to give it a taste.

5 Likes

MN here - just won a bud of the month online contest with a Red Poison Auto.

21 Likes

Neo fire indeed. Gorgeous plant. Looks frosty and delicious.

2 Likes

Long time Minnesota grower here. This is line I am working on that started with brick weed bag seed that was around St Paul in the late '80s and early '90s:

6 Likes

Oh. Oh my. Definitely keeping an eye on this.

3 Likes

MN here as well. I have been hoping for decades it would happen in my lifetime. Just gotta make it a few more days!
Just kidding! It’s gonna be very freeing❤️
Peace

6 Likes

7 days left of prohibition. Only one week, boys and girls!

5 Likes

6 more days of prohibition. 7 days to the day

Filling the time with pictures of brutal MN winter to remind us to appreciate the wonder of summer even more

^^No window for you

6 Likes

Post Aug 1st when it is legal, i would love to find a way to get this cut to any local people who want it.

Its genetics are a mystery: my friend popped a ton of seeds, labeled none, and gave me a cut of one. Whatever it is, it’s a narrow-leaf/sativa dominant, fast finisher, high yielder. Buds are medium-dense, sticky and greasy. Smell is sharp raw carrots, Sharpies, and mango, and it comes through crystal clear in the taste. It’s very potent; the high is funky and stimulating at first, but also very sedating at the end. It is the most special bud i’ve ever smoked; there’s just something enchanting about the taste and smell.

I would love to get this out there, GG4 style. E.g., for free, to anyone who wants it locally. I want people to enjoy it, not profit from it.

15 Likes

Congrats MN. Welcome to the fold.

5 Likes

Been a heck of a wait for some of us. To be able to share my pictures, post like this a year ago was unthinkable. Thanks!

7 Likes

Looks like a gorgeous plant! I’m local (MN at least) and I’d love to work something out for a clipping. Just started my LAB rice water today, so I’ll have some farm cheese to hand out to try. After a run or two, I’m gonna try to make some rare tea flavored varieties. Permission to DM?

2 Likes

Sure man

2 Likes

Check out motherlodegardens.com for 10-20LB per plant.

MN born and raised here! Exciting times for sure. It would definitely be cool to trade cuts and stuff. That mystery strain looks and sounds fantastic @Redrum92 !

3 Likes